Martian And The Canberras From Mars

6 hours ago, general melchett said:

Of course, it goes without saying that we'll take Sarah Jane out for a damn good thrashing, around the leafy lanes of Lincs

Come for a thrash up the A15 and drop in for a cuppa. 🍵 < though this looks more like Martian (Barsoom) Thoat droppings soup.

BTW, Martian usually uses his laptop as a photo background. Perhaps it's simply become camera shy?

• Haha 3

Come for a thrash up the A15 and drop in for a cuppa. 🍵

Funny you should mention that Pete...your name as a likely victim came up in conversation more than once, yesterday, get the kettle on and stock up the fridge.

Edited by general melchett
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, general melchett said:

Funny you should mention that Pete...your name as a likely victim came up in conversation more than once, yesterday, get the kettle on and stock up the fridge.

Sad that it's so far from here...

And then, these BoJo stupid quarantine...

Imagine the poor Sarah Jane feeling the breath of my big yellow van on her rear bumper....

Big yellow van with these now famed bin bag full of bottles !!

Enjoy the ride Gents and have fun !! I'm with you in mind....

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 6

Sad that it's so far from here...

Well, it's a way off yet CC, we'll just have to wait until you're completely seaworthy. 

Imagine the poor Sarah Jane feeling the breath of my big yellow van on her rear bumper....

Oooh-er, I was going to mention that I don't think she'd have much trouble keeping you honest but in gridlockedown UK, you're probably right....

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

Well !! Where are the PC parts of our Martian ???

I'll let a bait on here... He'll be back sooner !!

106927892_3117798701622484_7014524377190759344_o

Look what a great place !! tempted Dear tentacled one ???

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, corsaircorp said:

Well !! Where are the PC parts of our Martian ???

I'll let a bait on here... He'll be back sooner !!

106927892_3117798701622484_7014524377190759344_o

Look what a great place !! tempted Dear tentacled one ???

Sincerely.

CC

Amazing! A tap for each tentacle

• Haha 5

On 26/06/2020 at 22:35, rob Lyttle said:

Yea but the silence was.... deep. 

Like a Martian with a broken computer comms system........ 😶👾

:chair:

On 27/06/2020 at 00:09, corsaircorp said:

Oh my God...

Allo Operator...

Play it as a background music while our favourite alien is fixing his CC.. Oooops his PC...

Patiently we'll wait...

Is that fixed now ??

Patient CC:dog:

:chair: :chair:

On 27/06/2020 at 14:22, general melchett said:

Thanks CC, Martian's a good egg, we often chat about all manner of things, Life, the Universe and Everything, (Everything being mostly unrepeatable, of course).... Actually, we recently discussed him coming up here to stay over at Melchett Towers (House of Healing or Lamentation, take your pick) when things have calmed down a bit, for a spot of R&R and some much needed insanity. Of course, it goes without saying that we'll take Sarah Jane out for a damn good thrashing, around the leafy lanes of Lincs and Notts (the counties, not adult role-play items).........she'll thoroughly enjoy herself :wicked:

We won't go into that here, suffice to say that Martian law is very different from our own and considerably more 'accommodating,' if you get my drift.

Sarah-Jane says she is looking forward to it: sort of.

On 27/06/2020 at 14:26, rob Lyttle said:

"Can ya hear me, Major Tom? - 

... can you hear me Major Tom?? - - - 🔭

:chair::chair: :chair:

On 28/06/2020 at 09:45, corsaircorp said:

Don't be disgusting Darling! Message from Sarah-Jane. She says your van will have to catch her first.

On 08/07/2020 at 13:52, LorenSharp said:

Amazing! A tap for each tentacle

You are a poet Sir, a dreamer of beautiful dreams. (Mr Valentine. The Titfield Thunderbolt)

Thanks to the General for letting people know what has been happening. I was worried that people might think I had been ignoring their comments. I have a lot of sorting out of things to do but I should be able to get some updates up very soon.

Martian 👽

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

The subscription to the last of the above is merely to catch up on the latest views in the gardening column on growing Rhubarb on a budget.

(Or in a growbag. Fairly similar)

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

He is risen! Obviously rumours of his transmogrification were greatly exaggerated by the gutter press. And that letter to the Times. (Ahem).

You have clearly been reading far too much of that King and Country rag that Melchett peddles.

29 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

A signal from Mars!

ForteanHighAngling, or Rubber ?

Do we really have to answer that?

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

Right, if we can be sensible for a minute or two, I shall bring you up to date as to what has been occurring during my enforced absence. It is quite surprising what can be achieved when one has nothing do occupy one's mind other than modelling.

I have been working on both the cabin and the bomb bay of the T4 and given that a lot of progress has been made in both areas, I propose to cover these as separate posts to make things clearer. Similarly, as a start has been made on the B(I) 8/12 kit, I shall be doing separate posts for updates covering this build. All make sense? Good, then I shall begin.

I began detailing the the cabin of the T4 by adding frames and longerons and this was followed by fitting the stringers from 0.10 x 0.20 'thou plastic stock. Fishplates were added at the junctions of the longerons and frames. This done, the next important thing to do was to fit the large beam that supports the ejector seat rails. It was crucial here to get the measurements right and it was very much a case of "measure a dozen times and, all tentacles crossed, drill once".

Next up was to drill out some plastic strip and to cut this to length to represent the ejector seat rails; once again taking great care to ensure that each one was square. When all this was fully cured, I constructed the framework that supports the navigator's desk and fitted half of the desk. On the real aircraft, the desk folds up at an angle and the folding part of the desk will be fitted towards the end of the construction and painting of the cabin interior.

035.jpg

034.jpg

033.jpg

032.jpg

029.jpg

028.jpg

027.jpg

026.jpg

Martian 👽

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

The bomb bay was the next item on the agenda. The detail provided by Airfix is rather anemic so the first thing to do was to remove it. Once this was done, the position of the frames was marked out and a jig was constructed to ensure that I could make exact duplicates of the many frames needed. Once the frames had been fitted, it was time to add the stringers to the roof of the bay.

I then used some channel section plastic strip to construct the bomb beam and added brackets for cables, wiring and pipes. These will be fitted during the next session on the T4, along with some circular access plates that appear on the bomb it will bay roof.

I am aware that this is not the greatest bay that can be made but it will suffice for my purposes.

030.jpg

036.jpg

038.jpg

039.jpg

040.jpg

Martian 👽

• Like 24

If that is a bomb bay that merely "suffices" I'd hate to see one that actually does the job properly!

Welcome back Martian, we haven't done any damage anywhere while you've been gone, honestly!

Well, not much, anyway!

Ian

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/27/2020 at 1:09 AM, corsaircorp said:

Oh my God...

Allo Operator...

Oh CC, Nice memories on that one. Inbetween my former hometown and my first new residence. Without  Internet and everything else. Just the radio through the evening and night. What a time that was. Sweet memory. I don't want to miss that (then).

Cheers

• Like 1

Seeing as how this thread originated with an appeal for information on the Cold War forum, I thought it was about time that we took a look at the Airfix B(I)8/12 kit.

The cockpit and cabin interior was provided by Airfix is pretty weak in both detail and on fit and a great deal of fettling and letting in of plastic stock has been going on in order to get things to fit properly. The main floor and rear bulkhead part on my kit was very badly warped on my kit and needed a lot of gentle and not so gentle bending to restore it's fit. There is still some way to go with this process but at least I am now happy with how the work is going. I still have to sort out some of the navigator's instrument panels but once I have done this fine detailing can commence. I may or not use the Eduard instrument parts I have as I think the painted on detail is so subtle that it will not be seen. The Eduard set does not provide parts for the navigator's instruments, so for the sake of continuity I may well scratch build all the instrumentation. I sometimes think we rely to heavily on aftermarket parts and I for one have got a bit lazy in this respect. I know how to make the parts I want and how I want them so it is about time I gave myself a good kick up the backside, rolled up my sleeves and got on with some good old fashioned modelling.

Thanks for looking

Martian 👽

044.jpg

043.jpg

042.jpg

041.jpg

• Like 16

On 09/07/2020 at 19:39, bbudde said:

Martian, the old Airfix one???? Great work!!

Cheers

Its the 1/48 kit re-issued with a limited edition decal sheet.

On 09/07/2020 at 19:25, Pete in Lincs said:

That all looks rather nice. You should stay away more often. Oh dear, does that sound wrong?

About as wrong as it is possible to get! Its a good job I had you sussed a long time ago!

On 09/07/2020 at 19:29, Brandy said:

If that is a bomb bay that merely "suffices" I'd hate to see one that actually does the job properly!

Welcome back Martian, we haven't done any damage anywhere while you've been gone, honestly!

Well, not much, anyway!

Ian

First of all, what's with the Brandy? Have you undergone some sort of change in the last two weeks?

When I say the work suffices, I could have gone completely overboard but as these are not meant to be show models, they are good enough for what I want. 

As to damage, there is nothing that I did not expect and that a few hours tidying up won't put right.

On 09/07/2020 at 19:31, perdu said:

I could not possibly say...

However 'tis apparent he has not wasted all of his time in lumbo.

I had to do something when there was no Britmodeller.

Martian 👽

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Martian said:

Its the 1/48 kit re-issued with a limited edition decal sheet.

Sorry, Martian for that misread, but that' s the usual way for me and the Canberra.

Cheers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Martian said:
3 hours ago, Martian said:

040.jpg

Martian 👽

035.jpg

034.jpg

Martian 👽

I did a little giggle and then a gasp at some of The best interior work I have seen . What on earth!!! (Sorry) What on Mars!!!! 🦑 definitely playing your A game on this one.  Bravo oh Globulus one.

we are indeed not worthy. 👏

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

I did a little giggle and then a gasp at some of The best interior work I have seen . What on earth!!! (Sorry) What on Mars!!!! 🦑 definitely playing your A game on this one.  Bravo oh Globulus one.

we are indeed not worthy. 👏

Thanks Johnny. I wouldn't say that you aren't worthy; I would give you a part in the Scottish Play anytime. I wonder what role we could give you...:hmmm:

1 hour ago, bbudde said:

Sorry, Martian for that misread, but that' s the usual way for me and the Canberra.

Cheers

Not to worry Benedikt, Mrs Martian says that it is usual for me to muddled about just about everything!

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Superb detail work on these Canberra's, the bomb bay roof must have required amazing patience.

Great to see you back, rumours of your planet falling off its axis and flying out of the Solar System obviously very much unfounded!

Edited by 71chally
  • Haha 4