Tamiya 1/12 Porsche 934

Hi all I decided to add the brake pipes to this kit and was going to use wire but then realised that the working steering and suspension wouldn't work so I added the bracket to  the suspension leg and then added a flexible hose from that. Should I mention this was my third attempt(no ones perfect)

IMG-3676.jpg

IMG-3678.jpg
IMG-3677.jpg

IMG-3674.jpg
IMG-3673.jpg
IMG-3675.jpg

• Like 2

Ok so I need something on the tool chest but most of the car is built so not much choice but the rear suspension, problem is the spring plate is moulded integral with the suspension arm (on the car if you were working on the suspension arm you would have left the spring plate on ) so I cut it off and made a new spring plate separate to put on the car (still got to make the casters for the tool chest)

IMG-3732.jpg

IMG-3734.jpg

IMG-3738.jpg
IMG-3735.jpg
IMG-3737.jpg
IMG-3736.jpg

• Like 6

Not done anything on this for a few days as been in bonnie Scotland for fatherinlaws birthday, back today so will be doing more work on it from tomorrow.

Damaged the roof and had to respray the whole thing again (if the rest of the masking comes off like this I think I got away with it)
Cut some of the tiles away from the edge to give a bit more room to display things.
IMG-3755.jpg
IMG-3757.jpg
IMG-3756.jpg

• Like 5

On 02/07/2020 at 08:33, MR2Don said:

This is all really, really good. I've been checking through the instruction manual, trying to identify where various sections of pipework go to. For example, the intercooler plumbing, kit seems to indicate two lengths going down each side of the car to the intercooler rads. What I couldn't work out is how on earth that achieves anything, until I found a post on Google where somebody had mapped out the plumbing and there should be a cross car pipe between the rads which, as far as I can detect, isn't modelled. Is that because it sits way down low in the front and wouldn't be seen? Anybody know?

Not sure on 934 but 935 has cross pipes in rear chassis connecting rads...if this is what you are referring to??

spacer.png   spacer.png

Yes very relieved with the roof recovery and tbh not a little proud (if that had happened a few years ago it would have been bin fodder)just goes to show I must be getting better at this (or more stubborn 🙂 )

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kpnuts said:

or more stubborn

Persistence is a key to success!  It's been my credo in life and most definitely in modeling. 

Enjoying very much watching the progress.  The jack stands and tool chest are exquisite.  

Thanks guys.

Hi all I saw these dental sticks in a shop somewhere and thought they must be usefull in modelling, well I've found a first use for them.

IMG-3815.jpg
IMG-3814.jpg
IMG-3813.jpgIMG-3816.jpg
IMG-3817.jpg

Also made the casters for the tool chest.

IMG-3818.jpgIMG-3820.jpg
IMG-3819.jpg
IMG-3821.jpg
IMG-3822.jpg

• Like 6

More techie questions. Sorry, maybe I should have worked for a Porsche agent instead of a major defence contractor!

There is what looks suspiciously like a small radiator positioned on the rear wing. You have it in place with a length of vinyl tube coming from it. The instructions don't appear to have anything attached to it. Looking at photos, I haven't seen any that show the rad, but one or two have a pair of braided hoses heading in that direction and vanishing down towards the front of the bay.. The engine oil cooler is up front, so methinks it might be for a gearbox oil cooler. Underside photos do seem to indicate two smallish bore braided hoses round about the final drive area and there are a couple of stubs on the gearbox moulding that could be for such.

Anybody know? It looks like it could be major fun (i.e. damn near impossible) to model those hoses in place.

I’ve not seen any like it at work but it’s in the kit and as a rad it needs at least one pipe so I added one , will ask the blokes at work.