Bandai Pot Noodle 1/1 scale

VMA131Marine

11 hours ago, Julien said:

Now thats funny.

To the person who reported this thread as its a cup noodle not a pot noodle...really the mods have much better and pressing matters to be dealing with.

OMG, that was my error - I was the one who worte Pot Noodle rather than Cup Noodle. Sorry, @Julien - I'll be more careful about my Ramen nomenclature in future....🤣

I've had issues with Colour Nazis before but now the Noodle Nazis are on me........🤣

Edited by Paul Bradley
  • Haha 7

14 minutes ago, Paul Bradley said:

OMG, that was my error - I was the one who worte Pot Noodle rather than Cup Noodle. Sorry, @Julien - I'll be more careful about my Ramen nomenclature in future....🤣

I've had issues with Colour Nazis before but now the Noodle Nazis are on me........🤣

No it was @VMA131Marine who used "Pot Noodle" in the header. However we shall let him off about the incorrect use of Ramen nomenclature as he is American and maybe unaware of the Classic British Pot Noodle.

You though should know better :D 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Paul Bradley said:

Well, technically, I'm American now as well......😛 Not that I boast about it at the moment.....

We shall let you off then

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Julien said:

A true British cultural icon

Certainly is! Brings a lump to my throat just looking at the box. My local Home Bargains stock them....maybe just one more time? :D

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Mike said:

They're being sold on eBay for £59, and as they're coming from Japan

I'm waiting for the Eduard 'Weekend Edition' kit, which will hopefully be cheaper and have aftermarket items, like teriyake sauce.

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, Julien said:

No it was @VMA131Marine who used "Pot Noodle" in the header. However we shall let him off about the incorrect use of Ramen nomenclature as he is American and maybe unaware of the Classic British Pot Noodle.

You though should know better :D 

I used pot noodle thinking it was a generic term; the Dave Lister character on Red Dwarf seemed to have a derogatory view of pot noodles (but supposedly he only has one working tastebud thanks to eating so many vindaloos)😁 I also do not recall it as a brand I encountered while growing up in Lancashire.

• Like 2

On 6/16/2020 at 4:00 PM, Tony Oliver said:

Or perhaps 1/1 scale:

Spam and chips?

Spam egg and chips?

Spam spam egg and chips?

Spam spam spam egg chips and spam...

Just want to say that on my home state of Minnesota there is a museum dedicated to SPAM and it is great to visit.  i would go for an out of the box can of spam, maybe vintage WWII but all these suggestions above would be great too.

• Like 2

On 17/06/2020 at 22:38, Paul Bradley said:

Well, technically, I'm American now as well......😛 Not that I boast about it at the moment.....

On 17/06/2020 at 22:40, Julien said:

We shall let you off then

Pretty much the story with my Brother's partner. They were living in Chicago when Trumper was nominated, the day he was elected she was looking for work anywhere else. As time has passed she's been more reticent about her nationality :D 

My Brother works from home or is onsite so he can live where he chooses, he brought me some ramen back from Japan and they are a lot better than the ones sold here.

BTW @Mike there is a tariff agreement between the EU and Japan so you shouldn't get caught by Langley's ransom centre. If you do appeal and the charge will be waived. Only runs here until January though.

https://trade.ec.europa.eu/tradehelp/myexport#?product=9503000000&partner=JP&reporter=GB&tab=1  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SleeperService said:

BTW @Mike there is a tariff agreement between the EU and Japan so you shouldn't get caught by Langley's ransom centre. If you do appeal and the charge will be waived. Only runs here until January though.

There is? :hmmm: I've had more than a couple of things get hit by the dreaded import man, so they're a bunch of chancing bleepers, aren't they? :angry:

On 6/17/2020 at 4:52 AM, SAT69 said:

Has me wondering what we're going to see modeled next. Don't know that there'd be a market in the U.S. or Europe, but in a country that has three museums dedicated to this popular food, they might sell like hotcakes. Somehow hotcakes sounds so wrong but I can't think of a better replacement word.

You'd be surprised. If you ever get the chance have a browse through the local japanese edition of the Hasegawa catalogue or other model compnies over there., musical intruments, castles, all manner of stuff. Fruit and foods are a big thing and people go to great lengths to paint both full size and smaller scale replicas for both display and use in shopfront s as they dont "go off" like the real thing. Remember wax fruit in bowls  back in the day?

• Like 1

I can vaguely remember some travel programme, a genre to which Mrs T is fond of, where the presenter went into a shop in Japan that sold all the plates of fake food. It was very convincing, partly because the surface finishes matched the real foods so well, unlike the plastic parsley you still occasionally see in butchers shops or supermarkets. 

Edited by Mr T
Blasted spellchecker
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr T said:

I can vaguely remember some travel programme, a genre to which Mrs T is fond of, where the presenter went into a shop in Japan that sold all the plates of fake food. It was very convincing, partly because the surface finishes matched the real foods so well, unlike the plastic parsley you still occasionally see in butchers shops or supermarkets. 

Are you thinking of the recent Paul Hollywood series where he travelled through Japan, tasting Japanese food and indulging in various japanese cultural activities?

I don't remenber them showing a museum of fake food, but it definitely did a segment on the cup noodle museums, and I am sure that he tried some japanese cup noodles and thought they were excellent.

It also gave you some fasciating facts about Japan and its food culture, for instance it's not polite to eat food in public, so people who buy from street food stalls tend to dive into shop doorways or into side alleys to eat it, if the stall doesn't have seats and tables.

Also, one memorable bit was Hollywood going to a strawberry grower who grew the best Strawberries in Japan, and sold them for up to £359 per Strawberry.

That isn't a typo, it really was £359 per strawberry!

The best bit came when Paul Hollywood said something like "At these prices, you must drive a Ferrari" and the Japanese grower laughed and said yes.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Whofan said:

That isn't a typo, it really was £359 per strawberry!

The Japanese have a bit of a thing for perfection. Perfect fruit is used as high status gifts to someone they hope to impress.

My nephew used to work in Disneyland Paris and was put forward for a job as Price Charming in Disneyland Tokyo, but when the Japanese bloke who was doing the hiring, saw that he has a tiny mole on his face (so small it was something I'd not noticed before), he was rejected in favour of someone who was entirely blemish free.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gorby said:

The Japanese have a bit of a thing for perfection. Perfect fruit is used as high status gifts to someone they hope to impress.

My nephew used to work in Disneyland Paris and was put forward for a job as Price Charming in Disneyland Tokyo, but when the Japanese bloke who was doing the hiring, saw that he has a tiny mole on his face (so small it was something I'd not noticed before), he was rejected in favour of someone who was entirely blemish free.

That's taking things a bit too far.

I wouldn't have thought that if they said it was because he had no teeth and five fingers and a thumb on hs left hand, though.

If you look at the Prince in the cartoon he just has a white space between his lips (Ced, no fnaar fnaar please!) and five fingers and a thumb on his left hand.

• Like 2

It wasn't the Paul Hollywood thing as Mrs T is less than keen on him. I have feeling (don't we all?) it was Joanna Lumley from a while ago. 

8 minutes ago, Mr T said:

It wasn't the Paul Hollywood thing as Mrs T is less than keen on him. I have feeling (don't we all?) it was Joanna Lumley from a while ago. 

yes, the Joanna Lumley programme.

Given my fond memories of Joanna Lumley it's entirely possible that I took little notice of Japan and more notice of Joanna.

• Haha 2