Martian And The Canberras From Mars

Well you could be like an octopus which has quite a bit of its brains in its tentacles. 

Or for that matter; like a lobster which has the input and the outputs in the same place, so to speak. Which could be a) awfully confusing and b) horribly messy. But on the evolutionary plus side they think that lobsters may live indefinitely, although this is offset by them being extremely tasty, isn’t nature cruel.

Edited by Marklo
  • Haha 7

Well I was knitting you a jumper for Christmas. Now I'll have to redo two sleeves with holes. Tsk!

Nice seats though, It's looking good but cramped in there. Which was my impression the first time I looked into a Canberra many moons ago.

BTW, in 1/48th, twirl yellow and black cotton together to make bang seat handles.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Oh, great! Another image burned into my brain that I will never be able to get rid of! (For some reason the image of  a Lightning F6 in reheat keeps popping up!) :giggle:Seriously, that cockpit and those  bang seats are amazing-, Martian- keep it up!

Mike

Since we must observe social distancing, how is CC going to be able to pass me a cold Chimay- it's pretty cramped here in the naughty corner!

How long have you been a member of BM? I happen to know its about six years. Surely you should know the sort of thing to expect by now, especially on my or @general melchett's threads!

Thanks for the compliment and as a reward, I shall pass on the news that the Naughty corner is Covid free. Word is that the virus took one look at @corsaircorp and his rocket fuel and did a runner. It is therefore safe for you to accept drinks from CC. Well, I say safe but there are many who were at Telford last year who would contest that point of view!

As for the Lightning reheat, I am given to underswtand that the lighting of Martian farts has been expressly forbidden by the United Federation of Planets both on safety and environmental grounds.

3 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Repeating what has already been said I know, but those seats really are the biz Martian. So like the real thing that I am a little nervous ..... have you modelled the safety pins "in"?

Terry

Thanks Terry, and as a reward for you, I suggest we put you through the Martian shrinking machine, strap you in and pull the handle. I have forgotten whether I popped the pins in or not so we will soon find out. See, I'm generous to a fault!

2 hours ago, Marklo said:

Well you could be like an octopus which has quite a bit of its brains in its tentacles. 

Or for that matter; like a lobster which has the input and the outputs in the same place, so to speak. Which could be a) awfully confusing and b) horribly messy. But on the evolutionary plus side they think that lobsters may live indefinitely, although this is offset by them being extremely tasty, isn’t nature cruel.

Thanks for your input on the creative front Mark. I am pleased to inform you that I am reliably informed that cooked Martian tastes somewhat worse than @general melchett's battle y-fronts fricassied by Baldrick. Even worse if eaten raw. But then again, who is going to try and eat an angry, blurglecruncheon wielding Martian?  :eat: Even I woudn't try it!

2 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Nice progress. I like the seats!

Regards,

Adrian

Thanks Adrian, have a Martian point for a sensible answer!

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Well I was knitting you a jumper for Christmas. Now I'll have to redo two sleeves with holes. Tsk!

Nice seats though, It's looking good but cramped in there. Which was my impression the first time I looked into a Canberra many moons ago.

BTW, in 1/48th, twirl yellow and black cotton together to make bang seat handles.

Thanks Pete. I was going to try that idea on the next Canberra; right up to the point that I realised that I have sone Eduard  pre-painted ones. What are the odds that I forget and go scratch building some anyway? No, don't answer that, I am fully aware that the odds are very heavilly odds on!

1 hour ago, canberra kid said:

FcmPGf.jpg

John

Thanks John.

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Martian said:

who is going to try and eat an angry, blurglecruncheon wielding Martian? 

A larger angrier and hungry blurglecruncheon wielding Martian??

I’m not familiar with Martian Fauna, if it were a hominid like us then up to around. 50,000 years ago everything was capable of eating us.

Edited by Marklo
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Marklo said:

A larger angrier and hungry blurglecruncheon wielding Martian??

I’m not familiar with Martian Fauna, if it were a hominid like us then up to around. 50,000 years ago everything was capable of eating us.

Fair enough but would you or anything else want to eat anything that tasted like General Melchett's pants?

Martian 👽

• Haha 2
  • Sad 3

26 minutes ago, Martian said:

Fair enough but would you or anything else want to eat anything that tasted like General Melchett's pants?

Well I grew up during the seventies and frankly most food was like that in those days, my mother was way ahead of her time in owning a spice rack with eight different jars in it. And most restaurant food was either ham or cheese sandwiches. I think enjoying your food was against the precepts of the Catholic Church or something. I mean we only got barista coffee in the nineties over here. Anyway I digress ( or is that ramble inanely?) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Well I grew up during the seventies and frankly most food was like that in those days, my mother was way ahead of her time in owning a spice rack with eight different jars in it. And most restaurant food was either ham or cheese sandwiches. I think enjoying your food was against the precepts of the Catholic Church or something. I mean we only got barista coffee in the nineties over here. Anyway I digress ( or is that ramble inanely?) 

Rambling inanely is par for the course on my threads so no need to worry.

Martian 👽

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Hello Dear Alien !

I have the project to model the 844 from RNAS Yeovilton.

I pm you something now, but it cannot be received...:frantic:

Today it was a chilled Blue Chimay !! :cheers:

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Dear Alien !

I have the project to model the 844 from RNAS Yeovilton.

I pm you something now, but it cannot be received...:frantic:

Today it was a chilled Blue Chimay !! :cheers:

Sincerely.

CC

I can't understand why you can't get a PM through Alain, give me a call and I will try and help.

6 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

Nice pit, dude!    :)

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks Bill, I trust the ever increasing amount of white styrene in these builds meet with your approval.

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lovely stuff Martian, as mentioned, nice bangseats. 

What's all this nonsense about the weather, just grin and bear it man/martian, nothing like the murderous heat of the tropics...try taking yer table, swivel chair, optivisor, compressor and Humbrol enamels out to the jungles of Borneo (or the Lincolnshire Wolds, both as bad) mid-August to see what true modelling is all about.

cooked Martian tastes somewhat worse than general melchett's battle y-fronts fricassied by Baldrick. Even worse if eaten raw. But then again, who is going to try and eat an angry, blurglecruncheon wielding Martian? 

That's a matter for the courts to decide, fortunately I wasn't in them at the time...btw, I tried one of your blurglecruncheons once, marinated in Vogon spittle, lightly sprinkled with a Fredelled Gruntbuggly garnish, all bunged in an Egg McGobberwart sandwich with extra fries. A bit dungy for my taste but Baldrick fair lapped it up, even lined up for seconds... 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, general melchett said:

Lovely stuff Martian, as mentioned, nice bangseats. 

What's all this nonsense about the weather, just grin and bear it man/martian, nothing like the murderous heat of the tropics...try taking yer table, swivel chair, optivisor, compressor and Humbrol enamels out to the jungles of Borneo (or the Lincolnshire Wolds, both as bad) mid-August to see what true modelling is all about.

Thanks General but Sarah-Jane, she say no. Actually she took one look at all the modelling paraphenalia she would have to transport and told me to go and do something physically impossible (even for Martians). She wasn't using the Queens English either!

Martian 👽

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Martian said:

She wasn't using the Queens English either!

Women! Can't live with 'em....can't live with 'em! I'm fortunate, I guess, as Missus 72modeler is on my 'six constantly to "Get up to the d--- hobby room and build one of those models on the shelves that have been gathering dust for the past 30 years, fer cryin' out loud!" Or words to that effect.

Mike

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Women! Can't live with 'em....can't live with 'em! I'm fortunate, I guess, as Missus 72modeler is on my 'six constantly to "Get up to the d--- hobby room and build one of those models on the shelves that have been gathering dust for the past 30 years, fer cryin' out loud!" Or words to that effect.

Mike

Sarah-Jane is my sports car but she can be equally as temperamental! I am fortunate in that Mrs Martian likes it when I am in the Martian cave. She claims it is because I must be feeling reasonably well and happy but word is that it is because I'm not making a mess in the rest of the house.

Cynical of Mars 👽

• Haha 4

She claims it is because I must be feeling reasonably well and happy but word is that it is because I'm not making a mess in the rest of the house.

So true, although comments along the lines of ''when you've done playing with your plastic toys you can get on with big-boy stuff, like painting the interior/exterior walls for the umpteenth time this year, breaking out the Mountfield Twin Discharge Mulcher to have at the vast acreage surrounding M. Towers, doing battle with the ever-spreading Cuprocyparis Leylandii or laying carpets/linos/wood flooring.....ad infinitum'' can often be heard wafting noisily through the halls and up into the sanctuary that is the man cave. I point out that we have servants for that kind of malarkey m'dear, she says, she knows...'so get on with it'...the inhumanity!

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Mike

Has your wife been talking to my wife??

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, general melchett said:

So true, although comments along the lines of ''when you've done playing with your plastic toys you can get on with big-boy stuff, like painting the interior/exterior walls for the umpteenth time this year, breaking out the Mountfield Twin Discharge Mulcher to have at the vast acreage surrounding M. Towers, doing battle with the ever-spreading Cuprocyparis Leylandii or laying carpets/linos/wood flooring.....ad infinitum'' can often be heard wafting noisily through the halls and up into the sanctuary that is the man cave. I point out that we have servants for that kind of malarkey m'dear, she says, she knows...'so get on with it'...the inhumanity!

Mrs Martian tried that once with me and was delighted with the fact that I set to with gusto; right up to the point that she realised that I had painted the ball room Extra Dark Sea Grey and Sky! I never got asked again, can't think why?

I also got asked to helped with the garden until I came in one day, very pleased with myself and said I had got rid of a load of weeds in the flower beds. Mrs Martian was pleased as well until she realised that I had hoed her recently planted stocks out of existence.

You get the idea Melchie?

Helpful of Mars 👽

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, general melchett said:

Mrs Martian tried that once with me and was delighted with the fact that I set to with gusto; right up to the point that she realised that I had painted the ball room Extra Dark Sea Grey and Sky! I never got asked again, can't think why?

I also got asked to helped with the garden until I came in one day, very pleased with myself and said I had got rid of a load of weeds in the flower beds. Mrs Martian was pleased as well until she realised that I had hoed her recently planted stocks out of existence.

You get the idea Melchie?

Helpful of Mars 👽

• Haha 1

We have to start this update on a rather sombre note. You will remember how @Terry1954 wanted to know whether I had remembered to fit the safety pins to the bang seats. You will also recall that I mentioned that I could not remember but we could help him help us to find out. Well we did reduce him to 1/48 scale, we did strap him into one of the seats and we did pull the handle. :oops: There was a loud bang and Terry shot up through the cieling. A plasterer has been called and a search party sent out to try and find Terry and the seat. Never mind, he did want to know but what really does matter is that we need the seat back for this build.

083.jpg

084.jpg

While waiting for the search party to report back, I pressed on with finishing the MB Mk3 seats and building the MB Mk2 for the navigator's station. Next up I will be making the control column assemblies and the mechanism that kinks them.

Thanks for looking and should anyone come across a somewhat dishevelled Terry, please return him to @Mike, c/o Britmodeller Headquarters.

Martian 👽

085.jpg

086.jpg

087.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

8 hours ago, general melchett said:

A bit dungy for my taste but Baldrick fair lapped it up, even lined up for seconds... 

I once ate a complete stopwatch. Which meant there were no seconds. Ahem. :coat:

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

Has your wife been talking to my wife??

I'll say Nope !!

usual sentences of modeller's wifey...

I once listened in a contest a wife complaining and saying...

Should he take care of me as he's taking care of his plastic bits....

I must say that this girl was far more explicit in her complaining, but I cannot repeat it here....

It was a bit like a Gun's'n'roses album....

I suppose that you can figure out....

4 hours ago, Martian said:

Sarah-Jane is my sports car but she can be equally as temperamental! I am fortunate in that Mrs Martian likes it when I am in the Martian cave. She claims it is because I must be feeling reasonably well and happy but word is that it is because I'm not making a mess in the rest of the house.

Cynical of Mars 👽

Of course she's temperamental !!!

Guess how I know it ??

No man cave for me now, but making mess in the rest of the house is also in my abilities....

Evil child to the bone....

With all these meteors falling from the skies this month...

Searching Terry will not be easy....

Great "go to Mars directly" seats Dear tentacled one !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 4