Martian And The Canberras From Mars

8 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

Don't forget to bring home a souvenir pilsner commemorating your holiday., or shot glass. you may need to have use of it.:drink:

Shot glass? On the basis of how things are going, a ten gallon beer mug would be more appropriate! Come to think of it, just fill the new swimming pool up with the ale that  @Pete in Lincs is delivering and I will dive straight in!

Martian 👽

PS: Who is doing all the washing up?

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Heather Kay said:

With very good reason. I'm staying in the bunker out of harm's way!

:bandit:

Alternatively, word is that CC's rocket fuel kills 110% of all known germs and a few that are not known of yet! Doubtless CC will send a sterilized and socially distanced Haunebu round to collect and deliver you. Believe me, it's better than him bringing the suspects round to the Kaybunker! He is only halfway into his stint looking after Martian Towers and already I am in wibblesville.

Martian 👽

• Haha 6

13 minutes ago, Brandy said:

Don't worry. The hole in the ceiling caused by the goat should patch over nicely. 

Ian

Mrs Martian says all of you need to be sure to take all the wellies, both used and unused, with you before you leave. She doesn't want to keep finding them for a month of Sundays after we get back; mostly on the grounds that she knows where they have been!

Martian 👽

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, perdu said:

Some of them are very nice wellies, that orange pair particularly remind me of...

Well, the sea and beaches and

I think it's more the use they may have been put to that worries her rather than their appearance.

Martian 👽

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Martian said:

Alternatively, word is that CC's rocket fuel kills 110% of all known germs and a few that are not known of yet!

Do not make this publicly known, lest a certain national leader of a Terran country begins advocating its use as an effective treatment during the current pandemic. Space Rangers already have enough to do without having to quell that rumor!

Edited by Space Ranger
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

Do not make this publicly known, lest a certain national leader of a Terran country begins advocating its use as an effective treatment during the current pandemic.

I suggest he show us how much he cares for us by being the first Guinea pig.

• Haha 6

17 hours ago, Martian said:

PS: Who is doing all the washing up?

Well certainly not me, I'm still struggling to corale the regimental Llama for the group selfi.

Terry

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, Heather Kay said:

With very good reason. I'm staying in the bunker out of harm's way!

Very wise Heather. Wait long enough before you take a peek outside though, then you might see some work on a Canberra. I'm sure I spotted a bit on page 27?

Terry

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, general melchett said:

568 Welsh sheep liked this comment...

I asked Mrs Martian if she could guess who had left this comment and all she said was "MELCHETT!". Strange that.

5 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Very wise Heather. Wait long enough before you take a peek outside though, then you might see some work on a Canberra. I'm sure I spotted a bit on page 27?

Terry

Evil child! You know perfectly well that I am 260 miles from the Martian Cave. Even my tentacles aren't that long! I am however, enjoying myself so much here that I shall be in a mean mood when I have to return home. :fight:

Martian 👽

• Haha 4

Being a concerned and conscientious citizen of the planet, I popped back to Martian towers and have the following to report:

1) Due to an error in scaling the drawing, the diving board for the new swimming pool is actually the size of a coffefe stirrer

2) Went for a dip in the pool (why is the water warm?) and found that my water wings dissolved. Not sure what's in the water.

3) Who knew a Llama could swim...

4) ...upside down

5) No sign of the goat, although there were a couple of guilty looking sheep lurking in the bushes.

6) Found and tidied up a few more wellies. I put them next to what I assume used to be a potting shed.

7) Dug up the cranberry bushes. They are clearly not doing anything.

😎 Guys, I love what you have done with the external paintwork, lovely colours. Masking must have been horrible.

That is all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, DonH said:

(why is the water warm?)

Could be fallout from the potting shed? It was getting on a bit and fusion containment was probably too much for it.

Still, we got the Goat into orbit, and that was the whole point of the exercise, wasn't it?

As for the beer, 6000 litres of Rommels Revenge. It's been tracked down to Cairo. It may be slightly past it's best. Negotiations are in hand.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, DonH said:

Went for a dip in the pool (why is the water warm?) and found that my water wings dissolved. Not sure what's in the water.

Alright. who let @general melchett in for dip?

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

I asked Mrs Martian if she could guess who had left this comment and all she said was "MELCHETT!". Strange that.

She knows me too well...

Alright. who let general melchett in for dip?

Not to cast nasturtiums but it was Baldrick yer 'oner, he thought it was sheep dip.......thankfully he was wearing his wellies but not much else at the time. Fear not, he's been suitably thrashed...

• Haha 7

10 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Still, we got the Goat into orbit, and that was the whole point of the exercise, wasn't it?

So THAT's what that was! Here aboard the Orbit Jet we first thought it was a rogue Ophieucian reconnaissance probe as it jetted past and almost blasted it, until sensors revealed the presence of Martian pool water, at which point we suspected it might be The Goat and let it go by. But you could give us a warning the next time you try that. We're still scanning for your llama.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

32 minutes ago, billn53 said:

Be very careful if you find it:

Yes, they are known throughout the United Worlds of the Solar System as nasty beasts, second only to the wild pterocow of Fornax. And Nicholas Cage has a not much better reputation! But we have a stasis field ready in the event we encounter it (or him).

• Haha 6

See, you go away from BM and get poorly. Happens too often.  Shame. *

Get well soon old chap, we'll miss you. But, as with the Baron, we can (probably) wait.

:sick: 👽

*We did wipe everything down after the party, didn't we?

• Like 1

Never fails, go on holiday and come back with a nasty case of the heptazooties. And no thats not beer. No worries my Friend, take of yourself and get on the mend. In the meantime we shall do our utmost to keep CC from blowing the place up or burning it down whichever comes first. 

• Like 3