New paint for VIP Voyager

3 hours ago, exdraken said:

Looks like Donald got the same good taste when it comes to aircraft schemes as for his hair style! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, junglierating said:

Actually is this a bite or is it gen twelve clips safeguard?

I hope it is a bite...the MoD could spend nearly a million on something more useful ...just sayin'

It's gen: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53082294 - and was mentioned during this morning's PMQs....

Edited by andyf117
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, desert falcon said:

Looks like Donald got the same good taste when it comes to aircraft schemes as for his hair style! 

I actually think his ? AF1 scheme is quite smart and professional unlike what the Daily Fail has predicted...im for an smart understated scheme .Ill go get professional help now ...agreement with Trump what next normality??😷🤔

1 minute ago, andyf117 said:

It's gen - and was mentioned during this morning's PMQs....

Good grief im embarrassed 

23 hours ago, andyf117 said:

According to the Daily Mail, it could look like this - 'Groovy, Baby!':

Soften the red to a pinkish colour and change the cockpit area to a more purplish colour.

Then we have something that truly represents Boris to the world.

Pity the innocent aircrew tho'.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Paul Bradley said:

Eight more of 'em and you've got the new Red Arrows......

Well, those Hawks are getting pretty long in the tooth.

• Like 1

The issue is from my point of view is that the scheme should at least be aesthetically pleading. The Union flag has been hijacked enough by some not very nice people. People forget, as George Orwell once said, the difference between patriotism and nationalism. 

Edited by Mr T
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, desert falcon said:

The design he's promoting jusy looks like an airliner scheme to me. Not very distinctive.  It would be quite funny if he had Trump painted on it in huge letters.

Guys, we need to drop the thinly veiled jabs at various people (I use the word advisedly), and stick to discussion of the actual aircraft the ugliness or otherwise etc.  Politics is not permitted within these virtual walls :nono:

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Mr T said:

The issue is from my point of view is that the scheme should at least be aesthetically pleading. The Union flag has been hijacked enough by some not very nice people. People forget, as George Orwell once said, between patriotism and nationalism. 

You are absolutely spot on 👏

It would be nice if they just applied the old RAF Transport scheme of grey and white with a blue cheatline and full colour reasonably sized roundels,...... retro is all the rage these days and it would look excellent,....... even all white with the blue cheatline as per the Tristar would look good. Don`t like the idea of a Union Flag tail,...... one on the nose above the door would be fine. 

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, tonyot said:

It would be nice if they just applied the old RAF Transport scheme of grey and white with a blue cheatline and full colour reasonably sized roundels,...... retro is all the rage these days and it would look excellent,....... even all white with the blue cheatline as per the Tristar would look good. Don`t like the idea of a Union Flag tail,...... one on the nose above the door would be fine. 

Thats what I said get your own ideas i dunno bloody paras ...wannabe junglies 🤣🤣🤣🤣glad someone else has taste👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, junglierating said:

Thats what I said get your own ideas i dunno bloody paras ...wannabe junglies 🤣🤣🤣🤣glad someone else has taste👍

LOL!! 

• Like 1

I would prefer something more subtle myself. The fuselage perhaps white/off white with the lightning bolt stripe red, then some kind of flag design on the tailplane seems sufficient. Or just keep the fuselage the same and just do something on the tailplane. Those wingtip upsweeps look ripe for a bit of personalisation too.

Given one of the principal jobs its going to do whatever scheme is painted on it it should look restrained and classy - not like it was dreamed up in some ad agency brain storming session by "young things" to look trendy.  A good starting point is to take points of reference from old BOAC and RAF transport command schemes and think along those lines rather than waving union jacks on tails or Court Lines colour schemes.  More Aston Martin than Lambo please

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Given one of the principal jobs its going to do whatever scheme is painted on it it should look restrained and classy - not like it was dreamed up in some ad agency brain storming session by "young things" to look trendy.  A good starting point is to take points of reference from old BOAC and RAF transport command schemes and think along those lines rather than waving union jacks on tails or Court Lines colour schemes.  More Aston Martin than Lambo please

A bit like this far more tasteful scheme created by Andy Evans which I discovered on the interweb

spacer.png

• Like 13

@RichardE that scheme always looked good, even on the Belfast. I don't understand why we can't just charter a dedicated BA machine though, it's not like they don't have enough going spare at the moment and the RAF have too many tankers! BA would be happy to get one of their aircraft out of storage I'm sure.

Duncan B

6 minutes ago, Duncan B said:

@RichardE that scheme always looked good, even on the Belfast. I don't understand why we can't just charter a dedicated BA machine though, it's not like they don't have enough going spare at the moment and the RAF have too many tankers! BA would be happy to get one of their aircraft out of storage I'm sure.

Duncan B

The RAF have too many tankers? Not sure where you get that idea from. The Air Tanker/RAF partnership provides for 9 x Voyagers to be available to service all the RAF Tanker and strategic requirements. Don't forget that one Voyager is permanently detached to the Falklands Islands, 1 on QRA alert, 1 on ops in Al Udeid etc. ZZ336, the subject of the repaint, is not permanently assigned to VIP carriage. When not doing that specific role she earns her keep as a tanker just like the rest of the fleet. Not too long ago the RAF AAR/AT fleet comprised 20 or so VC10s and 9 Tristars 😀

Mark

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Richard E said:

A bit like this far more tasteful scheme created by Andy Evans which I discovered on the interweb

Complete with reversed fin flash? Mais non, monsieur...

37 minutes ago, canberraman said:

The RAF have too many tankers?

"it's not like.....the RAF have too many tankers" ...

1 hour ago, Paul Bradley said:

Rivet Counter. Or should that  be 'Rivet Joint' Counter for modern RAF...? 

Three - and they're Airseekers, not Rivet Joints! :ner:

Edited by andyf117
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1