Martian And The Canberras From Mars

Omg that cockpit detail is looking amazing.

3 hours ago, Martian said:

I didn't do it, I wasn't there! I get blamed for every strange occurrence around here.

Well the perpetrator ( still don’t know if it’s alien or Human) has a sort of five bladed claw which it uses to shred internal organs. Seeing as how you’re all tentacles you’re probably off the hook.

Edited by Marklo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Mushy pea curry can have the same effect.

You always know when your curry has been too hot when when A, You have to put the bog roll in the fridge and, even worse, B, When you are on the loo, you hear a slurping noise and discover your backside is having to have a drink.:yikes: That will get me in the rattle for sure!

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

A day in the naughty crater on the dark side of the moon!  

I remember seeing a TV ad for Nando's spicy chicken, where the guy got up in the morning & went to the freezer for the loo roll.

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Martian said:

Before I close, thanks are due to Mrs Martian whose photography skills are way better than mine and were called upon when I made a complete hash (twice).

Thanks for looking

Martian 👽

137.jpg

Mrs Martian must indeed be praised on her photography skills of course, which have enabled us to view your deft and somewhat awesome modelling skills (yet again). You certainly seem to be "back in the groove" as far as modelling skills my friend. And that is very heartening!

Terry

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Marklo said:

( can you tell I’m reading Stephen Hawking and Peter Hamilton at the moment, but not at the same time)

To do both might bring about the creation of a quantum singularity or at the very least cause Schrödinger's cat to keel over dead , or not, depending on how you look at it.:oops:

• Haha 2

Delighted to see you back at the Cranberries, Sir Martian. Your skills are still there and veritably oozing from each of your tentacles (except for that one).

I am distressed to hear everyones experience of spicy dishes. Really, if you need frozen bog roll you are doing it wrong. Mrs H has developed a keen interest in Spices recently and I have been very much enjoying the fruits of her labour. Not a piece of tissu de deriere has been used in anger.

The next recipe (worryingly) is Llama curry. Not sure where we will get the curry powder from but I have a good lead on a Llama....

On the topic of real space, dear Martian, can you scratch build a replica of your current craft so we can all see what to look for in the night sky?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, DonH said:

On the topic of real space, dear Martian, can you scratch build a replica of your current craft so we can all see what to look for in the night sky?

I already have the relevant kit in the stash. Squadron used my Haunebu as research when they were designing their kit. There you go, I was always one for the classic spaceship.

Haunebu-II-Squadron-1-72nd-4.png

Martian 👽

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Hi Martin, good to see you back on the Cans, hope you continue to improve...

Mussy pea curry, sounds like the start of National Diarhea Week, starts Monday, until to Friday!!!

Colin

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Martian said:

I already have the relevant kit in the stash. Squadron used my Haunebu as research when they were designing their kit. There you go, I was always one for the classic spaceship.

Haunebu-II-Squadron-1-72nd-4.png

Martian 👽

Nice runaround Martian. Love it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Martian said:

Squadron used my Haunebu as research when they were designing their kit.

Does that mean their kit comes compkete with Fallen Madonna *cough* etc portrait in the cabin?  If so, BM’s lunacy is definitely spreading!

Astonishingly good Canberra cockpitry - and very, very good to have you back.  Take your time.

Crisp

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, heloman1 said:

Hi Martin, good to see you back on the Cans, hope you continue to improve...

Mussy pea curry, sounds like the start of National Diarhea Week, starts Monday, until to Friday!!!

Colin

Thanks Colin but surely you mean National Diarrhoea Week runs from Monday to Friday. :coat:

1 hour ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Does that mean their kit comes compkete with Fallen Madonna *cough* etc portrait in the cabin?  If so, BM’s lunacy is definitely spreading!

Astonishingly good Canberra cockpitry - and very, very good to have you back.  Take your time.

Crisp

Sadly the cheapskates did not include the painting, seems like I will have to add it again.

Martian 👽

• Haha 6

On 1/16/2021 at 11:49 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

A day in the naughty crater on the dark side of the moon!  

I remember seeing a TV ad for Nando's spicy chicken, where the guy got up in the morning & went to the freezer for the loo roll.

Curry, should always be followed by icecream...

• Haha 3

HI Martian - I am in awe of the neatness and details blokes like you and Massimo put into your cockpit scratch building & the rest of the airframe for that matter - keep up the good work

CJP

• 3 weeks later...

I decided to get stuck into the undercarriage today and had anticipated making significant progress, right up to the point that I discovered that the axle for the nose undercarriage was short shot. Following a few well chosen Martian expletives, the rest of the axle was removed and drilled through to accept a length of Albion Alloys brass tubing. When this was set, I glued a larger diameter piece of tubing over the rod on either side of the leg. I am a tad unsure as to how strong the Airfix nose wheel leg is and I might cut it off a suspected weak point and solder a lower section. I have to practise my soldering for the Graf Zeppelin kit Mrs Martian got me for Christmas anyway. I shall sleep on it. I also began tarting up the leg assembly in general.

I decided to take a look at the fit of the engine intakes as well. these are quite a tight fit but even when fettled to fit, it is clear that some filler action looms in my not too distant future.

Thanks for looking.

Martian 👽

141.jpg

142.jpg

143.jpg

• Like 18

Martian, I admire your tenacity and tentacular dexterity.

In comparison, my reaction to short shot gear is to build the plane wheels up. Then find the gear doors don't fit. Then retire to a darkened corner to listen to some soothing music while the kit flies gently onto the SOD.

In comparison, you have produced a masterpiece. But to be fair, you have more tentacles than me.

Happy New Year!

Don

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/02/2021 at 21:45, Navy Bird said:

Epic. Not quite up there with War of The Worlds, but epic nonetheless.    :clap:

Cheers,

Bill

You wait until I whip my trusty tripod out! If that's not an opening for @CedB I don't know what is.

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

I carried on with the main undercarriage legs today and added cable clips to the legs and when set, I carefully threaded some Little Cars detailing wire through them to represent the brake lines. I shall begin adding wiring looms to the bay next.

Thanks for looking.

Martian 👽

144.jpg

145.jpg

• Like 23

• 2 weeks later...

I will be posting some more on this as soon as I can. What I mean is, as soon as a certain plonker of this parish, remembers where he put the Line Guides book and the copies from the manual that he carefully tucked away in it, ready for the next session on this build! :doh:

Plonker of Mars 👽

• Like 2
  • Haha 5