Martian And The Canberras From Mars

Naughty corner escape comitee !!! 

If we rent a table at SMW 21 or 23... That will be a right name to display !!!

Nice flaps that Martian !!

Now, I'm thinking about doing the same (more seriously, trying to have at least an half as good result) or signing up for the big chunks of plastic...

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

Well, well. Martian those are definitely worth a tunnel or three to see.  Excellent. 

Thanks Loren, you can stop digging now before we set the Acturan Mega-Dogs loose!

1 hour ago, corsaircorp said:

Naughty corner escape comitee !!! 

If we rent a table at SMW 21 or 23... That will be a right name to display !!!

Nice flaps that Martian !!

Now, I'm thinking about doing the same (more seriously, trying to have at least an half as good result) or signing up for the big chunks of plastic...

Sincerely.

CC

You leave my flaps alone CC! A Martian's flaps are his own private kingdom and @LorenSharp will be defending mine with his life. Oh! you mean the flaps on the model! Silly me!

As to renting a table at SMW 2021, it would probably be cheaper to hang a sign saying "Naughty Corner" round your neck and we could all sit on you. After we have rescued the beer sacks that is.

Seriously though, I think that plastic flaps are a better way to go from a strength point of view as they are welded to the model rather than attached by brittle CA and/or PA as they would be with etched items. As long as very careful attention to measuring and drilling, they are not that hard to make. That said, I will use my set on one of my Canberras, waste not, want not and all that...

Reasonable of Mars 👽

• Like 4

9 hours ago, 72modeler said:

That's Hedley, not Heddy! :giggle:

Mike

Dont let @TheBaron see that. He gets very jealous you know and the next thing Loren knows will be when one of his party frocks disappears and is found in Tony's ever swelling collection of pantomime dame outfits.

Martian the Wise 👽

• Haha 5

53 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

I hope your day afloat wasn't too stressful. 

:shoot::hanging::whip::chair:

Get the gist? 

Martian of the Grinding and Gnashing Teeth 👽

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Ah, the Muppet Marines were out in force eh?

As a stress relief tonic, may I suggest a bit of flappery and something that has the word Malt in it's name.*

*I just had one after a very non stressful day, It should see me through the week.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Ah, the Muppet Marinthings were as bad as they were todayes were out in force eh?

As a stress relief tonic, may I suggest a bit of flappery and something that has the word Malt in it's name.*

*I just had one after a very non stressful day, It should see me through the week.

That's putting it mildly! I think auditions for the Darwin Awards must have been being held. I knew things were going to be bad the moment I saw the weather forecast a ew days ago but didn't think they were as bad as they were today. We came back in semi-darkness following a fiendishly difficult and largely un-necessary rescue. Beer and brandy are now being taken as a restorative.

Exhausted of Mars 👽

• Sad 5

• 2 weeks later...

Many appologies for my absence but I have been overwhelmed by problems with my late Father's estate and MVS work. Consequently, I have not had much time at the bench.

I decided it was time to take a look at the tail planes and sort out that nasty kink in the leading edge. I can live quite happily with some of the kit's failings but not this one.. I began by cutting back the leading edge of the tail plane that is part of the fuselage moulding and glued some laminations of plastic card to the fuselage. I left this for a couple of days to ensure that the glue was well and truly hardened prior to my assault on it with scalple and files. It was then just a matter of sanding things smooth. I say just a matter but in reality the fit of the tail planes to the fuselage is not exactly stellar and a lot of filling with gap filling CA and adding of shims from plastic strip, accompanied by several rather ripe Martian expletives went on before this alien was satisfied. I am now in the process of sanding and polishing the joins smooth.

The tailplanes and elevators in the kit are totally devoid of any surface detail so the main panel lines were scribed in. I was careful here to use my Tamiya scriber as this gave a panel line that is very close to those that are in the kit. I suppose I could have filled all the kit panel lines and rescribed the entire model but life is too short and I am on a roll with this build and want to keep up my momentum. I think the lines will look OK under a few coats of paint anyway.

I have yet to decide whether or not to modify the leading edge of the fin. As it is, it is not really causing me offence. I will probably do it if I do not have to cut into a void but, for the same reasons outlined above, I will leave it as is if I do.

Thanks for looking

Martian 👽

132.jpg

134.jpg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Martian said:

I have yet to decide whether or not to modify the leading edge of the fin. As it is, it is not really causing me offence. I will probably do it if I do not have to cut into a void but, for the same reasons outlined above, I will leave it as is if I do.

Martian, I found the leading edge to be a fairly simple improvement because the plastic is so thick at that point that you don't break through. I also drew the shape on the inside of the plastic, before I got the file out, just to be sure.

Great work so far though.

Pete

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Peter W said:

Martian, I found the leading edge to be a fairly simple improvement because the plastic is so thick at that point that you don't break through. I also drew the shape on the inside of the plastic, before I got the file out, just to be sure.

Great work so far though.

Pete

Thanks Peter, in that case the fin will get the prescribed treatment.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

I'd run for the hills, but I have all this beer to deliver......What to do?...........

@Martian and @general melchett enjoy yourselves, and don't worry about us for a second. We know where your spare keys are. 

Plus, the goat is feeling better now and isn't throwing up quite so often.

• Haha 8

7 hours ago, general melchett said:

Sorry to be a party pooper Martian but I happen to be away on hols with the Mem at the moment so I nominate CC...until Monday at the earliest...good luck everyone and buckle up...

Make sure you lock him back in the Naughty Corner on Monday.

6 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

CC in Charge....... Ministers of Grace Defend us.....--------------------->This way to the Anderson Shelter.

Wibble!

3 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

I'd run for the hills, but I have all this beer to deliver......What to do?...........

Well you could start by delivering those free samples you keep promising to Martian Towers for my return. If CC is going to be in charge, even if only for a few days, I am going to need the mother and father of stiff drinks when I get back.

In slightly less alarming news, I have been working on the bomb bay for the B(I) 8/12. Nothing very different from the T4 so far so I will post some pictures when more progress has been made. One question though. Am I correct in thinking that the B(I) 8/12 could carry a full load of six 1000lb bombs internally as well as one under each wing?

Martian 👽

• Haha 5

Hello Dears...

Hey Martian and @general melchett have a good time away , Rest and recreations !! That's the right way !!

Nice job on the tail martian...

Sooo it is the...

Hey @Pete in Lincs The goat is at your home ??

I'm looking for the welsh sheeps of the previous pages...

Are the the general and the martian on Holls together ??

That's a fine idea...

Sooo I'm in charge :rofl2:

Hold my beer !!

Huh ! No, I'll finish it before...

CC

• Haha 7

Sorry cc, but I lost the parrot.

Since we have to quarantine does that mean we have residence of Martian Towers for at least 2 weeks? I'm sure we can find another in time, just make sure the goat is well protected! 

Ian

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Brandy said:

Sorry cc, but I lost the parrot.

Since we have to quarantine does that mean we have residence of Martian Towers for at least 2 weeks? I'm sure we can find another in time, just make sure the goat is well protected! 

Ian

Of course !! There is some room in here, Then I found the keys of the MVS ships...

Poor parrot, Where is he going... Maybe the beast has in mind to find a pirate ship... That could possibly be quieter than a Bm'ers party...

Don't you worry for the goat, the chilli enthusiast puffin has been quarantined too... 

These hot jallapenos pepper gave him such a hot blood that he has been charged of Covid related act of terrorism....

Jailed for at least 40 days at Dulles airport....

Now I found a couple of luminescent pink floyds out from Chernobyl...

They seem to fit for the job...

More to come soon !!

The backdoor is open, I added 3 fridges for the beers and rocket fuel...

@Space Ranger the flying saucer is gone, so, you can land in the backyard but do not burn the flowers...

@Dunny and @bigbadbadge will surely show up with their favourite pets...

That will great !!

I go to Portsmouth to pick up the rustled sheeps...

Saved from Wales.. :whistle:

We hijacked @Pete in Lincs 's truck, another great gesture !!

See you soon !

CC 

• Haha 6

On 9/13/2020 at 10:07 PM, Martian said:

That's putting it mildly! I think auditions for the Darwin Awards must have been being held. I knew things were going to be bad the moment I saw the weather forecast a ew days ago but didn't think they were as bad as they were today. We came back in semi-darkness following a fiendishly difficult and largely un-necessary rescue. Beer and brandy are now being taken as a restorative.

Exhausted of Mars 👽

What ?? You took our Dear @Brandy as a restorative ???

Being a Martian cannot possibly get you out of charges of Anthropophagy...

Oh you mean the liquid brandy ??? Reassure us please ...

Really worried CC

• Haha 6

Cc if Martian and the General are on holiday together where's Darling did they take him too or is he walking around Melchett towers in his undercrackers while the boss is away?  

Martian, Seriously great work on the Ribs and Flaps and bomb bays .  Sorry but CC invited me and promised lots of beer.  I won't be the one who overdoes it and throws up on your carpets honest.

Chris

• Haha 7

I would like to state for the record that I have not gone on hols with the tentacled one, just couldn’t run the risk. Darling is looking after the stately pile in my absence, someone has to tend the regimental llama and water the servants. If he’s aimlessly wondering around the gaff in his thunderpants then by Odin’s Nordic codpiece, he’ll pay dearly for it...I shall review the tapes on my return.

• Haha 9
  • Sad 1