Gulf War GB Chat

WOW, it's been thirty years!! Man, I haven't thought about it since the summer of 1989, when I was a young lad and all about the "freedom" that was supposedly the reason for all this mayhem. Of course, the real reason was and still is the control of the oil wells, but, that's another story/perspective of history.

The perspective of history we want to cover in this group build I believe it is more interesting. I have a few kits that I would like to build with markings of that historical era and of course apply some very interesting WEATHERING but, I already have a "pile" of half-build kits so, maybe, I'll find one from those that I have already started and make it into a "Golf War" build!!

Good luck with your builds lads and I look forward to see and enjoy all of them!!!

Cheers,

Bill

Edited by Shalako
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think there was a FineScaleModeller issue (September 1991?) that had an article with all the paint schemes that were used by various nationalities aircrafts during the war. I hope my memory serves me right.

Edited by Shalako

• 3 weeks later...

That extension is great news!

And in the grand scheme of things in 30 years not too relevant ;)

But very helpful now!

Thanks!

No excuses for my F1EDA.... :D

• Like 1

On 5/2/2021 at 5:48 PM, Jabba said:

Just to let everyone know that a 2 week extension has been granted by our Lord Enzo. Hopefully he will update the date at the top of the thread.

Cool!

I was pretty confident that I could finish the 1/144 Victor by sunday, but for the 1/72 Tornado it probably wasn't going to happen.

The 1/48 F-16A has a couple of problems of its own, but at least it looks like an F-16 already.

Cheers, Stefan.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to thank all that participated in this GB and say well done to those who got something finished, even if it was to late to get into the gallery. I would also like to thank Enzo for making this GB possible.

• Like 4