Martian And The Canberras From Mars

6 hours ago, TheBaron said:

I have others.

Happy to post! 😁 👍

No you are not! You will get General Melchett over excited for a start and then there is Mrs Martian's blurglecruncheon to think of.

6 hours ago, general melchett said:

Ah, well that's where you're going wrong, you should have donned a fresh pair of thunderpants...by happy coincidence, Darling here has a fluffy pair of loosely fitting underpinnings by Doucet, Premet and Jenny, of Paris, winter collection, 1917, slightly used, one careful owner, low mileage, fully serviced etc...ideal for an unhinged Martian about town.

You are not helping here General!

5 hours ago, 72modeler said:

No mas! Por favor- no mas! :please:

Mike

Now look what you have done Tony!

4 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

As Dr.Smith once said, "Oh the pain, the pain" Those nefarious nabobs of negativism have once reared themselves up from the depths of depravity. God, how I miss the good old days. This is going to be a Loooong build. Further liquid nourishment , or courage, must be acquired before continuing further. 

As a full member of the "Usual Suspects" you are expected to weather these little foibles on the forums. So brace up and be an Earthling that man, lest we court martial you in front of General Melchett and we all remember how well Captain Slackbladder's trial went, don't we. Heaven knows what punishment he would have lined up for you. Just the thought is enough to make your teeth go snow white overnight.

Martian 👽

Martian 

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Martian said:

As a full member of the "Usual Suspects" you are expected to weather these little foibles on the forums. So brace up and be an Earthling that man, lest we court martial you in front of General Melchett and we all remember how well Captain Slackbladder's trial went, don't we. Heaven knows what punishment he would have lined up for you. Just the thought is enough to make your teeth go snow white overnight.

Martian 👽

Martian 

Probably so ,Sir Tenticled One of Mars, but on the bright side it would be cheaper than a dentist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The small matter of detailing the inside of the nose cone on the T4 has been nagging away in the background ever since a certain muppet of this parish decided that it would be a cunning plan to cut the nose off of the model and display it open. Today I decided that it was time to deal with this issue. After some deliberation, I decided on the following plan of action.

I began by marking and very carefully cutting the nose cone into three parts. You can see what I mean here:

113.jpg

Next up I glued three frames to the sections of the nose. This was done by cementing a disc of .20 'thou plastic card, one to each section and then Dremmeling out their centres. It was then a straightforward albeit, lengthy, task to add stringers from .20 x .20 and .10 x .10 'thou plastic strip. This done, it was a simple matter to reassemble the parts of the nose, fill any gaps with CA and sand and polish the exterior until I was happy with the finish.

Thanks for looking

Martian 👽

114.jpg

115.jpg

• Like 19

6 minutes ago, Andwil said:

Oh come on!  I know extra terrestrials have super powers but that’s just taking the p**s.

Amazing work.

AW

Thanks AW. You could try growing some more tentacles. Sheesh, do I have to think of everything around here?

Overworked of Mars 👽

• Haha 3

I am generally happy with the standard human set, but a couple of extra would be “handy” from time to time (such as when attempting to rig a biplane).

Symmetrical  of Earth.

AW

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Martian said:

it was a simple matter to reassemble the parts of the nose, fill any gaps with CA and sand and polish the exterior until I was happy with the finish.

OK Martian- now yer just showing off! Impressive to say the ;east!

Mike

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My first catch up for a while.  My gob is duly smacked; that bomb bay in particular is ridiculously good.

But I’m still scarred by Tony’s Operation Thong Moisture...

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Martian said:

Next up I glued three frames to the sections of the nose. This was done by cementing a disc of .20 'thou plastic card, one to each section and then Dremmeling out their centres. It was then a straightforward albeit, lengthy, task to add stringers from .20 x .20 and .10 x .10 'thou plastic strip. This done, it was a simple matter to reassemble the parts of the nose, fill any gaps with CA and sand and polish the exterior until I was happy with the finish.

Yeeeess!

That works.

👍

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 72modeler said:

OK Martian- now yer just showing off! Impressive to say the ;east!

Mike

Thanks Mike but it really was easy.

4 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

My first catch up for a while.  My gob is duly smacked; that bomb bay in particular is ridiculously good.

But I’m still scarred by Tony’s Operation Thong Moisture...

Thanks Crisp. Word is that "Operation Thong Moisture" has caused more panic than General Melchett's Battle Y Fronts at Telford last year. I'm in no hurry to find out for myself.

3 hours ago, Hamden said:

Superb engineering with the nose cone

Roger

Thanks Roger, just a matter of getting the hinge brackets to line up now.

3 hours ago, Hewy said:

I like it , Most Impressive 

Cheers Hewy.

2 hours ago, perdu said:

Yeeeess!

That works.

👍

Thanks Bill.

30 minutes ago, CJP said:

👍

Thanks CJ.

Martian 👽

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Very nice nose job, I now know how to tackle the grill on the air intake of my Seabee.

50071500311_23894b83d0_c.jpg

Cheers Mark, happy to be of service.

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have to make a confession, I’m not that struck on Canberra’s ( ducks to avoid flung objects etc, I’m not a big beer fan either btw, I’ll drink the odd erdinger or tiger with a meal but, I’m much more a red wine man, ducks again ...) but the modelling techniques are fascinating, as of course is the banter and repartee :) 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Marklo said:

I have to make a confession, I’m not that struck on Canberra’s ( ducks to avoid flung objects etc, I’m not a big beer fan either btw, I’ll drink the odd erdinger or tiger with a meal but, I’m much more a red wine man, ducks again ...) but the modelling techniques are fascinating, as of course is the banter and repartee :) 

That's OK Mark, if people learn something from my threads and have a good laugh into the bargain, then my efforts have been worthwhile.

Martian 👽

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/30/2020 at 10:40 AM, general melchett said:

not unless you have a flattering photo of LeBaron in full costumery...in the right lighting of course... 

That will be infra red then......

• Haha 6

50290634706_21109eb21d_c.jpgHmm maybe not, looks more like some ridiculously fine strip and a lot of cursing or maybe .5mm brass rod filed flat , with the requisite amount of cursing, hmmm.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

That will be infra red then......

I thought the right lighting would be not light at all. This however, would carry the risk of bumping into @The Baron  and Operation Thong Moisture without any warning.

1 hour ago, Marklo said:

50290634706_21109eb21d_c.jpgHmm maybe not, looks more like some ridiculously fine strip and a lot of cursing or maybe .5mm brass rod filed flat , with the requisite amount of cursing, hmmm.

Sorry, I took the cursing involved in my last update was taken as read.

Martian 👽

• Haha 5

Hinges sound boring and I agree. However, they are somewhat essential given that We have decided to open up a lot of the T4. Accordingly much of today has been spent fabricating hinges forthe bomb doors and the nose cone. Extra care was taken over the nose cone hinges as it is crucial that they line up with their counterparts on the forward part of the cockpit and cabin area.

Fittings were also added to the nose cone for the tubes that will come out of the pitot head.

116.jpg

117.jpg

118.jpg

One bit of bling though; I promised pictures of the navigator's position when the fuselage was next opened up. I still have to do the back  of the navigator's IP but there is a small light at the end of the tunnel as far as the internals of the fuselage are concerned. I am tempted to open up some more panels but this will create more issues with balancing the model. Let's hope common sense will prevail here. (Quiet in the cheap seats!)

119.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Martian 👽

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

Ahhhhhh, my eyeballs are being massaged by images of beauty and skill.

To clarify, I mean the model.

Opps, fnaar, I mean the Canberra model.

Sorry, that's still vague. I mean the Canberra plastic model being built by a certain Martian.

• Haha 1