Martian And The Canberras From Mars

15 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

That’s CrAzY detailed. Bravo 🙌

Johnny

Thanks Johnny, you wouldn't expect sensible from me would you? Or at least I hope not! Wibble.

13 hours ago, Peter W said:

Brilliant but mad, you're certainly going to need to leave the navigators light on when you paint it all black and close it up 😉

I will say that seeing this has convinced me that I need to add to my tool collection because I couldn't imaging doing that work without a better set than I currently have.

Pete 

Thanks Pete. You may not have noticed my cunning plan to see what is going on in the navigator's compartment. I have removed the emergancy overhead panel. I may well do this as well on my TT18 as there is a significant difference between the marks in this area,

I don't think you necessarily need to add to your tools. 95% of my work is done with basic tools. My secret, if indeed there is one, is thoroughly planning each stage of a build. I will spend hours or even days going through a procedure in my mind until I am completely happy with what I am going to do. I consider this as much modelling as I do actually glueing parts together.

13 hours ago, Hamden said:

More great detail work, really bringing the cockpits to life

Roger

Cheers Roger.

Martian 👽

• Like 9

21 hours ago, Mike said:

There's almost as much modelling going on in this thread as on my workbench at the moment

Let's see that P-63E, Mike! I have the same kit, but would much rather build an RP-63G Pinball! (We now return you to the regularly scheduled mad banter  on Martian's WIP!)

Mike

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, 71chally said:

Superb work, that cockpit detail is glorious.

...now, back to Carry On Britmodeller!

Thanks Chally. Now there's a thought, I wonder what a Carry on Britmodeller film would look like and what actors would play what roles? :hmmm:Answers to a thread near you c/o @Mike.

5 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Let's see that P-63E, Mike! I have the same kit, but would much rather build an RP-63G Pinball! (We now return you to the regularly scheduled mad banter  on Martian's WIP!)

Mike

I think the appropriate phrase here Mike is "Own Goal".

6 hours ago, Mike said:

OK, back to the chitty-chatty, that modelling lark's clearly not for you... Far too good <_<

Well, I produced plastic, can't see what more a barking mad alien can do.

Martian :hmmm:

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, 71chally said:

Well if it turns into the Carry On Britmodeller videocast panto, I volunteer to be Bernard Bresslaw!

I had more in mind a proper feature film as per the original Carry On films. I was wondering what the plot could be, especially as no-one here has a clue what the plot is and which of the original cast would play what BM personage. Who for example could we get to play @corsaircorp or @general melchett? I accept that casting a incredibly good looking and multi-tentacled alien could be a challenge for any casting director. I also accept that we might need a special dispensation so that Macbeth could play @The Spadgent.

Martian 👽

• Haha 6

26 minutes ago, Martian said:

I accept that casting a incredibly good looking and multi-tentacled alien could be a challenge for any casting director.

I imagine, with a bit of makeup, George Clooney would be an excellent choice.

Now I have to move from the naughty corner to the blackboard monitor's corner...

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, DonH said:

Now I have to move from the naughty corner to the blackboard monitor's corner...

What was it our illustrious leader said about blackboard monitors? I quote: "Butt-licker, more like". For your own protection, I think we will keep you in the Naughty Corner for now. @corsaircorp will show you around, maybe play you a sound, you look like you're pretty groovy or if you prefer something visual that's really quite abysmal we could take in a @general melchett movie.

Rocky Horror Martian 👽

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Martian said:

What was it our illustrious leader said about blackboard monitors? I quote: "Butt-licker, more like". For your own protection, I think we will keep you in the Naughty Corner for now. @corsaircorp will show you around, maybe play you a sound, you look like you're pretty groovy or if you prefer something visual that's really quite abysmal we could take in a @general melchett movie.

Rock Horror Martian 👽

:cheers:Can I bring on my big gun and strong beers ??

Original sound track must be mainly from Motorhead and Metallica, with a bit of Ennio Morricone for the breathtaking sequences...

Look like a good idea !!

Excellent interior dear Martian !!

CC

• Thanks 1

I seem to recall that a certain general of this parish once said "a stubborn refusal to looks facts in the face will see us through". With this in mind and in an almost certainly futile effort to get this thread back on track, I shall update you on the progress made over the last day or so.

Work has concentrated on the instrument panels for the pupil and instructor and the pupil's side console. After an initial panic when I realised that there was no Eduard etch for this mark, I gave myself a good kicking and asked myself what did I do before all this etch became available? The answer was of course that I had to scratch build these things. The skills to do this haven't gone away, I just got lazy. So, it was out plastic stock time and with the assistance of my ever dwindling stock of Re-Heat bezels, I set about the task. This actually proved to be a very theraputic and with the aid of some instrument decals, I think I might revert to scratch building a lot more of my panels.

I still have to make dozens of instrument backs and fittings to take the wiring looms as these will be very visible via the open nose of the aircraft. 

Thanks for looking and sorry to interrupt then conidered and learned debate that has been going on here. 

Martian 👽

100.jpg

101.jpg

102.jpg

• Like 18

25 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

R heat bezels??? Is this a thing? 😯

Beautiful and I’ll even not mention the 👃 ooch. 🤣

(edit.) Just been looking, Airscale do some too. How did I never know about these? 😯😯😯

Thanks for pointing tne Airscale items out, I had forgotten about them and was resigning myself to going back to bits of five amp fuse wite wrapped around a drill bit for my bezels.

Martian 👽

• Thanks 2

Motorhead and Metallica, with a bit of Ennio Morricone

Now your talking CC, a bit of Priest in there too (KK and Glenn Tipton era, of course)....talking of Morricone, every time I hear the sound of laboured breathing, insane cackling and the heavy footfalls of the memsahib's jackboots clunking up the stairs, nearing the triple-bolted door to the inner sanctum, I can't help but play 'The Thing' over and over in my mind.....perfect meld of foreboding dread and menace.

my ever dwindling stock of Re-Heat bezels

Me too, I think they're mostly unusable now, good for their time but I also tend to go for the Airscale and Mike Grant stuff  these days.

Good work on the drivers compartment.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, general melchett said:

Now your talking CC, a bit of Priest in there too (KK and Glenn Tipton era, of course)....talking of Morricone, every time I hear the sound of laboured breathing, insane cackling and the heavy footfalls of the memsahib's jackboots clunking up the stairs, nearing the triple-bolted door to the inner sanctum, I can't help but play 'The Thing' over and over in my mind.....perfect meld of foreboding dread and menace.

Me too, I think they're mostly unusable now, good for their time but I also tend to go for the Airscale and Mike Grant stuff  these days.

Good work on the drivers compartment.

Cheers your Generalship.

Martian 👽

32 minutes ago, 71chally said:

oh come on, it has Charles Hawtrey all over it

1c05e6757ac8d3b8c58693f1cc95b189.jpg

OK I supposed I asked for that!

Martian 👽

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

Very impressive work there Martian. I love those instrument bezels, but I will promise not to touch ................

Terry

Thanks Terry. It is OK to touch now as I have fitted the model with child   err, I mean Terry locks. They are guaranteed as being proof against even deranged members of the Imperial General Staff.

Mars' Health and Safety Representative on Earth 👽

• Haha 3

Martin, amazing work in the cockpit. To the rest of the guys, who keep trowing ad lib comments, just keep them coming...

A wonderful build thread.

Colin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, heloman1 said:

Martin, amazing work in the cockpit. To the rest of the guys, who keep trowing ad lib comments, just keep them coming...

A wonderful build thread.

Colin

Thanks Colin, I don't think anyone who takes part in my threads could ever be accused of taking modelling too seriously.

Martian 👽

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1