That is magnificent Tony, doesn't get better than that in my opinion.  Unique choice as well doing such a plain looking scheme - I am all for Hi Viz and glammed up like a '70s Rock Band....!!!!  Platforms, big hair and make up all the way....  😂

How do you compare this with the Academy new mould?

Phil

As near to perfection as you're going to get. The features that caught my eye and really stood out were: (1) cockpit - can't believe that's 1/72 and hand painted at that (2) Remove before flight tags add a realism seldom seen on models, and (3) engine exhausts are immaculate. Paint work is top notch for sure!

Absolutely brilliant work, what a stunner. The attention to detail is jaw dropping. I have to agree with you - line jets definitely have the 'menace factor'. Great to see an early Delta with some high speed argument resolvers (I still love a Bombcat as much as anyone). Very impressive.

• Thanks 1

That sir, is the best Tomcat build I have ever seen! A dirty line jet always look best, just how airplanes should look.

Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

Hi Tony,

I shall join my voice to all the other Bmers: outstanding build!!! Plain jaw dropping model.

Mind you, after 76 F-14 builds, you must know the plane's idiosyncrasies by heart.

Sorry, did you say 78 Tomcats already built?

Congrats!

JR

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jean said:

Mind you, after 76 F-14 builds, you must know the plane's idiosyncrasies by heart.

Sorry, did you say 78 Tomcats already built?

42 minutes ago, Gary Brantley said:

Seventy-eight Tomcats...it would be grand to see them all lined up together somehow. 😀

Nah it’s only about a dozen 😂

@Booty003

Reference your comment mate, this and the acad kit are two completely different beasts, both with their own quirks and flaws. The first page of the WIP has a run down of sorts about this GWH kit, good and bad with some comparisons to the acad & FM kit  
The acad one however, in general, is much more ‘shake and bake’ so to speak. 

To All,

Thanks to for the great feedback, much appreciated. 

Tony O

• Like 2

WOW, one of the best tomcat I ever see on 72 scale, fantastic work!!!!

You choose a original Squadron because VF-11 only use the D 4 or 5 years only. I love it all, the pain scheme, the weapons loadout and the carrier base.

Cheers

• Like 1

Another fabulously weathered workhorse 😍

I'm with you, although CAG birds have their place, and some look better than others, I do love a nice, dirty, lo-vis line bird.

• Thanks 1