On 9/25/2022 at 9:12 PM, Komedy said:

Hello all

As someone who has never dipped their toe into participating in a group build before, this one looks like the perfect one to dive right into. So while it is my first GB, the nights are on the turn so the perfect opportunity to go all in and build two.

So as long as it is within the rules I would like to put forward the following two.

• Tamiya 1/48 P-38G-15-LO, s/n 43-2475, 'Babe'
  • P-38J 42-67408, 42-67408 'Double Trouble'

Looking forward to getting a start

Kom 😀

Welcome along Kom, never mind dipping a toe in, just jump in and go for it! :D

Both choices sound great, and another Tamiya P-38!  🥰 You'll love that build.

Just start up a thread and go for it.

On 9/26/2022 at 4:56 AM, JOCKNEY said:

This is the ideal place to lose your GB cherry :blush:

:doh:

Sorry if I haven't been too active here of late, super busy with work plus trying to buy...well lease a new beastie which has eaten up lots of time, but all sorted. Even managed to do quite a bit on my build....and yes I do have to start posting!!!  :whistle:

Here's my new baby :wub:  (and the big black beast is hiding/lurking in the background!!), have heaps of room to additions home for the stash!

new%20beast%202-L.jpg

• Like 3

Nice choice there, Rich. I've been driving a 2011 Skoda Octavia Laurin & Klement for the last 4.5 years, a very nice place to be.

And yes, you do need to update us on your build :fight:

James

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone....sorry I haven't been around for a bit, way too much :poop: going on in the real world not helped by the fact I've been really sick for the past few weeks which ended up with me (and SHMBO) catching Covid!! I didn't realize just how bad it could be, it nearly put me in hospital.  Covid's not something to take lightly that's for sure, I'd even had all the booster shots as well!

So the modelling Mojo has taken a real hit, have probably only spent a couple of hours at the bench in the last 5-6 weeks!  :shrug:

I eventually managed to complete my build, it's currently being held hostage by some Feral Dust Bunnies! Once I've met their demands and negotiated a release of said build i'll take some photos and close off the build.

Plus the build is just about over as well folks so please get those builds completed and in the gallery.

I have looked in on a lot of the builds and gosh there are some awesome ones there, and a few very close to finishing as well, well done everyone. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Real life (and especially your health) is more important than plastic, Rich, the kits will still be there when life slows down some. I really hope you're on the mend now too

James

...and that's it folks!

I see that there was one final rush of models into the gallery, which was great to see. Gee there are some awesome looking builds, well done to all those that managed to cross the line in time.

As always there were a few amazing builds that just didn't quite make it in time, unfortunately this does happen,. I do hope you'll be able to complete these builds as I would love to see them finished. Thye threads do remain open for updates.

So thank you one and all for joining this build, I do hope it was enjoyable. I will go though all the builds again as I know I have missed some unfortunately. A big thank you to @81-er who looked after the build in my absence.

I'm taking a break from GB's for a while, got too many other projects to complete, plus need to learn how to create masks with my Silhouette Curio, have some complex schemes planned for later in the year "Go Large or go home" GB.

Again thanks to everyone who joined in, hope you all have a Merry Christmas with lots of nice models from Santa....and will see you all next year.

.....I'll do a poll later in the week.

• Like 10

Echoing what Rich has said above, thank you to everyone who participated in this GB and for making it a fun experience for my first GB co-hosting. There’s some seriously impressive models in the gallery, and I’m hoping to see a few more in some final updates to build threads for the ones that didn’t quite make it (my own included).

Merry Christmas to all of you, and I’ll see you in another GB soon.

James

• Like 3

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay, but the poll is now up and open for voting.......

....and good luck there!!! You only get one vote and wow what a tough choice that'll be!! I have 5 favourites and have no idea.

The poll will be open until 23:59 24th Dec.......so Santa will be able to vote before he heads off...so don't you lot forget to vote.....else no new models for you, else just lumps of coal for you!!!!

Reason for lateness of poll........ I'm 90% with creating mask for a 1/32nd MiG-21 in Splinter Scheme!! Lots of work but will look amazing. All going well with them I'll see about selling sets.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

Arrr just a wee hint with voting in the poll.

You are only meant to vote for one build total......not a build in each list!  

3 members have voted and we have 6 votes? :hmmm:

Hi, Rich.

There may be something wrong with the poll. I selected one in the first list, clicked on submit, the poll didn't seem to accept my vote and the message "this field is required" appeared in the second list. 

Cheers, Stefan.

Hi,

Has voted.

Knowing myself, better to take just one look at the gallery and plunge. Too many striking builds in there. Just the logical follow-up to a lot of outstanding build threads. And as always, mine didn't reach the finish line :snail:.

A pleasure to have had my share of the fun and to see so many "fine specimens" of one of my favourite aircraft in the same place.

Many thanks to our hosts @trickyrich and @81-er and also to all the participants.

Pat.

• Like 2