Martian And The Canberras From Mars

On 04/09/2020 at 12:19, general melchett said:

Don't be disgusting Darling.......seriously though, this is a revealing message to all those who think Belgium isn't an interesting country...

As for the Welshman v sheep debate, I'm staying well out of it. A relative and professional hill worrier Dai-Bach Mylchtt, known locally as 'Mylchy the sheep' of Sir Hereford's Knob (real place) was blissfully married to his beloved Brecknock Hill Cheviot, Myfanwi for over 40 years and won't have a word said against her.......when we pointed out that the average life expectancy of a sheep is only 10-12 years, he looked sheepish and stomped off, muttering that it was a private family matter.

I suspect that A familly history of the Melchett line would be one of the most interesting books of our time. However, I also suspect that it would also become one of the most quickly banned of our time to avoid mass public trauma.

On 04/09/2020 at 16:30, LorenSharp said:

All this talk of sheep and criminals in the family tree make s you all sound like a bunch of Aussies. My self , a Scottish ancestor had the bad judgment to get tossed out of the country for being a rabble rousing Jacobite that decided to follow a effeminate Italian dwarf named after 3 English Sheep dogs. For the life of me can't imagine why  got chucked  out though.🤨

They were lucky, the usual penalty for treason was to be hanged until you were half dead, revived, your bowels removed from you while still living and you body quartered, the four quaters to be publicly displayed at the monarch's pleasure.

On 04/09/2020 at 17:17, Space Ranger said:

The Vermillions are descended from Visigoths and Huguenots, and my immigrant Vermillion ancestor came to the U.S. from Wales, but there is no mention of sheep in the genealogy. McMurtreys in the U.S. are descended from Scots-Irish "Covenanter" Presbyterians. Trouble-makers, all of them!

I think that being Visigoths might be considered by many to have been a bad start!

On 04/09/2020 at 18:00, 72modeler said:

What are all these unbuilt Mach II kits doing piled in  the corner? Oh. the humanity! Please don't make me build one of them- I promise I will change my ways! :giggle:

Mike

Now that is definitely an own goal! I had not considered Mach2 kits as part of the punishment regime. :hmmm:Trouble is that you colonial types would start complaining and quote your constitution that it was a "cruel and unusual" punishment.

Martian 👽

• Haha 8

I suspect that A familly history of the Melchett line would be one of the most interesting books of out time. However, I also suspect that it would become one of the most quickly banned of our time to avoid mass public trauma.

We tried that years ago, it never got published, three proofreaders committed suicide, two editors went tonto and the publishing house passed into receivership before the first volume went to print...might try again next year...  

They were lucky, the usual penalty for treason was to be hanged until you were half dead, revived, your bowels removed from you while still living and you body quartered, the four quaters to be publicly dislyaed at the monarch's pleasure.

You missed the worst bit...being drawn by Baldrick....using a very sharp pencil :shutup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

25 minutes ago, Seahawk said:

Is this a euphemism for something?  If not, it ought to be: waste of a good phrase otherwise.

Doubtless @CedB will be along sooner of later to put us in the picture.

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Seahawk said:

Is this a euphemism for something?  If not, it ought to be: waste of a good phrase otherwise.

Absolutely not !!

He has an old clog nailed over his bed with a bit of straw on it.

And his barn owl was able to roam at will...

That make a kind of wizzard out of him...

I can tell more and more about my ancestors, I still discover things today...

In fact, I might be one of the quieter of the whole band...:whistle:

That will say it all !! :rofl2:

CC

• Haha 4

Just now, NAVY870 said:

I'm concerned that this thread may be unable to progress.

It appears few of the participants have both oars in the water 😈

That is in fact progress for a Martian thread Steve.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, NAVY870 said:

I'm concerned that this thread may be unable to progress.

It appears few of the participants have both oars in the water 😈

Well, some plastic worrying has been taking place.

1 hour ago, TheBaron said:

That is in fact progress for a Martian thread Steve.

Indeed, in just under seven weeks, not only have we covered much of the model in white styrene but had lengthy debates on such weighty matters as sheep rustling/worrying, how many Australians became Australians, the genealogy of many Britmodellers and the recipe for Baldrick's punch. Good value for such a short time methinks.

Polymath of Mars 👽

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, Martian said:

Indeed, in just under seven weeks, not only have we covered much of the model in white styrene but had lengthy debates on such weighty matters as sheep rustling/worrying, how many Australians became Australians, the genealogy of many Britmodellers and the recipe for Baldrick's punch. Good value for such a short time methinks.

Polymath of Mars 👽

That's a truth well told !!

I woncer if @general melchett 's ancestors, or even himself have'nt discovered the way to travel in time...

As I find this...

118692687_181013530282640_2944944492411473267_n

Easy to become a Dux Bellorum with such tools...

Poor orange moving hedges...

CC

• Haha 9

On 9/4/2020 at 1:05 PM, Martian said:

That is unusual, I would contact them as I have never had anything but excellent service from them.

Martian 👽

Look Dear tentacled one,

Last time I ordered from them it took almost 2 months but he was suffering from a bereavement.

I followed your advice, I wrote a message but I did'nt receive any answer...

On his FB page, the last communication was from June.

So I start to worry a bit...

Is he a member here on BM ?

Worried CC

• Sad 1

Well for a @Martian thread this one is positively hopping with plastic wrangling ( hmm maybe not the best metaphor, but anyway) 

Vermillion is also a song by Slipknot ( now that I am honk of it the last concert I went to 2014; was hoping to catch Rammstein on tour but a COVID pretty much sorted that out :( maybe a 2022 tour ?) I think it’s rather good, but might be a bit heavy for the average Britmodeller although there is an acoustic version and a part ii but neither are exactly easy listening. 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marklo said:

Well for a @Martian thread this one is positively hopping with plastic wrangling ( hmm maybe not the best metaphor, but anyway) 

Exactly and there is more on the way momentarily.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

6 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

That's a truth well told !!

I woncer if @general melchett 's ancestors, or even himself have'nt discovered the way to travel in time...

As I find this...

118692687_181013530282640_2944944492411473267_n

Easy to become a Dux Bellorum with such tools...

Poor orange moving hedges...

CC

Hmm, @general melchett as the next Doctor Who. Now there's a scary thought, who knows how he could change the course of history! It was bad enough when Captain Slackbladder and Baldrick went time travelling but a deranged General surfing the space-time continuum doesn't bear thinking about!

Worried, nay, terrified of Mars 👽

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1

As promised a few minutes ago and to pacify a certain Member for Australia, here is what I have been up to today. I decided that, as this is an aircraft we are building, it ought to have some wings of some sort. I looked in the box and, lo and behold there were some wingy looking parts in it.

I began by cementing the parts for the wheel bays in place. Interestingly enough, these parts were quite well detailed and although we will be adding a lot more detail to them, all they needed for now was for a few lightening holes to be drilled in them before they could be glued into the lower wing parts. The wing halves were then glued together.

I then asked myself if I wanted tohave the flaps displayed in the lowered position or not and after a few minutes came to the obvious and predictable conclusion "Don't be silly Martian, of course you do". The Airfix representation of the structure of the rear part of the wings where the flaps hang from is woeful to say the least and this was duly eliminated. I have one set of Eduard etched flaps and may well use it on the TT18 but the sets are quite expensive and I decided to see what I might be able to do with a bit of elbow grease and some plastic card. As you can see, a start has been made on them and I am thinking that what has been done so far doesn't look too shabby. Making the riblets is a bit of a time consuming task so it might be a while before this area of the model is completed to my satisfaction. Watch this space as they say.

Thanks for looking.

Martian 👽

PS:Whatever happened to @NAVY870's Sea Venom build? 1/32 or 1/1 scale, either, or preferably both, will do.

120.jpg

121.jpg

122.jpg

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

Lovely flappage Martian, well bowled...but back to weightier matters,

might be a bit heavy for the average Britmodeller although there is an acoustic version and a part ii but neither are exactly easy listening

Nonsense, I'm partial to a bit of Slipnot and Rammstein as much as the next certifiable senior officer in this man's army, make a note of it Darling.....to chappie in charge of British HQ, High Command...suggest making a concerted effort to attack, take and hold the mosh pit from all sides in a two-pronged attack thereby catching the watchful hun, totally orf guard....a blast of Mein Hurst Brennt and Du Hast would go down a treat about now.

a deranged General surfing the space-time continuum doesn't bear thinking about!

Now there's a thought, I'll pack my overnight bag, wooden toothbrush and petroleum board wax and be with you in a jiffy...

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, NAVY870 said:

It appears few of the participants have both oars in the water

I just stopped by for a paddle. (Oar something).

Lovely flapvoid ribs, Your Alienship. I do wonder if the Doctor* prescribed two sheets of plasticard a day for you.

*Or is it the vet? Are Aliens on the NHS? Ah, of course, Royal Society for the Protection of Aliens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

I just stopped by for a paddle. (Oar something).

Lovely flapvoid ribs, Your Alienship. I do wonder if the Doctor* prescribed two sheets of plasticard a day for you.

*Or is it the vet? Are Aliens on the NHS? Ah, of course, Royal Society for the Protection of Aliens.

Thanks General, I think it was @Navy Bird who had the plastic prescribed. Apparantly he likes white styrene so much that if now forms the principal of his diet.

1 hour ago, TheBaron said:

Sharp Dressed Flaps from the Martian lad there.:clap2:

Thanks Tony.

Martian 👽

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Martian said:

As promised a few minutes ago and to pacify a certain Member for Australia, here is what I have been up to today. I decided that, as this is an aircraft we are building, it ought to have some wings of some sort. I looked in the box and, lo and behold there were some wingy looking parts in it.

I began by cementing the parts for the wheel bays in place. Interestingly enough, these parts were quite well detailed and although we will be adding a lot more detail to them, all they needed for now was for a few lightening holes to be drilled in them before they could be glued into the lower wing parts. The wing halves were then glued together.

I then asked myself if I wanted tohave the flaps displayed in the lowered position or not and after a few minutes came to the obvious and predictable conclusion "Don't be silly Martian, of course you do". The Airfix representation of the structure of the rear part of the wings where the flaps hang from is woeful to say the least and this was duly eliminated. I have one set of Eduard etched flaps and may well use it on the TT18 but the sets are quite expensive and I decided to see what I might be able to do with a bit of elbow grease and some plastic card. As you can see, a start has been made on them and I am thinking that what has been done so far doesn't look too shabby. Making the riblets is a bit of a time consuming task so it might be a while before this area of the model is completed to my satisfaction. Watch this space as they say.

Thanks for looking.

Martian 👽

PS:Whatever happened to @NAVY870's Sea Venom build? 1/32 or 1/1 scale, either, or preferably both, will do.

Ha Dear Alien !!

Great spirited modellers share the same thoughts !!

I'll do the same thing coming from the same conclusions...

But I started to details the wheel wells before gluing it in the wing !!

I use to use the Eduard parts as templates when I have more than one kit to do...

Which is usual with me...

Very good flapperies !!

Well done !!

1 hour ago, general melchett said:

Lovely flappage Martian, well bowled...but back to weightier matters,

Nonsense, I'm partial to a bit of Slipnot and Rammstein as much as the next certifiable senior officer in this man's army, make a note of it Darling.....to chappie in charge of British HQ, High Command...suggest making a concerted effort to attack, take and hold the mosh pit from all sides in a two-pronged attack thereby catching the watchful hun, totally orf guard....a blast of Mein Hurst Brennt and Du Hast would go down a treat about now.

Now there's a thought, I'll pack my overnight bag, wooden toothbrush and petroleum board wax and be with you in a jiffy...

Rammstein mosh pit !!

This time traveller General has really great musical tastes !!

You ought to command this army...

Obviously, not at this battle I presume...:hmmm:

You surely a better commander than Lord Cardigan.... :whistle:

If I can ...

I have some little things to change in the past...

Then a trip for 3 days in the future will be enough for me...

If I can... Of course...

Amused CC

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Marklo said:

Vermillion is also a song by Slipknot ( now that I am honk of it the last concert I went to 2014; was hoping to catch Rammstein on tour but a COVID pretty much sorted that out :( maybe a 2022 tour ?) I think it’s rather good, but might be a bit heavy for the average Britmodeller although there is an acoustic version and a part ii but neither are exactly easy listening. 

Then you listen to Rammstein too !!:yahoo:

We surely have some old blood in common !! :rofl2:

I tried a thread years ago about the music one listen to when modelling...

But it fell a bit short...

The few answer I got were mainly metal....:whistle:

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 2

OK, to be pedantic, this is wonderful ribbage not flappage. The flappages will dangle below the ribbages, much as in real life.

I for one am very impressed with the quality of the ribbagery and can’t wait to see how Martian the Great tackles the flapdanglery.

• Haha 5