Crashed in the corn

This is a great diorama! The 109 looks like it has really hit the ground hard. I can well believe that the crop stalks took an age to put in. 

Thanks for sharing with us. 

Chris. 

34 minutes ago, spruecutter96 said:

This is a great diorama! The 109 looks like it has really hit the ground hard. I can well believe that the crop stalks took an age to put in. 

Thanks for sharing with us. 

Chris. 

Thanks mate. 450 holes drilled and stalks planted. Zzzz

21 minutes ago, Tony Oliver said:

Nice job mate. 

Would the ground underneath/behind it not be ploughed or churned up a bit from where it slid along?

Fair enough there are some flattened stalks behind it but would it not do more damage? 

Agree with you. I had made the earth behind it much more ploughed. 5mm deep with lumps of soil pushed to the sides. But in the process of adding the wheat and leaf litter, the hole slowly filled in. At the end I made a wash of PVA glue and to fix everything down. Unfortunately this carried a lot of debris into the trench and I'm kinda stuffed.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Graeme H said:

Outstanding job, looks so real.

What kit?

Thank you so much. Appreciated. IWM Duxford's amazing museum has a real crashed 109 in their Battle of Britain hanger. Complete with corn field. That's the inspiration. 

The kit was Airfix with aftermarket cockpit details. The base scratch built.

Edited by Suprastar3000

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Nice build, your field looks fantastic 

Thanks mate. Appreciate.

wasn't until I had posted these pictures did I notice the tail wheel had gone missing.

Must have dropped off somewhere and gone to the tiny plastic parts graveyard in the carpet. Luckily I had a spare in my box. 

• Like 1

On 28/06/2020 at 19:43, Suprastar3000 said:

Erm. Lol,... two ways I can take that comment. Hopefully I can take it as compliment. 😉

Of course it is compliment! It all looks fantastic. Sorry if you even for a moment thought otherwise. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Svedberg said:

Of course it is compliment! It all looks fantastic. Sorry if you even for a moment thought otherwise. 

LOL. I was joking mate. Thank you. Appreciated 😉

3 minutes ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

That’s a real beauty! 

Cheers Steve. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...