Martian And The Canberras From Mars

39 minutes ago, Martian said:

I think I am going to stick with the kit canopy for this build as it is crystal clear and is good enough  for my purposes and I don't want this build to get too involved, I have to keep in mind that I am building these two kits for a bit of light relief. I may well try one of these canopies on the TT18 build as I wiil be trowing everything bar the kitchen sink at it. Like you, the assorted accessories I have already bought for this project, which will also form part of a long planned display of RAE Llanbedr aircraft, have long since exceeded the cost of the kit. Twas ever thus! Off to check those Hypersonic canopies.

Martian 👽

Hi Martian..possibly this one?

CihTYPQ.jpg

Thats what I'm doing my T.4 as...got to do at least one Rasberry Ripple! I've already made all the decals for her based on the profile and many photos from tinternet....never saw the Model Alliance sheet, but do have their booklet.

Cheers,

Pete M.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Pete M. said:

Hi Martian..possibly this one?

CihTYPQ.jpg

Thats what I'm doing my T.4 as...got to do at least one Rasberry Ripple! I've already made all the decals for her based on the profile and many photos from tinternet....never saw the Model Alliance sheet, but do have their booklet.

Cheers,

Pete M.

It will a TT18, similar to that one but with yellow and black target towing stripes.

Martian 👽

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Very belated birthday wishes to Mrs M. Where on Mars has the time gone? The office is just amazing and the seats are other worldly. Feeling like I need to have one in the stash. Muuuussstttt rrreeesssiiissttt. Simply excellent work Dear alien.

🤩

Johnny

:evil_laugh::evil_laugh:

Too late to resist my dear Spad....

Resistance is futile... 

Go buy a Canberra and join the fray on SMW '21 :cheers:

Amused CC

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Martian said:

It will a TT18, similar to that one but with yellow and black target towing stripes.

Martian 👽

Yellow and black stripes ??? 

Really ??

Here we are again...:evil_laugh:

Far more amused CC

• Haha 2

I mean there are only a few thousand native Irish speakers left but there are three distinct dialects, I ask you.

Well, try Wales, there are 874,700 people speaking Welsh, but they don't all speak the same language, four dialects, where, not content with routinely omitting vowels to produce denture-mangling phrases, they then have five different words for the same thing, only different...the land of my fathers. He bravely tried to teach me the an abridged version of one of these dialects as a nipper but t'was to no avail, I was struggling with the Queen's English at the time so had no chance with this particular brand of sado-masochism. My 98 year old aunt, amazing lady, lives in the hinterlands and speaks three of the dialects as well as perfect English, (well, she was the headmistress of the local grammar school so it was to be expected back then) a dying breed, sadly.

A CC18 with yellow/black stripes sounds a great idea Martian, TT will be pleased...

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Yellow and black stripes ??? 

Really ??

Here we are again...:evil_laugh:

Far more amused CC

You know the drill CC. :chair:

46 minutes ago, general melchett said:

A CC18 with yellow/black stripes sounds a great idea Martian, TT will be pleased...

See above Melchie. He keeps trying to get me to set up an IPMS Taget SIG. Having run the Fleet Air Arm SIG for over eight years, there is no way that even I am going to be so daft as to make that mistake twice.

Martian 👽

• Haha 4

Things had cooled down sufficiently today in the Martian Cave to get a decent session in at the bench.  The first thing to do was to start work on the bang seat for the B(I) 8/12 but there is not much point in posting any pictures of that as it would just be a repeat of the Nav seat that I made for the T4.

Next I punched out a load of .10 'thou plastic card discs tp represent the inspection panels on the roof of the bomb bay. Each disc was embossed from the rear (fnar, fnar) to represent bolts before being glued inro place.

The nexr issue was something I have been dodging for a while and that is replicating the wiring looms that are a feature of the bomb bay. I'm not sure why I had been avoiding the issue as it proved rather simple to construct a loom from fishing line and thin sections of Albion Alloys' tubing. It was time consuming but not difficult.

Anyhow, here are the pictures of today's efforts. No MVS duties for me this weekend so we may get another post in tomorrow. Thanks for looking.

Martian 👽

088.jpg

089.jpg

090.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Peter W said:

Great work Martian, just amazes me how differing a view we both have on modelling for ‘light relief’ though. That would be me stressed to the max, doing all that bomb bay detail 😂

Pete

Thanks Pete, It just happens that I am never happier than when I am sat in the Martian Cave, with the CD player on and sticking little bits of plastic to my models. Getting the basic layout of the T4 did stress me out, even though the actual modelling was pretty straightforward,

In other news, I went into my bedroom today to find that @Terry1954 seems to have been trying to put his little escapade with the ejector seat right:

091.jpg

TERRY WOZ 'ERE!

Martian 👽

• Haha 9

I managed another session at the bench today and began by finishing off the assembly for the dual control columns. I added the prominent brake levers and associated cables from scrap plastic and some Little Cars detailing wire.

092.jpg

093.jpg

Although I was beginning to tire of doing bang seats, I then bit the bullet and finished off the ejector seat for the B(I) 8/12.

I wonder if Terry will be volunteering to test this one out for us?

094.jpg

Martian 👽

• Like 15

5 hours ago, Martian said:

091.jpg

It wasn't me Guv, honest......

Looking at that seat set up in the B(I) 8/12, I'd be honoured to give it a try but alas, the meticulous, rivet counting me, still can't see where the safety pins fit ................. just saying.

Actually, it could be that little white square on the side of the headrest maybe?

Terry

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

It wasn't me Guv, honest......

Looking at that seat set up in the B(I) 8/12, I'd be honoured to give it a try but alas, the meticulous, rivet counting me, still can't see where the safety pins fit ................. just saying.

Actually, it could be that little white square on the side of the headrest maybe?

Terry

I think that's where the pins are stowed when they are removed for flight.

Martian 👽

• Like 2

On 8/15/2020 at 12:39 PM, general melchett said:

...the land of my fathers.

Were your fathers particularly confused, or simply showing solidarity with fellow Celts when they allocated the “Hogmanay” part of your name?  Shouldn’t it have been “Newydd dda” instead?

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Were your fathers particularly confused,

Yes...both of them.

showing solidarity with fellow Celts when they allocated the “Hogmanay” part of your name?  Shouldn’t it have been “Newydd dda” instead?

Yes, it was considered but apparently the additional vowel made all the difference, somehow neater and infinitely more pronounceable.

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Were your fathers particularly confused, or simply showing solidarity with fellow Celts when they allocated the “Hogmanay” part of your name?  Shouldn’t it have been “Newydd dda” instead?

Please try not to get the General even more confused than he is already Crisp. We have enough trouble with him as it is and we can't really afford any more carers to help Lady M out.

Martian 👽

6 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

• Haha 8

3 minutes ago, general melchett said:

Yes...both of them. 

Yes, it was considered but apparently the additional vowel made all the difference, somehow neater and infinitely more pronounceable.

Well done Crisp, now see what you have done! :chair: A period for you at Melchett Towers helping Lady M push the General around in his bath chair 👨‍🦽 and emptying his potty is in order methinks.

Martian 👽

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Teuchter said:

@Ex-FAAWAFU I think you will find the Welsh had a couple of kingdoms in what is now central Scotland, after the Romans left, clearly the General's roots go deep into the dark ages.....

Thanks for that! I am never going to get the image of the General dressed in nothing but a kilt and battle sporan and with his general's cap atop flowing red hair out of my mind!

Traumatised of Mars 👽

• Haha 6

Just now, Martian said:

Thanks for that! I am never going to get the image of the General dressed in nothing but a kilt and battle sporan and with his general's cap atop flowing red hair out of my mind!

Traumatised of Mars 👽

You do realise kilts were discarded in the charge.....

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Teuchter said:

🤮

Evil Child! As a new member, I think it is time you joined the rest of us in having to suffer this:

IMG-3677.jpg

And this:

49063937577-2ac49d7d81-b.jpg

Martian 👽

• Haha 9
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

My dear Martian, please can you remember time zones when you post such things? I was about to head to my bed for some splendid slumber and my eye fell upon the General's pants. I may never sleep again 🥺

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Teuchter said:

Hence the derivation of the Olde English phrase "Balls out!" :giggle: (Ya-know, if somebody could see fit to install an airbrush in the naughty corner, I could get some serious modeling done!)

Mike

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Teuchter said:

Surely all the sheep would have precluded a charge of any sort?

Ian

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, DonH said:

My dear Martian, please can you remember time zones when you post such things? I was about to head to my bed for some splendid slumber and my eye fell upon the General's pants. I may never sleep again 🥺

Those who were at Telford last year have had to live with nightmares ever since so I fail to see why you should be exempt.

7 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Hence the derivation of the Olde English phrase "Balls out!" :giggle: (Ya-know, if somebody could see fit to install an airbrush in the naughty corner, I could get some serious modeling done!)

Mike

It has been looking like we need a larger Naughty Corner for some while now due to the increasing number of long term/permanent residents. We will see what we can do about fitting a brush when the new corner is built. That may be some while though as we are still awaiting planning permission from the Solar System planning authorities.

1 hour ago, AliGauld said:

I've never had a sheep charge me anything so far....

Alistair

Another nightmare vision for us all to endure! 🤮

Martian 👽

• Haha 5