7 minutes ago, Stephen said:

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/QAB480175?result-token=87rhw  This is for the F-16 but both the F-16 and A-10 use the same ACES II seat.

F-16 seats are further reclined, and may have issues w/ fitment due to bulkhead angle.  An F-15 seat is close, but some of the handles are in different locations.  Most wouldn't know the difference there though.  Legend does some resin A-10 seats, though they weren't the greatest of quality.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oooh I'm up for this - always nice to build some British armour (wifey getting worried by the number of Panzers taking over :) )

I've also got a Tornado kit that I was meaning to do in the GB but haven't got around to, so a 2nd chance to get it done started would be good.

• Like 1

I'm in for this if I may, French (Op. Daguet) SEPECAT Jaguar. Thanks!

• Like 2

It is going to have to be a pink Tornado I think...

• Like 1

oh dear, I just realised I put my hand up for this (was checking the Holy Spreadsheet)......I really have to learn some proper self-control ......... someday!

I was going with the idea of a F-14A, again part of my VF-31 SIG build, but there's also the F-14 STGB later.......so I may leave one of them for that (have A & D models).

So what to build now....I'll soon have a M551 and M1A2 SEP in my hot sticky hands (but dam the Abrams is the later model.....does this mean I have to buy a M1A1 as well? :D)......

........guess I could go with an A-10......or maybe an Apache chopper to satisfy my current chopper addiction..........or I could just build the F-14 as planned....... or maybe I should think of something else........or maybe.......  :frantic:

Dam you Enzo for coming up with good ideas!!!!  :rant:   ......and me for having no willpower! :D

• Haha 1
On 11/6/2020 at 10:18 PM, trickyrich said:

Dam you Enzo for coming up with good ideas!!!!  :rant:   ......and me for having no willpower! :D

What good is willpower if not for breaking?  :shrug:

• 2 weeks later...

I need some inspiration.

I am looking at the list of aircraft participating in the conflict and find to my horror none which I want or can build ATM.

My preference would be:

- A OV-1 Mohawk (but I lack the IsraDecals to convert the verenable Hasegawa OV-1B kit into a OV-1D)

- A F_4G Wild Weasel (but I don't see any kits available in my vicinity ATM) 

- A OV-10D+ (also an availability issue of kits - also I#d rather build the 10G version)

- AN EKA-3B Skywarrior (Found a kit on ebay - outprices even the Hasegawa F-111)

- An AV-8B Harrier II (as above, particularly if one is aiming for one of the Hasegawa kits)

Most of the other aircraft I have in the stash are either earmarked for another scheme/loadout, have been out of service in 1991 , or not in service yet, or had the "wrong" scheme in during the shenanigans in the desert (like the Apaches or Thunderboldts)

Currently the most likely entries are - either a Mirage 2000C or a SEPECAT Jaguar or a F/A-18C.