Martian And The Canberras From Mars

On 8/21/2020 at 2:10 AM, Marklo said:

After I type this of course as I’m not good at typing with other appendages.

Edited yesterday at 02:10 AM by Marklo

I was tempted to say something about 'hunt and peck--" but (1) thought better of it and (2) it's already getting crowded in the naughty corner!

Mike

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Strong beer by 200lt, Surely not enough to flood the lone star state...

If that were a Texas beer can, there would have  been a bung in the top for a straw! Yeehaw! :giggle:

Mike

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

Someone call the Oxford Dictionary and tell them to stop the presses! A new word must be added  before continuing "cockpittery" I now return you to further mischief and mayhem. Myself, it is beer thirty somewhere in the world and libations in need of "guarding" 😎

Has anyone ever told you that you are a very silly Colonial type Loren? Silly me, they must have done seeing as you have the rank of "Usual Suspect". :doh:

4 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

By the by, Outstanding job on the bays before I get further sidetracked with mayhem Martian

Thanks Loren. Actually I think you did get sidetracked as you posted your contribution tothe mayhem first!

3 hours ago, 72modeler said:

I was tempted to say something about 'hunt and peck--" but (1) thought better of it and (2) it's already getting crowded in the naughty corner!

Mike

Fret ye not Mike, Ihave put you on the waiting list. If CC didn't keep breaking his parole, we could get you in there a lot sooner. The trouble is that CC has been there so long now that he says he likes it there!

3 hours ago, 72modeler said:

If that were a Texas beer can, there would have  been a bung in the top for a straw! Yeehaw! :giggle:

Mike

Savages! Everyone knows ale should be drunk from a pint pot with a proper handle. 

1 hour ago, general melchett said:

Methinks you've been partaking in some of CC's rocket juice Martian....you're even starting to sound like him:drunk:

Lovely bit of loomery going on there...

Thanks General. Distressed at the thought of being mistaken for CC, :frantic:the offending typos were corrected in short order!

Martian 👽

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

I heard you the first time Martian!

🤣

Terry

I know, BM was playing silly buggers with me. It wouldn't let me submit my post and then posted three copies all at once.

Martian 👽

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Martian said:

It wouldn't let me submit my post and then posted three copies all at once.

Posting in triplicate: once a public servant, always a public servant...

Thank Gawd there's been no actual building going on here to disrupt the forum's favourite talk show. :evil_laugh:

• Haha 7

5 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

He must have got one (or more) tentacles caught in the keyboard.

We can HOPE it was only a tentacle (triple checked the spelling, phew!!) or two! Maybe he was practicing "alternative typing" as proposed by @Marklo

Please do NOT attempt to visualise that!

Ian

• Haha 5

16 minutes ago, Brandy said:

We can HOPE it was only a tentacle (triple checked the spelling, phew!!) or two! Maybe he was practicing "alternative typing" as proposed by @Marklo

Please do NOT attempt to visualise that!

Ian

Too late Ian, they already have! :yikes:Let the record state that you are responsible for nightnares across the globe!

5 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

He must have got one (or more) tentacles caught in the keyboard.

It took Mrs Martian some time to disentangle me without damaging some of my more tender parts. There was a nasty moment with a stuck semi-colon but everything is all right now.

Martian 👽

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1

Today has been mostly spent making and fitting backs and connections for the instruments on the Main IP. This has involved drillilng and cutting to size dozens of slices of plastic rod and cutting an identical number of lengths of Albion Alloys' tubing. The tubing was used to make the connectors where wires enter the instrument bodies. Care has to be taken here to ensure that the instrument bodies line up with the instrument faces on the other side of the panel. A similar technique was used to replicate the rear of the switch clusters.

Aware that it is important that the cabling and wiring on the rear of the IP is kept tidy, as it waould have been on the real aircraft, some eyelets were fabricated from Little Cars' detailing wire and glued into holes that had been drilled through the fuselage. The holes on the exterior of the fuselage were filled and tidied up once the eyelets had been glued in place.

Before calling it a day, I began fabricating the hinges for the folding nose cone. The glue on this needs to be well cured before any more work on these is undertaken. In fact, it looks like the detailing of the nose cone is going to be a small project in it's own right.

Thanks for looking.

Martian 👽

107.jpg

108.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

On 8/23/2020 at 1:38 AM, Martian said:

Savages! Everyone knows ale should be drunk from a pint pot with a proper handle.

And the ale should be warm.

Fantastic detailing Sir Martian, silk purses and sow's ear spring immediately to mind.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CJP said:

Awesome work Martian - you must have great patience and a very steady hand

CJP

Thanks CJ, I do have a steady tentacle or two but I enjoy doing fine detail work and have been doing it so long now that it is second nature to me now so patience doesn't really come into it. When things do get a bit tricky, bloody mindedness, which most people will attest that I have in adundance, usually sees me through.

6 hours ago, DonH said:

And the ale should be warm.

Fantastic detailing Sir Martian, silk purses and sow's ear spring immediately to mind.

Thanks Don, I'm really enjoying this build so I don't really think about it that way. I'm more thinking of this kit as a blank canvass. I have another three plus a PR9 kit in stock. The B(I) 8/12 has been a bit more of a pain but the colour scheme I have decided on should see me through there, especially as I think I have broken the back of the difficult stuff on that particular kit.

Martian 👽

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

The attention to detail is great, but how long will it take you to paint?

Trevor

Thankx Max, The cockpit/cabin is mostly shades of black so not too much trouble there. The bits that might prove a bit tricky are the wiring looms, especially the ones behind the navigator's instrument panel. Still, I have a plan, its not very cunning and can most definitely fail but a plan nonetheless. If it does work however, it will make subsequent Canberra builds a lot easier.

Martian 👽

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Nah- he's got a trained spider and a three-inch whip! :giggle:

Mike

No spider unfortunately, Martian spiders have been in short suppy since they went off to Earth to work for some bloke called Ziggy Stardust. I don't have a three inch whip but I do have a full size cat 'o none tails if it helps,? It comes in useful when the crew of the harbour patrol launch are a bit slow off the mark. :whip:

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have to say, I don't like it, just like me you spend far too much time buggering around with fine detail, which ultimately won't be seen! Having said that, it needs to be done...

Carry on carrying on...Colin

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, heloman1 said:

I have to say, I don't like it, just like me you spend far too much time buggering around with fine detail, which ultimately won't be seen! Having said that, it needs to be done...

Carry on carrying on...Colin

Ah, but in this case, with the hatch above the navigator's compartment removed and the nose folded back, most of the detail will be seen. All part of my cunning plan. If it all turns out OK, I shall probably get another digital photo frame so that people can view the build at shows.

Martian of the Cunning Plans 👽

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bbudde said:

Hello Martian. Once again one of my discards on the Canberra as usual, but that looks really, really great so far,  I hope, I'll see it in the RFI sometime with all details, I guess

Cheers

Thanks Benedikt, there is still plenty of time for me to screw it all up.

Hamfisted of Mars 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Martian said:

Hamfisted of Mars 

No, not at all!  Not a "Holzhacker" on earth in the Sauerland. You should drive through the Sauerland. as I did several times. No fun on the woods as you'll see!.  I cringed at some point!!  Lost;  Lost highway!  Ok, mono cultures over the years, but that looked devastated/devastating for years.  No reason to get deeper into it now.  Lost holiday's for many. Sorry to see that.

Cheers

• Like 2

Really great idea Dear tentacled one, Dully noted in my files...

Since I started the TT 18 interior.

You know, Belgium is the country of Surrealism... Look at this one, You speak french after all....

I can't resist to share it...

118215489_3181658768607695_7379916498944981616_n

Sooo, They are very carefull at PolBru :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

CC

• Haha 3