Italeri M3A1 White Scout Car

2 hours ago, John said:

Still a really nice kit after all these years. I was lucky enough to find an Airfix boxed version a while back, a kit I had wanted since it was released but never managed to get. 

I think the moulds are now with Zvezda?

John 

yes, this is the Zvezda kit (have to admit the decals are hobby boss - the kit ones were horribly yellowed

• Like 1

Hairspray whitewash done. A little bit of shipping (enough?). Next up will be oil rendering with white to give some variation

50281675843_3b44cae87a_b.jpg

50281675753_885abff7f0_b.jpg

50281675728_db0147b225_b.jpg

50282516337_b4858df255_b.jpg

50282356136_60fe388afa_b.jpg

50282356126_749a15265d_b.jpg

• Like 8

Hi Rob, nice work!

Middle of summer ( ok -ish, nearly autumn) appears to be the period for doing winter schemes!

Did you apply the hairspray direct from the can or decant it into the airbrush?

Never done a winter whitewash and the old grey cells are going....:hmmm:

Cheers

Darryl 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Hi Rob, nice work!

Middle of summer ( ok -ish, nearly autumn) appears to be the period for doing winter schemes!

Did you apply the hairspray direct from the can or decant it into the airbrush?

Never done a winter whitewash and the old grey cells are going....:hmmm:

Cheers

Darryl 

hi Darryl... wanted to do it on a less "important" kit as I have it lined up for the SU122 full interior kit I have planned for next year. 

And yes - straight from the can, arms length, couple of even passes and let dry, then 2 more passes... find it a lot easier than dedicated chipping products. I have a feeling my white coat is too thick as not coming off as easily as I expected, just means I go with a less faded vehicle than I had planned...

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, robw_uk said:

hi Darryl... wanted to do it on a less "important" kit as I have it lined up for the SU122 full interior kit I have planned for next year. 

And yes - straight from the can, arms length, couple of even passes and let dry, then 2 more passes... find it a lot easier than dedicated chipping products. I have a feeling my white coat is too thick as not coming off as easily as I expected, just means I go with a less faded vehicle than I had planned...

Cheers Rob, going to have a practice with this and the salt technique before committing to a decent kit.

I've the Su85, without interior thankfully,  lurking in the stash somewhere that will need a winter finish

Atb

• 4 weeks later...

finally kicked myself to do some more work on this, added "dust" as a pre-cursour to mud effects (first time doing dust, used Mig old wood as it is the paint I was using elsewhere, should tone down when I add mud and then other pigments)

50389950766_2de0993f24_b.jpg

50390124892_39e64bb5aa_b.jpg

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, vytautas said:

Good painted. Anything else you will do with the wheels?

yep they will be mudded up as well as the sides. maybe a little touch of "grease"

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

been a while but getting close.. need to paint a few more bits of stowage (and may choose to do more) and then apply mud.....

50434533073_6ba259018d_b.jpg

50435224886_d3c2773df0_b.jpg

50435223616_dc0913058e_b.jpg

50434531728_eb7dbb9f91_b.jpg

50435391077_540de8ac41_b.jpg

• Like 8

Hi Rob, the paintwork on the stowage looks really good, nice to see this one getting some attention!

Bit of mud and then a figure or two perhaps?

Atb

Darryl 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Hi Rob, the paintwork on the stowage looks really good, nice to see this one getting some attention!

Bit of mud and then a figure or two perhaps?

Atb

Darryl 

dont have any suitable figures so that will have to wait

11 minutes ago, Longbow said:

That's looking great Rob !!

Needs some, a lot, of mud up those tires :D

Speaking of figures, Alpine has a jeep crew that I bet would look great in that.

I have MiG mud effects which I will use for the first time on this.. 

I will look at figures but more than likely will be adding them to the Wespe & Greyhound I have in the stash (and probably adding the driver from the Quad tractor to the Scammell transporter if he fits)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Longbow said:

You need some dry graduation further up. 

Looking suitably wet and European though. 

It was still wet then... Drying a bit paler then will look at fading some of it further

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Looks good to me Rob, the only thing I would say is that the two helmets on the side show no signs of any mud splatter, just my opinion.

Stay safe          Roger

• Like 1