Tamiya 1/48 Bf-109E-4

Hey all,

Here's my Emil from Tamiya. It's an essentially out of the box build with additions of an Eduard Seatbelt and a decal set from Techmod.

The aircraft's painted with a mix of Mr. Hobby Acrylic and Xtracolour Enamel. The finished aircraft represents White 13 flown by Walter Oesau, one of the leading aces during the Battle of Britain.

I found the Techmod decals quite impressive, very thin and nicely detailed whilst being in register, the white was slightly translucent however but this was mainly masked by weathering with oils later on. They also responded well to Ultimate's new range of decal setting solutions, which I also found equally impressive. 

As per the usual standard of Tamiya it's an elegantly simple build with very little or no compromise on detail, as a result I decided not to use Eduard's photoetch instrument panel and instead painted the kits one up instead because it does have some great detail! Though my eyesight hasn't been the same since... :hypnotised:

SAM2.jpg

SAM4.jpg

SAM5.jpg

SAM7.jpg

SAM8.jpg

SAM9.jpg

SAM11.jpg

SAM1.jpg

Thanks for looking guys!

Sam

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Masterfully done. Engine exhaust is spot on and the weathering is very appropriate, not too much nor too little. Like the cockpit a lot! Photographed in the right setting, that would be taken for a real airplane with no problem at all!

• Like 1

On one hand, that's fantastic - it looks amazing, and as mentioned above, the weathering looks just right, not too little or too much.  I love the cockpit, the camo... Everything.

On the other hand, well, mine should be ready soon, and I can tell right away it'll be a poor relation to yours!

• Like 1