Martian And The Canberras From Mars

1 hour ago, general melchett said:

Hi all, just a quick message to say that Martin called me today to convey his thanks for the concern you've all shown here on BM, it's touched him deeply. He says he's safe at the moment but right now requires time to himself and more than a little R & R. Hopefully, he'll be back to his old ways as soon as is possible...

Andy 

Thanks General, It's great to know that the Great Tenticaled One is doing well and on the mend to a speedy and complete recovery. Its been rather quiet and tame here (CC not withsanding)without the the crusty ,cantankerous and always illuminating tidbits of wit and wisdom from Imperious leader of the 4 rock from the sun. I'm sure when he returns he will have many a tale of Awe, Mystifcation and Derring Do to regale us mere mortals with.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, general melchett said:

Hi all, just a quick message to say that Martin called me today to convey his thanks for the concern you've all shown here on BM, it's touched him deeply. He says he's safe at the moment but right now requires time to himself and more than a little R & R. Hopefully, he'll be back to his old ways as soon as is possible...

Andy 

Thanks Andy !!

Great to share it with us !!

Hope also that everything is good for you too !!

We are waiting for "The Martian Return" Quietly !!

I'm reassured that he get better !!

Thanks again !! And have a blue Chimay on my behalf...

CC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

Thanks General, It's great to know that the Great Tenticaled One is doing well and on the mend to a speedy and complete recovery. Its been rather quiet and tame here (CC not withsanding)without the the crusty ,cantankerous and always illuminating tidbits of wit and wisdom from Imperious leader of the 4 rock from the sun. I'm sure when he returns he will have many a tale of Awe, Mystifcation and Derring Do to regale us mere mortals with.

:rofl2::rofl2:

Quiet CC

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The entire Corps of Space Rangers is glad to hear this news and wishes The Tentacled One a speedy recovery. Our patrols have been rather boring what with his being out of action lately. We miss the excitement!

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing that @general melchett !

I think that's the first time I've seen you post your real name so I can appreciate that our dear Martian is not at all well. May he recover quickly.

If he doesn't, we'll send in the goat!

and CC

and beer!

Ian

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Hi guys, little update, I spoke to Martian today, at length and I'm pleased to say he sounded a whole lot brighter, compared to last week. I thought you'd like to know that things have improved for him recently and he feels he's in a much better place now. He very much appreciates the level of concern and well wishing, means a lot to him......bottom line, I have a strong feeling he'll be back to his old ways in the not too distant future. 

Cheers 

Andy 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 11

Andy thank you for keeping in contact with Martin and double thanks for letting our tame alien know how much we care.

Then telling us.

Martian mate there's always me if you fancy a natter too, bless you mate look after yourself and the two delightful ladies in your life Gill and the dayglo striped TR7.

Keep safe everyone, rough seas ahead for a while huh?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks chaps I know he'll appreciate this and will pass it on. He's had a complete break from everything recently, including online forums, but he'll catch up with it all at some point.  He's slowing getting there, some of his spark has returned, he even threatened to take the Mem and myself for a quick paddle around Poole harbour, (going 'off piste' as he put it) in his old dinghy when restrictions allow. Of course, this could well be a cunning plan, not sure. 

I may make contact myself this weekend.

You should do that Terry...

Thanks again on his behalf.

Andy

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4