1/72nd Valom Vickers Valetta C.1 ***FINISHED****

2 hours ago, Colin @ Freightdog Models said:

Lovely job Tony, very nicely done!

Colin 

Thanks Colin,...... we need some decals now mate,....... especially `Crazy Horse'!! 

1 hour ago, 71chally said:

Yep, your Valetta has turned brilliantly Tony!  Great info and step by step guide on the way aswel.  I hadn't realised that about the cheatline colours neither.

Quite chunky next to a Dak.

Excellent result!

Cheers Chally and thanks for your support along the way,...... yeah the cheatlines are an interesting touch,..... unfortunately they dropped them soon afterwards and went with standard Transport Command blue.

1 hour ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Outstanding freakin' job, Tony!  Very sharp, and I especially like the C-47 nose-to-nose comparison.

Thanks ever so much and again cheers for the support along the way.

1 hour ago, perdu said:

Absolutely stunning Tony, have a delighted WOW

I fully agree with you all here by the sound of it, the Forces don't have to go 'to the dogs' the Dogs have been dragged to them :(

What a world we have allowed to be built on our watch huh. :(

Thanks Perdu and I totally agree mate,........ on our watch too,...... we have to do better. 

57 minutes ago, woody37 said:

It looks superb mate, great to see how it builds up. Love the phot next to the Dak too :)

Cheers Neil, it was nice to build a kit of an aircraft I`ve always wanted to build. 

18 minutes ago, kev67 said:

That is one fine looking Valetta Tony, just shows the size of it and very comparable if not wider than the Dakota

Thanks Kev, yeah much wider than a Dakota,........ I might find a Wellington and compare that with the Valetta,..... a family photo!

Cheers everybody,

Tony 

15 hours ago, tonyot said:

Right then,..... I`m calling the model,....... FINISISHED!!!

I was asked ages ago to take a photo of the finished model alongside a Dakota for comparison,......so here we are;

DSCF8348-NEW.jpgDSCF8349-NEW.jpg

DSCF8350-NEW.jpg

DSCF8353-NEW.jpg

DSCF8355-NEW.jpgDSCF8380-NEW.jpg

DSCF8377-NEW.jpg

DSCF8370-NEW.jpg

Thanks for all the encouragement folks,

Cheers

Tony

Excellent model mate! Tempted to buy it just because of its link to Malta and the RAF Malta markings. But i already have to many in the stash so id rather not for now...

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, heloman1 said:

Just found your build thread Tony, excellent result. I do like the yellow anti glare nose and cheat line. Congratulations.

Colin

Thanks Colin,...... glad you like it mate,

Cheers

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

Brilliant job on that Valetta, Tony! I've just this week received my kit and I've already done some cutting off of parts and cleaning up of same. It's actually a rather nice kit, from what I've seen of it. I really would love for Mr. Lomitzki to do the Hastings. I'm thinking about buying a Twin Pioneer for a late 1950's Aden diorama that I'm starting to think about.

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
  • Like 2

Hi Tony.

What an excellent piece of modelling, you can be very proud of what you have achieved.  Sadly, due to health issues I have had to put my build on hold, but I hope to get back to it sometime in the future, when I do I will have your build to follow.  Thank you.   Robin.

• Sad 1

• 1 year later...

Absolute stunner, both two...

I did'nt figured that the valetta was almost as big as a Dakota.

Excellent job Tony...

I'm late on this one but IRL has been tough since the end of July... 

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1

On 8/12/2020 at 8:00 PM, Learstang said:

Brilliant job on that Valetta, Tony! I've just this week received my kit and I've already done some cutting off of parts and cleaning up of same. It's actually a rather nice kit, from what I've seen of it. I really would love for Mr. Lomitzki to do the Hastings. I'm thinking about buying a Twin Pioneer for a late 1950's Aden diorama that I'm starting to think about.

Regards,

Jason

Thanks Jason,..... sorry for the late reply,.... jut come cross the new comments! I totally agree about the Hastings,..... and I hope you are well on the way with your Valetta and Twin Pin by ow?

On 8/12/2020 at 9:23 PM, Martian said:

Dog's danglies Tony, dog's danglies!

Martian 👽

LOL,.... cheers mate,.... much appreciated!

On 8/13/2020 at 3:18 PM, Robin said:

Hi Tony.

What an excellent piece of modelling, you can be very proud of what you have achieved.  Sadly, due to health issues I have had to put my build on hold, but I hope to get back to it sometime in the future, when I do I will have your build to follow.  Thank you.   Robin.

Thanks Robin and I hope that you are feeling a bit better by now? Sorry for the late reply. 

5 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Absolute stunner, both two...

I did'nt figured that the valetta was almost as big as a Dakota.

Excellent job Tony...

I'm late on this one but IRL has been tough since the end of July... 

Sincerely.

CC

Cheers CC,..... Yeah it is a big old thing, which is why I added the Dakota for comparison. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1