Martian And The Canberras From Mars

9 minutes ago, 71chally said:

Superb detail work on these Canberra's, the bomb bay roof must have required amazing patience.

Great to see you back, rumours of your planet falling off its axis and flying out of the Solar System obviously very much unfounded!

Thanks Chally, the jig I made for the ribs made the bomb bay surprisingly stress free.

Martian 👽

• Like 2

Fabulous neat work Martian on the internal frameworks   - reminds me of your Grumman Trackers intestines (And I mean that in the nicest way!)

cjp

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, CJP said:

Fabulous neat work Martian on the internal frameworks   - reminds me of your Grumman Trackers intestines (And I mean that in the nicest way!)

cjp

Thanks CJ.

Martian 👽

The Martian is back Hoooray !!

No PC but he did'nt stay inactive !!!

Waoow Great job my Dear ETI !!!

Welcome back in Britmodeloonies !!!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Martian said:

First of all, what's with the Brandy? Have you undergone some sort of change in the last two weeks?

Martian 👽

My last name is Brand, so my friends have called me Brandy for as long as I can remember, certainly since I started school! Nothing untoward involved!

Ian

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Brandy said:

My last name is Brand, so my friends have called me Brandy for as long as I can remember, certainly since I started school! Nothing untoward involved!

Ian

That's a relief Ian !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

The Martian is back Hoooray !!

No PC but he did'nt stay inactive !!!

Waoow Great job my Dear ETI !!!

Welcome back in Britmodeloonies !!!

Sincerely.

CC

Thanks CC, the enforced sanity during my absence did not suit me at all.

2 hours ago, Brandy said:

Ian

A reassuring explanation to say the least!

1 hour ago, corsaircorp said:

That's a relief Ian !!

Too true! I had nightmares all last night of Brandy turning up at Telford in the same sequined ball gown as @general melchett and the subsequent fracas that would undoubtedly ensue.

Relieved of Mars 👽 

• Haha 6

It is fortunate (for us) that the Coronavirus induced plastic strip panic buying didnt get to gentle Dorsetshire.

The cockpit is suitably artistic but the bomb bay takes accolades in multiples.

Lovely work old chum.

Sorry your dispooter let you down, another hint to get a cleverer phone maybe?

Just saying. :wicked:

If I am away from my dispooter, or it breaks it is "all ahead number one" using the blower for pics, text and chatter, normal service doesnt need renewing at all.

• Like 3

@Martian We did miss your presence, but having @general melchett as your mouthpiece at least let us know what was going on.

I’ve never liked Dells. My last Employer used them and I had four or five over the time I was there everyone had something wrong, the best being my third laptop which could be rebooted by squeezing the casing together in a particular spot.

That said I used to work for a different PC manufacturer ( but not in the PC division) and had many PCs if theirs both in work and at home with no issues. When my Daughter started college I persuaded her to go for they brand, the first of which lasted 6 months and the second of which lasted 13 months.

To cut what looks like a long and rambling story short laptop #3 was a Lenovo and it’s going strong a year and a half later.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, perdu said:

It is fortunate (for us) that the Coronavirus induced plastic strip panic buying didnt get to gentle Dorsetshire.

Sadly, it did. I stocked up mahoosively before the lockdown started. 

An I phone is an idea but unfortunately I would be away from BM for a couple of decades trying to learn how to use the thing. Mrs Martian won't even let me near hers anymore.

Glad you like my humble efforts though.

Martian 👽

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Marklo said:

@Martian We did miss your presence, but having @general melchett as your mouthpiece at least let us know what was going on.

I’ve never liked Dells. My last Employer used them and I had four or five over the time I was there everyone had something wrong, the best being my third laptop which could be rebooted by squeezing the casing together in a particular spot.

That said I used to work for a different PC manufacturer ( but not in the PC division) and had many PCs if theirs both in work and at home with no issues. When my Daughter started college I persuaded her to go for they brand, the first of which lasted 6 months and the second of which lasted 13 months.

To cut what looks like a long and rambling story short laptop #3 was a Lenovo and it’s going strong a year and a half later.

I certainly shan't be buying from Dell again or from Curry's/PC World whose customer service was also non-existent. Next time I will be getting an Apple Mac. They are more expensive but seem to last a lot longer. A friend of mine has had hers for nearly fifteen years and my computer engineer's is so old he can no longer get support for it.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

I would NEVER share a ballgown with the General...I've seen his battlepants!

Good lord, when, in the name of Loki's surgical stockings have you ever seen my regimental battlepants? a good general never shares what lurks beneath his ball gown, well, not without written permission from Matron or a noted psycho-analyst...

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, general melchett said:

Good lord, when, in the name of Loki's surgical stockings have you ever seen my regimental battlepants? a good general never shares what lurks beneath his ball gown, well, not without written permission from Matron or a noted psycho-analyst...

Telford!

'Nuff said!

Ian

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, general melchett said:

Fair cop....didn't think anyone had noticed :whistle:

2 hours ago, general melchett said:

Apart for the stampeding masses rushing for the exit!

Its a bit late to stop @corsaircorp. I believe the last chance was on 24th October 2016 and @Mike fluffed it! We now have to content ourselves to judicious use of the Naughty Corner where he recently became it's longest serving resident. There was a vicious rumor circulating that Mme CC was paying someone good money to keep him there. 

Martian 👽

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, Martian said:

Apart for the stampeding masses rushing for the exit!

Its a bit late to stop @corsaircorp. I believe the last chance was on 24th October 2016 and @Mike fluffed it! We now have to content ourselves to judicious use of the Naughty Corner where he recently became it's longest serving resident. There was a vicious rumor circulating that Mme CC was paying someone good money to keep him there. 

Martian 👽

Elementary my Dear Watson !! Or maybe Elephantary...:bandit:

:rofl2::rofl2:

CC

• Haha 2

On 7/9/2020 at 8:01 PM, Martian said:

I began detailing the the cabin of the T4 by adding frames and longerons

Thank ! Thanks to you, I finally understood the design of the Canberra cab))) Everything is very clear!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GROWLER said:

Thank ! Thanks to you, I finally understood the design of the Canberra cab))) Everything is very clear!

No worries, the T4 is a bit different to the others and it was quite some time before I got it clear in my head.

Martian 👽

• Like 2

1 hour ago, corsaircorp said:

Aï Caramba...

Enough of pics for getting me starting my Canberras...

Noooooo !!

CC

More pictures will be on the way soon CC as I have started on the bomb bay for the B(I) 8/12 and will be carrying on with the bay on the T4. Actually what I have decided to do is to use the best of the bays on the T4 as the one I use on the B(I) 8/12 kit will be obscured in part by the bombs and racks.

In other news I have ordered the raspberry ripple edition of this lit and a load of bits to make the Llanbedr target tug. I shan't be starting that one for a bit though as I will be keeping it for a thread dedicated to RAE operations at that base.

Martian 👽

Martian

• Like 2

Goood Martian !!

I'll wait almost quietly and look at the unfolding...

This one will be my Nr 2 Canberra...

69953582_2704091239601981_5975975327665487872_n

Did I hear about a TT Sig ??

I will look for the pod under the wing, may be the TT device ?

I suppose that this is a T4 too...

I say almost quietly !!

Sincerely 

CC

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Goood Martian !!

I'll wait almost quietly and look at the unfolding...

This one will be my Nr 2 Canberra...

69953582_2704091239601981_5975975327665487872_n

Did I hear about a TT Sig ??

I will look for the pod under the wing, may be the TT device ?

I suppose that this is a T4 too...

I say almost quietly !!

Sincerely 

CC

No you did not hear me saying anything about  a Target Towing SIG you evil creature! :chair: I was the IPMS UK Fleet Air Arm SIG leader for just under nine years and the amount of work and time involved was monstrous. I did seriously consider setting up a TT SIG recently but concluded that the only way I could find the time to do so would be to give up my duties with the Maritime Volunteer Service and maybe some of my modelling activities as well and that is not going to happen any time soon. However, should you or anyone else want to set up such a SIG, I would more than happily join it and share any knowledge I have on the subject. I understand that there are precedents for overseas members setting up SIGs.

Thanks for the great Canberra TT18 picture BTW.

Martian 👽

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi Martian,

I'm following very closely these builds as I think you're doing a great job and I fully share your enthousiasm and the approach to these subjects .

I'm actually in the middle of omething similar!

Here below the link.

Looking forward for your next update!!!

• Like 3