VF-1J Valkyrie

I like building Scifi, mostly Star Wars and lately lots of Warhammer 40k but sometimes I dabble with the anime Macross.
This is a VF-J Valkyrie Varitech Fighter in 1/48th scale from Hasegawa. I built it OOB but decided for a paintjob of my own. I went with a TPS-ish
rugged finish. Why? Because I love it! 😛

well here ya go guys 😄

DSC_4644_zpstzzzs5xo.jpg DSC_4646_zpsm6mlx4hw.jpg DSC_4648_zpsbaq9fsym.jpg DSC_4650_zpsgsuw8enf.jpg DSC_4653_zpscv7a0pfo.jpg DSC_4655_zpsk16i6rsq.jpg DSC_4657_zpszfljdjqg.jpg DSC_4659_zpsebqt6rza.jpg DSC_4661_zpsjvieqkmx.jpg DSC_4663_zpsssctmjha.jpg DSC_4665_zpso2oddftl.jpg DSC_4667_zpsiefhspwx.jpg DSC_4669_zpsix0cleg5.jpg DSC_4671_zpsymr9be7q.jpg DSC_4673_zpssnehray4.jpg DSC_4676_zpsy74vowjv.jpg DSC_4679_zpsljvpmaas.jpg DSC_4681_zps47yq9kur.jpg DSC_4684_zpspqgk2s8n.jpg DSC_4686_zpsxwtsrowa.jpg DSC_4688_zps7yatbq6t.jpg DSC_4690_zpsmcy7shhj.jpg DSC_4692_zpse5emwaes.jpg DSC_4694_zpsrrqcpt7h.jpg DSC_4695_zps2pifx43b.jpg DSC_4696_zpsjwqfvjik.jpg DSC_4697_zpsubv90mcp.jpg DSC_4698_zpsssqrda6m.jpg DSC_4699_zpsxirw0umy.jpg DSC_4700_zpsf49z66uk.jpg DSC_4701_zpshojyzxao.jpg DSC_4702_zpsjfpqfofq.jpg DSC_4703_zps5p6xumoc.jpg DSC_4704_zpsiclgqmhd.jpg

Cheers!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Looks great, very ominous especially from those low angles.

How was it to build? I read somewhere that it works quite well as sub-assemblies, which would help a lot with the livery, but it would be good to get confirmation.

Cheers,

Will

34 minutes ago, Will Vale said:

Looks great, very ominous especially from those low angles.

How was it to build? I read somewhere that it works quite well as sub-assemblies, which would help a lot with the livery, but it would be good to get confirmation.

Cheers,

Will

Thanx Will :D

Yup, subassemblies are the way with this kit. Considering it is a folded up mecha you really have to keep that in mind when painting and weathering it  :D

8 minutes ago, Hamiltonian said:

That's a brutal looking thing. And I mean that as a compliment. 

Great build!

Thanx Hamiltonian :D

indeed it is :D

18 hours ago, spruecutter96 said:

Lovely work, here. A true tribute to your painting skills. I love the weathering.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Chris.  

Thanx Chris :D

Nice to see someone building one of the big "Maku-ross!" Valkyries - I've got one in the stash with the Hasegawa PE set.  I used to love this show when I was younger, so have a few of their kits knocking about :)

On 19/06/2020 at 17:47, Mike said:

Nice to see someone building one of the big "Maku-ross!" Valkyries - I've got one in the stash with the Hasegawa PE set.  I used to love this show when I was younger, so have a few of their kits knocking about :)

I wish there was möte in 1/48th scale, I have a few more 1/72 lite in the stash.

12 hours ago, Aigore said:

I wish there was möte in 1/48th scale, I have a few more 1/72 lite in the stash.

Me too, but it was a long time ago, I guess :shrug:

20 minutes ago, Mike said:

Me too, but it was a long time ago, I guess :shrug:

Well they still produce new stuff now and then... the Gerwalk VF-1 IN 1/72  was pretty recent  :D

Just now, Aigore said:

Well they still produce new stuff now and then... the Gerwalk VF-1 IN 1/72  was pretty recent  :D

I've lost track - I remember picking up a few kits in my early teens when I spotted them at my LMS, then nothing for years.  Then I saw Macross (Michael Ross), or Star Blazers I think it was called in the US, and picked up a few more kits, the big Valkyrie amongst them.  That led to some Gundams and my big Yamato kit... doesn't it always? :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Mike said:

I've lost track - I remember picking up a few kits in my early teens when I spotted them at my LMS, then nothing for years.  Then I saw Macross (Michael Ross), or Star Blazers I think it was called in the US, and picked up a few more kits, the big Valkyrie amongst them.  That led to some Gundams and my big Yamato kit... doesn't it always? :rolleyes:

Robotech, StarBlazer is Starship Yamamoto :D