Recovery vehicle and drone

How rude! Well this dirty old Drayman has to go to work tomorrow. But at least I'll be off to the seaside for one delivery.

Chapel St Leonards if you really must know. I'll bring you back a bucket of crabs for tea.

When I've had time away from Grandkids and mowing grass etc I've been adding a few more little details to the 'tank'.

And then earlier this afternoon I splurged on some primer. yes, it's at that stage at last.

I've also been assembling some figures, due to popular demand, for this apparently compulsory diorama.

xr2euB7.jpg

Rear mudguards made up and fitted. The upper parts were Humvee door bits. The lower sections are very thin plastic card with the bottom edge 'worried' by a file.

They will be painted up as rubber mudguards, as fitted to HGV's. I also added the starting handle, top left. (and why not) I still need to drill a hole for it. 

0WSLYYa.jpg

I used white primer here, then dappled on a bit of the grey. I cut down the trackguards on the sides so they don't stick out so much now.

The crane swivel base has been changed, I've added a few bits here and there and also a fixed gun in a pod, top front.

Uf67ZZv.jpg

I've also primed stick on bits like the fuel tanks and exhaust. Work for the next three days so more progress at the weekend. Hopefully.

Thanks for looking, and please keep the comments coming. Pete

• Like 10

41 minutes ago, Hunter Rose said:

Nice to see some primer

It certainly is. I seem to have taken ages to get here, but it's only about three weeks! Must be time dilation after the lockdown speedbuilds.

10 hours ago, TheBaron said:

The patio needs weeding.

1 hour ago, Tzulscha said:

Yeah and I think he needs a manicure.

Details, details. Weedkiller is on hand and awaiting a dry atmosphere before application.

The manicure is on hold while I scratch my head trying to figure out what's going on in this crazy world.

• Haha 3

Update time, and paint has happened!

C5H5RDf.jpg

And rust! The state of that exhaust. tsk. A big job for Quickfit. Base colour is Tamiya dark yellow. I seem to have a thing for desert camouflage.

Xeu3xbG.jpg

Though in the pictures it can be hard to tell the camo from the rust. I've done dark brown splodges with green outer rings, just to be different.

R1FQJxv.jpg

Fuel tanks and exhaust are only lodged in place for the pictures. The tanks need to be plumbed in yet.

The podded gun is more obvious now and I added smoke projectors. They are used a lot on Ma.k stuff.

NAyh4KR.jpg

I don't think it's not turned out too bad. There's still work to be done though. Accessories to be added etc.

FiTunuq.jpg

That's not a red cross, it's the rear light. I used clear orange for the rust, but it's come out a bit bright in places.

It does beg the question though, Ma.k stuff is usually shown rusty. What happened to composite materials?

Thanks for looking. Your comments are always welcome. So long as they're nice! :laugh:

Pete

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

It's pending. Real life keeps getting in the way. 

Tell me about it! I was going to do loads of stuff today, but got almost nothing done.

• Sad 1

That looks damn vibrant clothed in all that pigment now Pete. 👏

I wish I'd had one of those to play with as a kid!

On 7/12/2020 at 5:34 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

Fuel tanks and exhaust are only lodged in place for the pictures.

Like the car adverts in our local paper.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Last weekend I started fitting the tracks to the 'tank' and I've started to build a another trailer for the salvaged items.

And, yes, I'm still pondering on the diorama!

I got some Manshed time this afternoon. The trailer has been completed and painted. And YES! The diorama is in progress!

4O9nXN4.jpg

The floor and sides were a section of Airfix pontoon bridge that I've had for decades. Wheels are from a tank (I think).

05ipryR.jpg

This is of course, unpainted in the pictures. I primed and painted it later.

Xgnc6Mz.jpg

The rest of the construction was done using spares box bits. The front axle does swivel, but the wheels will be glued on.

Thanks for looking in @Hunter Rose and @Hockeyboy76 and the good comments. We are nearing the end now and it's been an enjoyable ride.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 3