Another Matchbox Hunter T7

Another Matchbox Hunter completed today....last one for a while as I need a break from filling and sanding! 

Built OOB with just the addition of tape seatbelts, some brass rod for the pitot tube and a plasticard aerial. Represents a machine from No. 4 FTS at RAF Valley mid 1970s.

Paints were a mix of Tamiya and Gunze, decals from Airfile, and final Varnish from Vallejo. 

Not the best but hope you like. Thanks for looking. Comments much appreciated. 👍

IMG_20200618_181916

IMG_20200618_182017

IMG_20200618_182138

IMG_20200618_182048

IMG_20200618_181815

IMG_20200618_182115

IMG_20200618_181736

• Like 33
  • Thanks 3

You claim it's not your best but I can assure you I'd have no qualms at all having it in my collection. I think it's beautiful!

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Lord Riot said:

That's a stunner! Really stands out in training colours, can't have been easy getting those demarcation lines so neat either.

Thanks very much. It was not as easy as I'd hoped to be honest as I had quite a bit of paint bleed under the tape for some reason so had to do multiple touch ups... and trying to get white to cover red (or anything) is a right pain! I must choose a simpler colour next time 😁

• Like 1

That's stunning and your paint finish is flawless. 

You've done a superb job with the old Matchbox kit and it just goes to show what can be achieved with these old kits. 

In it's beautiful red, white and light aircraft grey scheme, this T7 certainly stands out. 

• Thanks 1

Superb! Hard to believe that’s the Matchbox kit! I tried to finish my Airfix F.6 in this scheme but the masking defeated me and it’s now in the standard camouflage, so well done for getting it to look so good! I love the rest of your Hunter collection too! 

Chris

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, airbus320 said:

Superb! Hard to believe that’s the Matchbox kit! I tried to finish my Airfix F.6 in this scheme but the masking defeated me and it’s now in the standard camouflage, so well done for getting it to look so good! I love the rest of your Hunter collection too! 

Chris

I nearly put this one in the bin a few times after the paint botches... so it might have joined the camouflage ranks too! 😁

That's an excellent result from that old kit. Sure, it has it's issues however you'd hardly notice these under that very clean and crisp paint job. Nice Hunter collection! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

What a lovely build! And even better collection. You have shown how even kits seen as ‘basic’ can produce stunning results! 

• Thanks 1