Many many Spitfires

Is there ever such thing as too many Spitfires? I took these pictures the other day for my modelling Instagram page and that post kind of blew up and is now one of my top posts..... Since people there seemed to like this collection I thought I'd post it on here as well.

These models range from the very first one I did with an airbrush (DW•K) to some of my most recent builds (1/48 MkXIV, Eduard one in grey and the early Mk1- k9795- with the yellow edged roundels) earlier builds have pretty horrendous colours and weathering.

54c7f211f08749fc1a0e1df991f3c1d3.jpg

cb5a98c6e35ca23f11229792ee6f2bcd.jpg

fa7ccf5eaa2702cfc118f92fad87080f.jpg

4dea9a5a88166ccb7bc56b15a21d5474.jpg

4400471e27f9299fe5055b4bc37e122b.jpg

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

Hi, this is an impressive line-up!

And they all look rather scrumptious. Congrats!

Plus how thoughtful to keep them warm on top of the radiator...

Well done, and do not stop there!

JR

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jean said:

Hi, this is an impressive line-up!

And they all look rather scrumptious. Congrats!

Plus how thoughtful to keep them warm on top of the radiator...

Well done, and do not stop there!

JR

Thank you :)

The radiator is firmly off for the time being as this room is far too hot without it, and they were only there for the photos. 

Definitely going to need more spitfires soon... The upcoming Eduard 1/48 Mk1 has some rather nice schemes including one of my favourite variants, the very early Mk1 with the two bladed prop (one scheme is K9795 which I have already done in 1/72) 

• Like 2

Very nice collection! Great variety of schemes and versions, and they all look lovely and well built individually.

If it makes you feel better, you have just shy of half as many Spitfires as I have Bf 109s, so no, that's not too many Spitfires 😉

• Like 1

I enjoy seeing other people's collections, whether the diverse airplanes used by an Air National Guard unit or the variety of Spitfire variants there are. Keep up the great work. An already impressive collection will grow to be all the more so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vlad said:

Very nice collection! Great variety of schemes and versions, and they all look lovely and well built individually.

If it makes you feel better, you have just shy of half as many Spitfires as I have Bf 109s, so no, that's not too many Spitfires 😉

87c2b91777a3ec8ea9f7c0bfdcec63db.jpg

I have Bf109s too! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Only ten Adam????  Of course one can NEVER have enough Spitfires and your ten look superb together.  It`s a very nice collection that you have.  :D

No such thing as too many Spitfires, and your collection looks great, mine is growing nicely, in my display cabinet I now have 8 and 1 Seafire (all 1/32) though I will soon be starting another a PCM Mk. IX.

Cheers

Dennis

Very good, it reminds me of my childhood, when I had a large number of models onto of my chest of drawers and a cabinet. I would get home from school and my mum would utter those dreaded words "I have been dusting in your bedroom".

A couple of days later spinners would be back on as would aerials and undercarraige!

• Like 1

Just now, Aces High said:

Awesome! I've got this dreadful idea that I should make one of every mark... This is only further encouraging that madness...

Well that's quite a fun idea....  

I'm well on my way to doing that with my V Bombers....