Martian And The Canberras From Mars

Don't worry about us Martin, The most important thing right now is you taking care of YOU. We'll muddle through. Besides if we do get frightfully bored we can always use one of the Usual Suspects  and have good game of pin the tail on the Llama.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

@Martian

Thank you for taking the time to share your situation with the rest of us. I only know you through our banter on this website, but I feel a real kinship with you, your sense of humor, and your modeling skills. I'm sure the rest of the regulars and irregulars here on BM appreciate the updates from The General and Terry- I can only imagine how hard this must be for them. Get well, and know that no matter how long it might take, know that we will be here for you. Your reserved parking spot in the Naughty Corner is just as you left it, Tentacled One, and we left the safety 'on' on your blurglecruncheon. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Mrs. Martian. On a more positive note- the filler will have dried on your Canberras by the time you get back to them! :worthy:

Mike

Edited by 72modeler
corrected spelling
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the update Martin.  It is always hard to say things that you think make you sound like a lesser person.  Nothing is further from the fact.  Saying this proves how strong you are.

I am happy to hear you have support and hopefully the new meds will help. 

Wish I could tell you it will all be better soon but no one knows how long the road will take.  You just gotta keep driving.

Keep messing with those Series Ones when you feel up to it.  Even just painting a propellor or a tire is a positive step.  Don't need to even finish the kit.  Just take each step as you go

Take care.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Dearest Martian

I am very happy to hear again from you, and sure so are the rest. You have a very large (if totally misbehaved) claque of supporters, all pulling for you.

Patience is one of the many virtues of a Shaolin Modeling Monk, so we will wait until you are ready, take your time. You will heal.

Cheers, you rascal.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

As the others have said, take your time, the most important thing is to get yourself well again, everything else will follow.

Best wishes for a full recovery.

AW

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Martian mate, I promise not to damage the blurglecruncheon (very much) when I field strip it to get the dried, caked in lemon jelly out.

I do not know what possessed Alain to believe its refrigeration unit would keep his bowl of pudd'n cold during the bonfire, but you know, once on the naughty step, always...

Thank you for telling us how bad it has been, I bet rather more of us than you would think have had more minor versions of your illness, thank god Gill got angry with the medics.

Time is the essence, take all you need, call me if you are up to a chat in full on BM vein but more essentially don't bother at all unless you feel like it.

God bless you my friend, my thoughts are in Poole at the moment.

(Not even waiting for the ferry either)

Come home when you're ready, your space is here at 'The Bench Of Heroes'.

• Like 2

The entire Corps of Space Rangers sends you our wishes for a complete recovery and our admiration for your openness in relating your story and the courage it took to tell it. Both are good signs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for letting us know how you are. Take care of yourself and hopefully the change in meds will have the right effect and you will soon feel able to get back to the bench. Time is a great healer best wishes     Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@perdu seems to have hiccups. 

I meant to add this morning, It's highly likely that more than a few of us on here could be candidates for those meds or a talk on the couch.

For instance, I often talk to myself. Drives Her indoors mad. I'm happy though, I don't often disagree with myself.

Is the quest for model perfection some form of OCD? Looking at the state of some peoples modelling desks, probably not. Then again....

All the best, Pete.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Having caught up on the excellent modelling in this thread and the usual hijicks from the usual suspects, I wish Martian a speedy recovery and will wait patiently for the day when he returns to gluing his tentacles together - as well as sheet styrene - in pursuit of this fine hobby.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks’ for the update Martin. Sounds as if the shrink needs to be reported for their inaction!

Modelling can wait, your health can not, nor should it. We will hear from you in good time and sleep as much as you like, it's part of how the brain heals itself from what I have seen on some quite respectable television programs.

Regards and best wishes

Gondor

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

We're here for you mate.    🙂

I may be on the other side of the ocean, but I've had the opportunity to meet Martin on several occasions. (He does have tentacles, by the way). I first met him at the RAF Museum when he and @CedB graciously offered to host my visit and be my tour guides. Rarely do people in real life live up to their Internet personality, but Martin certainly did. Friendships were cemented on the spot - over a coffee underneath a Sunderland, I believe.

I've been through several medical crises myself, including nine spinal surgeries, a femur rod, and two bouts of cancer. I find it therapeutic to discuss my condition openly to anyone who wants to listen. Not for sympathy, as Martin mentions, but to keep my mind and emotions engaged on the end game. These discussions focus your internal energy on those things that will positively affect your quality of life. If and when Martin wants to tell us any more, please listen as a friend and respect him for sharing.

Martin, I'm hoping for the best possible recovery and a return to whatever world you wish to inhabit, either here or on Mars.    👍

Cheers,

Bill 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Take your time. You are sorely missed. Don't worry, we now have a rota for bathing the Llama. 

Bathing the Llama ?:analintruder:  I thought the instructions left said “basting”. That explains the trouble getting it to go back in the oven again afterwards at 180c for 20 minutes

• Haha 7

Hi there,

Martian, here's hoping you get the help you require speedily.

About 15 years ago I had an all singing, all dancing breakdown but luckily I had a fantastic GP who got me started with the Psychiatric Nurse the very afternoon that I was dragged kicking and screaming in to see him.

It took 6 months to get back on an even keel but I learned very quickly to do as I was told and accept the help that was given.

Long story short. Your health is all that's important now and I wish you a speedy recovery. This place can wait for your eventual return.

All the best,

Alistair

• Like 2

17 hours ago, JohnT said:

Bathing the Llama ?:analintruder:  I thought the instructions left said “basting”. That explains the trouble getting it to go back in the oven again afterwards at 180c for 20 minutes

The resale value of that llama is going to be practically nil! (with apologies to W.C.Fields).

• Haha 5

56 minutes ago, Space Ranger said:

The resale value of that llama is going to be practically nil! (with apologies to W.C.Fields).

But surely no-one expected anything less after the scale of that weekend's debauchery.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, perdu said:

But surely no-one expected anything less after the scale of that weekend's debauchery.

My technicians are still repairing the OrbitJet's sensors which were overloaded to burnout by that weekend's debauchery. We thought at first it was a raid by Sekex Mindar pirates.

• Sad 2

22 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

Nah, c'mon guys, a bit of perfect plastic putty, some photo-etch, primer and a respray and the Llama will look good as new.

On 11/10/2020 at 5:53 AM, JohnT said:

Good grief man don't you know anything about how to cook a Llama? You need a dry heat and at least three weeks. If you baste too early, the fur gets sticky and the cooking time is completely messed up. May I point you to Fanny Craddock's best seller "103 Ways to Cook Lama Glama" for your future reference.

Continued best wishes to Martian, your thread is safe in our hands (unlike the Llama, the car and the potting shed). Come on back when you are ready and not before.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3