1/72 Supermarine S.6B Racer - Decal Help!

Greetings!

Just purchased a factory sealed shrink wrap kit from Eastern Express (No. 72257) of the Supermarine S-6B racer and was surprised to discover the decals missing!  I have requested a replacement from Eastern Express, but so far no response.   Any suggestions on how to obtain decals for this kit????

Many Thanks,

Bill

Here is an image of the decal that should have been included in my kit -

spacer.png

Having a kit decal sheet would be the best solution.  In the absence of a kit decal,  I can scan and print this image on my inkjet printer.  Others have recommended painting the rudder and using some black numbers and white stripes from the spares bin as a substitute which will work, but the black numbers would not have the white outline as seen in the kit decal.  Still no response from Eastern Express.  Any other suggestions?

Bill

The black numbers will be the normal size as used by all RAF.

Fantasy Printshop does a sheet of WW1 letters & numbers, in white, black and black with optional white surround. The letters and numbers are the same style as later

https://www.fantasyprintshop.co.uk/shop/pegasus-72-005-rfc-rnas-serials-ww1/

• Like 2

You could print two decal sets, one in clear decal and another on white stock, but will have to trim some of the images to the line, which requires a steady hand. Inkjet will require a varnish coat, so the decals will be a tad thicker than normal.

I would just buy another kit to use the decals, they go for what I can see for about $10, less than the price of decal set.

I too have sinned with this kit long ago:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1784/43180728141_2bbf630d67_c.jpg&key=6bab2de8488c5d8e6755514b266a2143110d85d54f1d9572363afa5addbabc4d

• Like 1

Good advice everyone!  I will search out another kit or perhaps find a decal sheet.  In the meantime, the build will remain on hold.  Most everything is done except for rudder, balance horns, and canopy frames.   Drilled out engine exhaust ports, corrected position of rear flotation struts, and replaced both horizontal struts between the floats.  Prepared a simple water display mounted on wood base.   Many thanks to everyone for having a look and commenting.  Questions and comments always welcome.

Cheers,

Bill

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 9

An alternative to buying a full sheet of numbers, especially if you do not intend building many WW1 types. or printing them, is to ask in the 'Wants' section for a set of numbers.

Many thanks for the kind comments and helpful advice!   Once the decal issue is resolved, the rest should come together very quickly.

4 hours ago, TallBlondJohn said:

One small correction you can still make - the bracing 'wires' should be silver - they are aerofoil struts and were painted. Nice build!

I completely missed this and will go back and paint the silk thread I used - will paint cause the silk thread to sag?

Bill