1/72 Meteors

Adam Poultney

11 hours ago, Aardvark said:

Also there is no of the front of the engine in the air intake.

As the front of the engine sites behind the front spar there is very little to see anyway, even in 1.48 I can only just see the airfix engine in the wing. Also on the real thing its hard to see all the way in there TBH.

23 minutes ago, Julien said:

As the front of the engine sites behind the front spar there is very little to see anyway, even in 1.48 I can only just see the airfix engine in the wing. Also on the real thing its hard to see all the way in there TBH.

Yes, it’s hard to see, nevertheless, the MPM (which is also packaged in Extrakit, Airfiх and Special Hobby boxes) gives for their Meteor's family models in 72nd scale only one small (wrong) part inside intakes, while Dragon for F.III has nothing there!

🤗

Of course, for models developed in 60-70 (as in Airfix  F.III for example) it is foolish to require air intake ducts, but in 2000 there were already slightly different requirements.

In addition, for example, it doesn’t give me pleasure to see a gaping void in the model’s air intake, or even worse, the inside part main wheel bay as on HA-300 from A&A models, as example.

But it's my point view.

B.R.

Serge

P.S. In Yak-23 from Special Hobby also install Dervent ( Soviet name RD-500) which is not visible at all, but it is there!  One detail, but ..... by the way, RD-500 from Yak-23 Special Hobby a good candidate for cloning under Dragon Meteor F.III air intake!

Moreover, in Sea Venom, Dragon made the engine completely, although it is certainly not visible there if  do not remove the fuselage panels, agree Dragon has a strange strategy!