Honda CB750F

I recently discovered that the old Airfix CB750 was in fact a Heller kit and still in production under their name. Well I had to have one. I hope I've made a better job of it than I did the Airfix one about 10000000000 years since 😆😆

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 13

It looks to me like you've done a very good job.

I like Honda cars and bikes, I've got a soft spot for the CB750 as the origin of the modern superbike.  I have a Tamiya model of a later CB750 waiting to be built, but it would be nice to add an earlier, single-cam CB750 to my collection.

• Like 2

I have been eyeing up the Hellr CB750's and resisting the urge to purchase.  Seeing your build has done nothing but dent my resolve.  I remember my attempt at the Airfix kit, sometime around the same epoch as your original build - yours has the finish I was trying, and failed, to achieve back then.  No mirrors though?

• Like 1

Looks great!

I did the Airfix one back in the day, no paint but the coloured styrene did the job better than waiting for Humbrol gloss to ever dry.  It must have been a Christmas present as I'd never have saved enough!

Cheers

Will

• Like 1

In actual fact , the Heller and Airfix CB750s are completely different kits . I built the Airfix kit when it was new back in the 1970s and it was nothing like the Heller kit I bought last year .

I suspect that Airfix collaborated with MPC to produce their kit since MPC reissued the racing version fairly recently  .

• Like 1