Bandai Pot Noodle 1/1 scale

VMA131Marine

4 minutes ago, Paul Bradley said:

Who are they kidding? There's never that many 'accessories' on top when I open up a Pot Noodle....

That'll be the limited edition "black" version with the additional aftermarket resin accessories.

• Haha 4

I remember a radio 4 programme last year? about pot noodles.

Invented after WW2, they are a huge seller in the East. Japan has three museums dedicated to them!

In U S prisons they are used as a form of currency. As in, I lend you one, you pay me back two, etc. 

Plastic models of food are/were(?) widely used as display items in Japanese food outlets.

Here endeth my noodle treatise. Now, I fancy a snack......

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Has me wondering what we're going to see modeled next. Don't know that there'd be a market in the U.S. or Europe, but in a country that has three museums dedicated to this popular food, they might sell like hotcakes. Somehow hotcakes sounds so wrong but I can't think of a better replacement word.

• Haha 2

Pot Noodle? Please...

Please do not mistake Golden Wonder / Unilever's Pot Noodle fo Nissin's pioneering staple of oriental convenience food - Cup Noodle. 

Granted they are both instant noodles, but Nissin's product comes from a country where such things are taken much more... seriously. 

You wouldn't expect Airfix to go to the trouble of kitting a Pot Noodle, would you?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Stilwell said:

Pot Noodle? Please...

Please do not mistake Golden Wonder / Unilever's Pot Noodle fo Nissin's pioneering staple of oriental convenience food - Cup Noodle. 

Granted they are both instant noodles, but Nissin's product comes from a country where such things are taken much more... seriously. 

You wouldn't expect Airfix to go to the trouble of kitting a Pot Noodle, would you?

Airfix would do a takeaway curry, but it would be in the wrong scale.

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

Airfix would do a takeaway curry, but it would be in the wrong scale.

Or perhaps 1/1 scale beans on toast. With the tomato sauce to go over and inbetween the beans as a decal. 

Or fish and chips?

or 

Spam and chips?

Spam egg and chips?

Spam spam egg and chips?

Spam spam spam egg chips and spam...

:coat:

• Haha 12

1 hour ago, Tony Oliver said:

Or perhaps 1/1 scale beans on toast. With the tomato sauce to go over and inbetween the beans as a decal. 

Or fish and chips?

or 

Spam and chips?

Spam egg and chips?

Spam spam egg and chips?

Spam spam spam egg chips and spam...

:coat:

• Haha 3

Now thats funny.

To the person who reported this thread as its a cup noodle not a pot noodle...really the mods have much better and pressing matters to be dealing with.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

42 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

I know. For a start, there's the shortage of bourbon biscuits!

Dont tell anyone but im not a fan of the bourbon. Custard creams now.............

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Julien said:

really the mods have much better and pressing matters to be dealing with.

I'd report this for inaccuracy and lies, but as you're a Mod you'd probably just delete it anyway. :shrug:

I quite fancied a Cup Noodle (hang the man that said "Pot Noodle") until I saw the price.  They're being sold on eBay for £59, and as they're coming from Japan, there's a fair bet you could  get hit for import duty.  That would make it even more expensive that the ridiculous prices the chancers are asking on eBay for the Pot Noodles right now. :ninja:

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Do these taste better than the 'edible' sort?

The texture has to be an improvement for a start.

Probably more nutrition than a pot noodle, though these Japanses cup noodles do taste fairly good (the real ones that is)

• Like 1

The fools.....don't they realise a series of Campbell soup cans in Andy Warhol colours would be a much bigger seller!  Terrible subject matter compared to other foodstuffs that have been crying out for an injection moulded kit for decades .at least this release will keep fans who have struggled with the old Contrail Vac Formed pot noodles kit happy !  :P

• Haha 6