Triumph TR2 “Le Mans 1955” 1/24 Gunze Sangyo

That's a really nice job with some good photos to show off your work.  I once had a short drive in a Triumph TR3 that looked a lot like this TR2, so your model brought back some happy memories.

Brilliant job! I’ve built the kit as my Dad has a 55 TR2 and for those that haven’t built it it’s trickier than it looks as the chassis is all PE and the interior is vinyl (and doesn’t fit very well IIRC) so tha is a great build!

TT

19 minutes ago, OutcastJoel said:

that is really nice!

I am especially impressed by the steering wheel, how did you manage the walnut wood grain?

The technology was this: at first I painted with gray primer, then I wanted to get a dark mahogany, so I took Tamiya's XF-52 as the main color, painted them, then I took a thin brush and started to lightly apply Tamiya diluted XF-64 on top of the main color giving texture to get a lighter wood, you can use XF-57 as a base and apply a texture with diluted XF-52. In general, you can try many options. And most importantly, then varnish everything, otherwise it will be a tree on the street, and not in the car.
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Hi Volodymyr, I realise this is a few years old now, but I just bought this LeMans kit is there any chance you can relink the images or provide any other links if you have posted anywhere would love to see the finished work.