Martian And The Canberras From Mars

2 hours ago, Martian said:

You wicked child! Taking my dose for me isn't going to help me much is it? You will dispatch suitable quantities of said libation to Martian Towers forthwith, lest you be blurglecruncheoned until your gobberwarts fall off. I have had the harbour patrol from hell this afternoon so I am in a mean mood!

Intolerant of Mars 👽

...he usually reserves that level of anger for when he flies Ryanair!

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, perdu said:

I'm up for the booze-up afterwards though natch.

No change there then!

58 minutes ago, 71chally said:

he usually reserves that level of anger for when he flies Ryanair!

I usually avoid that level of anger by strangling the pilot first so that I Don't have to fly Ryanair, simultaneously rendering the rest of the passengers a favour, in that they too do not have to fly Ryanair.

Calmed down (slightly) of Mars 👽

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, perdu said:

Oh that is a pretty flutterby... but I fear for the alien, unseemly desires may drive him to drink oddball stuff in glazen horns provided by accomplices from the Continong, still it is likely to be a while away yet...

Er, can I come along too.

(Not it must be said, on the harbour patrol, thanks.)

Sure you can...

I cannot bring on the horns... But the bottles...

Now, the tribe of usual suspects drinking rocket fuel in horns... in the middle of SMW aisle will be a sight to see...

Oh no !! Another weird idea from my distorted mind...

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

36 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Oh no !! Another weird idea from my distorted mind...

Falls over in complete astonishment! (not)

Martian 👽

• Haha 5

Hi Martin, just found your marathon build thread. Some excellent work in the cockpit and bombay. I think we may suffer fromthe same affliction, mulitulpebuildus, to may projects on the go at once!

Last count on mike aircraft wise, two Merlins, a SA NAvy Lynx, four Wessex, 2x HU 5's, an HAR 2 and the first production Wessex under construction), A Sycamore, an Allouette II, a Puma and that is the 48th stuff. Plus about five 12th scale bikes!!!

Colin

• Like 3

I'm away from here for five minutes and this is what's going on under my very nose...

Now ? who will be the next to hurt his own rear quarters ??

general melchett look like the mandatory candidate, or may be Pete in Lincs...

Let me assure you CC, I have no intention of hurting either mine or anyone else's rear quarters (well, except for Baldrick of course, but then, that's what he's here for)....I can't speak for Pete, but I think he'll be of the same inclination.

Yes but he's from Lincolnshire, The last place in the UK where they believe the Earth to be flat.

You mean it isn't! what Tomfoolery is this, why, my good friend Sir Henry Rawlinson, left us the other day for a trip to Bridlington and a quick paddle in the sea, nothing has been heard since...I assumed he'd simply fallen off the edge. Oddly, he took my car, borrowed 50 quid and had our house keys with him. The interesting thing here is, that, like young Pete, I'm not from Lincolnshire, not many people are, I'm a home-counties jonny, from the proper end of this septic isle (though, in fairness I had the good sense to up and leave some 40 years ago).

I understand it has something to do with some copies of general melchett's memoires of this travels finding their way into school geography classes and ending up as a standard text. Things were not helped by the fact that the book was edited and distributed by Dungball Publications, Baldrick's sideline.

This, of course, is true, it's now required reading apparently. They found their way into the national curriculum via Darling's shell-corporation insider program ' Operation Paperclip'...all very hush-hush, you understand.   

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, heloman1 said:

Hi Martin, just found your marathon build thread. Some excellent work in the cockpit and bombay. I think we may suffer fromthe same affliction, mulitulpebuildus, to may projects on the go at once!

Last count on mike aircraft wise, two Merlins, a SA NAvy Lynx, four Wessex, 2x HU 5's, an HAR 2 and the first production Wessex under construction), A Sycamore, an Allouette II, a Puma and that is the 48th stuff. Plus about five 12th scale bikes!!!

Colin

Hey hey hey Colin !!

Sooo you're a serious challenger ...

Last time that a BM'er tried to take an account of my started kit...

We were around 43...:bandit:

I ceased to take account... Life is too short for any worries about that !!

Don't you worry my dear Alien...

SMW 2021 will be wet enough... Now you know me...:cheers:

If quarantine and your custom colleague did'nt look too much of course !!

Now that's not fair... I sacrify myself with great gallantry in testing some different beverages....:guitar:

But I can understand now, after such a workday in hell harbour...:rambo:

Helping some dumbs who see themselves as admiral Nelson's colleagues....:frantic:

Only to discover that they have to bow down thankfully on their savior from the outer space...

Now, on a less funny way, my mother in law passed away on the 7th of July...

And wifey just learned it today... Even if the relationship was not the best one, it's quite a shock.

So I'll help my wife on these harsh days.

Have a great modelling days.

See you later !!

CC

• Sad 6

4 hours ago, heloman1 said:

Colin

You're not CC's long lost twin are you by any chance?

36 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Hey hey hey Colin !!

Sooo you're a serious challenger ...

Last time that a BM'er tried to take an account of my started kit...

We were around 43...:bandit:

I ceased to take account... Life is too short for any worries about that !!

Don't you worry my dear Alien...

SMW 2021 will be wet enough... Now you know me...:cheers:

If quarantine and your custom colleague did'nt look too much of course !!

Now that's not fair... I sacrify myself with great gallantry in testing some different beverages....:guitar:

But I can understand now, after such a workday in hell harbour...:rambo:

Helping some dumbs who see themselves as admiral Nelson's colleagues....:frantic:

Only to discover that they have to bow down thankfully on their savior from the outer space...

Now, on a less funny way, my mother in law passed away on the 7th of July...

And wifey just learned it today... Even if the relationship was not the best one, it's quite a shock.

So I'll help my wife on these harsh days.

Have a great modelling days.

See you later !!

CC

Sorry to hear about your Mother in Law. I am just beginning to realise that a difficult relationship can make these things harder rather than easier to deal with. All you can do is be there for Mme CC when she is struggling as I am sure you will.

Yes it was tough yesterday. We even had to leave the harbour to assist a paddle boarder who thought it was a good plan to go boarding in the open sea on an ebbing spring tide in very choppy conditions. She was in the process of being swept well out to sea. Fortunately for her she was spotted by a vessel who could not get to her because his draught was too deep to get to her but had the good sense to radio in. Silly Girl!

Martian 👽

Edit: No modelling today as am struggling to recover from yesterday's shenanigans and feel that I have gone twenty rounds with Gorgon the Flatulent, the champion all in wrestler from Vogon 4.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 72modeler said:

I'm (snort) trying my best (snarf) not to (fnarr) laugh, Martian!  (CC made me say that!) :giggle: Seriously, I guess we can say you were hoisted on your own pitot!

Mike

Not sure about that but one thing I have learned since Mrs Martian took over as our head of unit, is that it is a bad, nay really, really bad thing to be a member of the Maritime Volunteer Service and be married to the Head of Unit. I get all the "best" jobs.

4 hours ago, LostCosmonauts said:

I wonder given the existence of Norse records of Eystein Foul-Fart if the Vogons and the Vikings were ever in contact

It could be, those Vikings get everywhere. I even noticed a Melchett the Toilet Plunger in one of the sagas. :toilet: Any relation @general melchett Sir?

Curious of Mars 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It could be, those Vikings get everywhere. I even noticed a Melchett the Toilet Plunger in one of the sagas.  Any relation general melchett Sir?

Now, funny you should say that but yes there was a distant relative who plunged toilets for a living, (usually for coins, lost jewelry or for the hell of it).  He went by the name of Olaf Melchetta the Ever Fragrant, king of the Norse Dunny, a master handler of the berserker bog-brush. Sadly he drowned when his beard got wrapped around his plunger while clearing out a particularly stubborn port-a-potty in the Halls of Valhalla. He went down clad in only his horned helmet, his pillaging sandals and a big silly grin...at least he died doing what he loved best:crying:.   

• Haha 8

On 7/27/2020 at 4:18 PM, Martian said:

Edit: No modelling today as am struggling to recover from yesterday's shenanigans and feel that I have gone twenty rounds with Gorgon the Flatulent, the champion all in wrestler from Vogon 4.

Modelling? I was going to ask the moderators to move this to a chat room 😉

Tim

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Fishbed said:

Modelling? I was going to ask the moderators to move this to a chat room 😉

Tim

If you don't behave Tim, I will get Gill to put you on my crew roster to make up the shortage! :whip: There will be an update either tonight or tomorrow morning (Gill's Birthday today)

Captain Flog 'Em von Martian 👽

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Martian said:

If you don't behave Tim, I will get Gill to put you on my crew roster to make up the shortage! :whip: There will be an update either tonight or tomorrow morning (Gill's Birthday today)

Captain Flog 'Em von Martian 👽

Pass on my birthday congrats.  something to say you have survived another year especially as it 2020!

Tim

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fishbed said:

Pass on my birthday congrats.  something to say you have survived another year especially as it 2020!

Tim

I keep going just to annoy people Tim. Anyway, I had the virus back at the end of February. After a two week battle, it gave up and rejected me.

Martian the Cussed Awkward 👽

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was going to wait until I had got the cockpit and cabin to the same level as the T4 build but Tim the Impatient, aka @Fishbed can't wait (for some strange reason I'm not surprised!), so here us where we are at this evening.

A time consuming bit on the B(I) 8/12 is working out what parts of the fuselage structure will not be covered by the re-orientated radio and navigation gear. In addition to this, I wanted to depart from the kit order of assembly so I can detail and paint the cabin and cockpit more easily and this work has involved a good deal of head scratching and careful modelling to ensure that the fuselage top part will still fit properly. It does. Adding missing details of the layout of the cockpit and cabin area has also added to the work needing to be undertaken.

I still have most of the starboard side fuselage structure to do but am close to getting this build on level playing terms with the T4. When we can get on to some of the finer detail work. I have also replaced the somewhat anemic bomb aimer's couch with a more robust item from scratch. 

I will get some more pictures posted in a few days when I have this stage of the build where I want it to be.

Tim; I had a word with Gill and she says you can sail as ship's Baldrick for the coming weekend along with @perdu who seemed keen to help out as well. Report to the Harbour Master's pontoon at Poole lifting bridge at 11.30H on Saturday and Sunday coming. I'm too good to you two, I really am!

Thanks for looking.

Martian

067.jpg

068.jpg

069.jpg

071.jpg

070.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Hello Dear Martian !

Pass on my best birthday wishes to Mrs Martian !!

A bit late, I'm sorry about that...

Great job on the cranberry... Congrats !!

Look what I found in my backyard this morning....

116103038_1505802539604012_4797024221929463716_n

I then saw this...

72311046_506858910094245_5674580387125264384_n

Is this one of your beer provider ??

If yes, he get spot on... He's stone drunk now

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 10

32 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Dear Martian !

Pass on my best birthday wishes to Mrs Martian !!

A bit late, I'm sorry about that...

Great job on the cranberry... Congrats !!

Look what I found in my backyard this morning....

116103038_1505802539604012_4797024221929463716_n

I then saw this...

72311046_506858910094245_5674580387125264384_n

Is this one of your beer provider ??

If yes, he get spot on... He's stone drunk now

Sincerely.

CC

Sadly our cat has failed abysmally as a beer provider. A Martian cat such as that in your first picture, would not even need to be told to supply the required libations. He would just get on with it. I told Mrs Martian that she would spoil the cat. "Spare the ale and spoil the kitty" I said but would she listen? Oh no! She knew best....Sorry, I'll get off my hobby horse. :hobbyhorse:

Martian the Dry 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, Martian said:

I was going to wait until I had got the cockpit and cabin to the same level as the T4 build but Tim the Impatient, aka @Fishbed can't wait (for some strange reason I'm not surprised!), so here us where we are at this evening.

Tim; I had a word with Gill and she says you can sail as ship's Baldrick for the coming weekend along with @perdu who seemed keen to help out as well. Report to the Harbour Master's pontoon at Poole lifting bridge at 11.30H on Saturday and Sunday coming. I'm too good to you two, I really am!

Thanks for looking.

Martian

Me, Impatient? how dare you sir! Just get on with it.

Thank Gill for me for her kind offer (you could learn a thing or two..........), but I'm not sure there are enough turnips aboard for a true Baldrick.

Tim

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yes, belated felicitations to the mem Martian, hope your bottom's not too sore. Good idea getting Bill down there on the poop with you, he could tinker with the donkey to his heart's content. Perhaps we should all turn up en-masse and show the locals what true naval power looks like, before retiring to your gaff for a pint of Shredded Sporran and one of the Marchioness's homemade plum-duffs.

• Haha 5

On 25/07/2020 at 17:58, Pete in Lincs said:

We deliver to a pub in Hatton Garden, no less. It's only around 470 years old though. Scarcely worth a mention.

...and a very nice pub to boot. Was my office local two office moves ago...

[edit] Nice cockpit too - I almost missed the modelling pictures, I assumed they had been posted in this thread by mistake!

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Fishbed said:

I'm not sure there are enough turnips aboard for a true Baldrick.

Tim

Who said anything about you getting paid?

4 hours ago, general melchett said:

Yes, belated felicitations to the mem Martian, hope your bottom's not too sore. Good idea getting Bill down there on the poop with you, he could tinker with the donkey to his heart's content. Perhaps we should all turn up en-masse and show the locals what true naval power looks like, before retiring to your gaff for a pint of Shredded Sporran and one of the Marchioness's homemade plum-duffs.

Bill will be in the poop, not on it. I'm sure just the sight of us out enmasse would be enough to sweep the seas clean.

3 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

...and a very nice pub to boot. Was my office local two office moves ago...

[edit] Nice cockpit too - I almost missed the modelling pictures, I assumed they had been posted in this thread by mistake!

Regards,

Adrian

Thanks Adrian, I did make a start on getting the layout of the B(I) 8 sorted out a while back and returned to this as I was getting a bit bored with working on the second bomb bay and decided that a change was as good as a rest.

Martian 👽

• Like 3