fantastic work Tony, amazing VF-194 Jet as usual.

Β 

Which pilot did you use? resin? how paint the lightning on helmet? free hand? or use a mask?

Β 

again, congratulations, another beautiful Tomcat to your collectionΒ 

Β 

cheers

• Thanks 1

The quality of your work never ceases to amaze me. That you can produce such intricate detail in 1/72 scale is incredible to me. And I really appreciate that you modeled a Tomcat from a seldom mentioned squadron. I suspect, and may be wrong, the Navy Reserve Tomcat squadrons got more attention than VF-194 and her sister squadron. Keep up the great work. It's a joy to see your builds.

• Thanks 1

Breathtaking work indeed!

I had an opportunity to inspect the GWH box contents once and was totally amazed.

Your build really does justice to the kit, I must say.

Awesome!

:clap2:

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Gremlin said:

Β 

Which pilot did you use? resin? how paint the lightning on helmet? free hand?Β 

Hi mate, they are Quickboost resin pilots in seats as per the intro before the pictures.Β 
Β 

The helmets were hand painted due to the non availability of decals.Β 

It’s a suggestion of the helmet markings, much more simplified. Should be an ace of heartsΒ playing card behind the flash. I tried painting a black rectangle too but couldn’t get it fine enough. So just left it at the flash.Β 

To make it easier I sprayed the helmets with gloss white lacquer to get a tough base coat.Β 
The red flashes were painted with a fine brush and β€˜blue line’ hataka acrylic water basedΒ paint. Took several attempts but was easy to correct as the paint would just wipe off the gloss white, even when dry.Β 
I also then used a pin/bladeΒ to gently scrape and sharpen up the edges and corners of flashesΒ to help define them a bit. Once happy they were then sealed with varnish and helmets given a wash.Β 
Took a while to get 4 good flashes...

Β 

Tony

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That is a fantastic weathering job.Β  Nice and grimy, just like a lo-vis grey F-14 should be.

Β 

Oh, and those pilot figures areΒ excellent.Β  Great job.

• Thanks 1

Another incredible F-14 build, wish i could get mine to come out anything like yours!!! love em, keep em comingΒ πŸ‘

• Thanks 1

Tony..........I hate you!!!! Your Tomcat is in a word......BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I would be elated to have something close to as superb as this one. Β :worthy:

Β 

Mike

Extremely nice 'Cat again Tony! Β  That is some exquisite work in that scale dude. Β :clap2: The only 1/72 model I've ever had a hand in was a Monogram "snap-tite" F-14 from way back when my now 38 year-old son was just a tike. Β It has been hanging suspended from an air conditioning register in my study for the last 30 years! Β  And it goes without sayin' (tho'Β I'm saying it still, lol) that it looks nothing like your beautiful models. Β πŸ˜€

• Thanks 1