A26B Invader - Italeri 1/72

I promised myself something bigger and the Proctor, nice though it is, doesn't count.

This is more like it!

50008610293_0ebf46ac3b_z.jpg

What's more, there's this scheme:

50009142281_1dc1a8dbe9_z.jpg

I can mess about with my AK True Metal paste again - no paint! :evil_laugh:

I'll take some photos of the part trees later - off to do some research!

• Like 19
  • Confused 1

First one this time and yes you can really mess up with ak true metal for a tutorial here. I'd like to see them in action as I'm fed up to polish diecast bottoms again and again at the moment. For an inspiration of course this one:

b4bef721341fbf7e7c2056270f933aac.jpg

Cheers

Edited by bbudde
  • Like 12

Ooh I do like Invaders, looking forward to this one Ced!

Unfortunately as I'm still ''shielding'' (Klingons on the starboard bow, shields up Mr. Sulu....) I'll have to watch from the other side of the Bristol Channel.... :)

Keith

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Ooh I do like Invaders, looking forward to this one Ced!

Unfortunately as I'm still ''shielding'' (Klingons on the starboard bow, shields up Mr. Sulu....) I'll have to watch from the other side of the Bristol Channel.... :)

Keith

I will send over a couple of pints Keith.

Simon.

• Like 3

Woo Hoo, 6 hrs into it & I'm still on page 1, I think, won't know till I hit submit. Yup, it's all good :D A bit out of breath too, you're setting a cracking pace here Ced. Can't be left behind on this one though, I've got that boxing too. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

This is cool, a twin beefy twin engine dripping with guns! I will say I’m sad your not doing the all black with pin up version from the box art... but you can’t have everything in life.

Rob

• Like 3

I'll be tagging along too, if thats okay :). I've built one of these in the past snd have a C-model in the loft ready to take French matkings :).

Martin

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bbudde said:

First one this time and yes you can really mess up with ak true metal for a tutorial here. I'd like to see them in action as I'm fed up to polish diecast bottoms again and again at the moment. For an inspiration of course this one:

b4bef721341fbf7e7c2056270f933aac.jpg

Cheers

Yeah! The old Airfix box art. Nice!

Chris

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cookenbacher said:

Looks like I made it in time for an actual seat on this one. I don't know this kit at all, looking forward to watching and learning.

Definitely the best 72nd Invaders on the market right now.  ICM just released some nice 48th scale ones but the old Monogram one still builds fine for those that like larger scales.

I have the B-26K version from Vietnam in the stash.

• Like 3