cold war helos' nostalgia : will we ever see a 32sc Gazelle and or Alouette III?

cold war european light but fightinful and veteran helos' nostalgia :  will we ever see a 32sc Gazelle and or Alouette III injection mould (don't talk to me of resin,thnx in ad :) )?

rank this in a scale of 0 to 100, new boxes in 32sc of these 2 helos wich probability have to arrive in the next 5 years ? (i ask for only 32 sc as seen in 48 and 72 there are already altough ancient boxes)

Edited by Davide Calzolari

I'd buy a 1/32 IM Alouette and maybe a Gazelle. It's the kind of kit Revell Germany might have done and might still do in the future. 

I'd really like to see a 1/32 Sea King.

Tony 

• Like 3

Probability on a 0-100 scale ? Maybe 5, maybe...

While both have been important and succesful designs, none has ever been particularly popular, witness the small number of kits in any scale of these helicopters. Issuing a 1/32 kit hoping to get good sales in return would be a very risky move for a mainstream manufacturer.

Of course there's always the possibility that some new company using small volume production method may appear with some helicopter enthusiast at the reins, but in this case resin or 3D printing would be the more likely medium

i supposed to go  for a scale of 10,not 100 :D being affectionately  polemical i'd say that have  been created in nig scale even rara avis/rare birds as spiteful,and similar,that have had a smaller spread /diffusion  as real thing-without forget the revell catalogue tha tin 32sc has even strange stuff as Lama, or Lakota,or Bk-117, similar-great choice matchbox early 80s' when have done the Puma,real rare jewel

Edited by Davide Calzolari
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, tony.t said:

I'd buy a 1/32 IM Alouette and maybe a Gazelle. It's the kind of kit Revell Germany might have done and might still do in the future. 

I'd really like to see a 1/32 Sea King.

Tony 

absolutely,ive had same feeling- sea kign in 32sc  probably more suitable for trumpeter,the other 2 match perfectly with the revell history and catalogue

The really tiny Heller AlouIII still floats around every now and then. But it's a bit of a niche for real aficionados of that type.

Or Grasshopper fans.

y4mMmDesXslT-pNl57bxPkzWbjOxOGZxhsk08ajD

found a 1/48 resin by Scaleworx, and that retailed at 100+ €, not something you do on a whim.

I'd really like to see a 1/32 Alouette III - I have the wee Heller kit from long ago.  A kit I'd REALLY like would be  a 1/32 - or any large scale - Scout and Wasp.

Sadly I think you are right; a bit of a niche market. 

• Like 1

"1st Law of Modelling", as soon as you convert/scratch-build a helicopter in the preferred scale; 3 to 4 model companies will offer good to excellent kits of the aircraft that you just made.

On 6/17/2020 at 2:29 PM, Davide Calzolari said:

cold war european light but fightinful and veteran helos' nostalgia :  will we ever see a 32sc Gazelle and or Alouette III injection mould (don't talk to me of resin,thnx in ad :) )?

rank this in a scale of 0 to 100, new boxes in 32sc of these 2 helos wich probability have to arrive in the next 5 years ? (i ask for only 32 sc as seen in 48 and 72 there are already altough ancient boxes)

I can't see it happening myself - there just isn't the demand for large scale helicopters. The Trumpeter Chinook is (I think) the newest injection kit, and for a model company that is a much more appealing subject than the Gazelle, let alone the Alouette. 

I agree that a big Sea King would be amazing - so many variants and colour schemes to choose from. But I'm not holding my breath! 

Quite right, breathe right!

As a confirmed, committed rotary lover I'd say our chances are slightly less promising than the UPS man's hope that your parcel will be OK in your wheelie bin.

Not that I'd be able to work in big scale but would be nice to see some of the wonders that might come from there.

• Haha 1