Where can I buy RB models products in UK?

Whofan

I'm hoping to acquire a Leopard 2A4 soon and intend to modify it to Austrian service, and looking around for after market noted RB model of Poland sell a nice metal gun barrel and some resin accessories for the tank.

https://www.rbmodel.com/picture.php?dir=35B47#

Trouble is, I can't find a stockist of RB model in the UK and at the moment Im not too sure about postage from Poland - not the cost, but delays due to the virus.

has anyone any ideas?

I  order straight from them. I ordered a couple of 76mm barrels for a Sherman a few weeks ago and they  took just over two weeks to arrive. I've just ordered some MG barrels from them and they are on their way. Postage cost was just over 3 euros. If you want them quicker, you can chose UPS (or similar), but that would have cost 15 euros. I don't need them that urgently.

John.

• Thanks 1

Gentlemen, many thanks for your replies.

@Dads203 I looked at modelsforsale website and they are sold out of the barrel!

I'll make the order direct with them.

Edited by Whofan
  • Like 1

I usually get mine from Jadar Hobby in Warsaw. But you can also get them from Der Sockelshop and Modellbau Koenig in Germany, among others. All of these 3 are utterly reliable in my experience of several orders with each. I'm usually looking for other stuff as well so I've never bought direct from RB. Polish post is usually a couple of weeks but isn't too expensive. German shipping is quicker but more expensive.

Buying from across the channel from 1 Jan is going to get a whole lot more complicated. Products will become VAT free at source but imports over £15 will attract 20% import VAT plus the shipper's VAT handling fee. Royal Mail currently charge about £9.

German VAT goes down from 19% to 16% on 1 July so it might be worth looking there. But that's only 21 cents off a €7 barrel, so hardly earth-shattering.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Das Abteilung said:

I usually get mine from Jadar Hobby in Warsaw. But you can also get them from Der Sockelshop and Modellbau Koenig in Germany, among others. All of these 3 are utterly reliable in my experience of several orders with each. I'm usually looking for other stuff as well so I've never bought direct from RB. Polish post is usually a couple of weeks but isn't too expensive. German shipping is quicker but more expensive.

Buying from across the channel from 1 Jan is going to get a whole lot more complicated. Products will become VAT free at source but imports over £15 will attract 20% import VAT plus the shipper's VAT handling fee. Royal Mail currently charge about £9.

German VAT goes down from 19% to 16% on 1 July so it might be worth looking there. But that's only 21 cents off a €7 barrel, so hardly earth-shattering.

Thanks again for the help.

I don't have a problem at all with the rekiability, my concern was simply delays or difficulty in the post between Poland and the UK because of this wretched virus.

I'll be looking at Jadar and Modellbau Koenig as well, to see if they have anything else that might be useful.

I've been caught out by the Royal Mail charges before, I've bought CD's direct from Japan and the charges plus the Royal Mail fee were almost as much as the CD!