Martian And The Canberras From Mars

Lovely work on those legs!!!

Nice to see you back on this project!!!

I've done some work on my PR9 too!!!

This topic is very inspiring and I'll use it as a guideline for the detail on the flaps and other area which should be the same on the PR9.

Ciao

Massimo

• Thanks 1

I'm very happy to see our great Admiral of the Poole galactic fleet back at the Cranberries !!

Delighted to see such a high level of details !!

(and a bit jealous, I admit) 

My order to Alley cat is not yet landed (since August)

I know all that Covid and Brexit matters did'nt help... but...

I'll change my mind for my TT18 because I want to restart it...

Well done Dear tentacled Sempaï !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

I'm very happy to see our great Admiral of the Poole galactic fleet back at the Cranberries !!

Delighted to see such a high level of details !!

(and a bit jealous, I admit) 

My order to Alley cat is not yet landed (since August)

I know all that Covid and Brexit matters did'nt help... but...

I'll change my mind for my TT18 because I want to restart it...

Well done Dear tentacled Sempaï !!

Sincerely.

CC

The Admiral of the Poole Galactic Fleet will be even happier when he remembers where he put those references he so carefully set aside.

Martian 👽

• Sad 3

10 hours ago, Martian said:

The Admiral of the Poole Galactic Fleet will be even happier when he remembers where he put those references he so carefully set aside.

Martian 👽

They will be in the last place you look, of that I am certain.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, DonH said:

They will be in the last place you look, of that I am certain.

Our thanks to the member from Singapore for his sage advice. Never mind, I have to tidy the Martian cave today so hopefully it will turn up. Of course, the minute it does, I will start working on the model and forget all about tidying the cave until the next time I am down to two square inches of space left on the bench. Plus ca change!

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Martian said:

Our thanks to the member from Singapore for his sage advice. Never mind, I have to tidy the Martian cave today so hopefully it will turn up. Of course, the minute it does, I will start working on the model and forget all about tidying the cave until the next time I am down to two square inches of space left on the bench. Plus ca change!

Martian 👽

Plus ça change, plus c'est le même...

I was about to ask you if you Pmed it to me ...

Keep carry on that Martian, I consider it as a proof that things are really improving !!

Very glad CC

• Like 1

Martian found his references and there was great rejoicing. Uncannily, it was, as @DonH predicted, in the last place I looked. Spooky or what? (In best Scooby Do voice) If it wasn't for those pesky kids, I would have found it and had the job done ages ago. I did have to tidy my desk at least as even I have to accept that a 1/48 scale Canberra wing is never going to fit onto the two inch square clear space that remained.

I worked on the retraction mechanism for the main undercarriage and made a couple of jacks from some Albion Alloys tubing. when these were attached to the rest of the kit part, the retraction mechanism did not want to sit in the correct place as indicated  by Airfix. Much head scratching ensued until the penny dropped that Airfix had the mechanism attaching to the wheel bay roof, rather than the wing main spar as in real life. Once I had realised this and modified the kit parts, things dropped into place nicely.

Next I began plumbing the retraction in. I got the starboard wing done but the work was rather fiddly and was beginning to give me a headache so I shall resume work on the pot wing on the morrow.

Thanks for looking.

Martian 👽

146.jpg

147.jpg

148.jpg

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Brandy said:

Outstanding detailing! Nothing more to say!

Apart, of course, from "it's great to see you back on form!"

Ian

He is isn't he Ian?

And stunning the Galaxy again with those amazing hydraulic lines AND the line clips, for instance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brandy said:

Outstanding detailing! Nothing more to say!

Apart, of course, from "it's great to see you back on form!"

Ian

1 hour ago, perdu said:

He is isn't he Ian?

And stunning the Galaxy again with those amazing hydraulic lines AND the line clips, for instance.

Thanks Gents, the plumbing was a real pig to do. Its only representative but it should suffice. I sure as hell ain't doing it again; well apart from the other wing that is!

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Holy hydraulic lines, Batman!!!!

Thanks Robin.

9 hours ago, amos brierley said:

Coming along very nicely.        😉

Cheers Amos.

Martian 👽