T34/85 late by ARK modelss

KAYELL

Hi folks 

This will be my entry

Ark aka Maquette kik.This has been at the back of my cupboard for ages.

Having inspected it I now know why.

Loads of flash and holes to drill out before starting, I did however find a couple of resin turrets in the box that I had forgotten about so will hopefully utilise them.

Cheers Keithspacer.png

• Like 2

Looks like this will be an interesting build -
Think you may have another problem? What might be one of the fuel tank halves appears to be short shot?   At least those were not always carried.

Good luck with this one Keith

Eagle eyes there Robert

I will be using my spares box a lot for this  build, fuel tanks there are!

spacer.png

An example of the annoying stuff that needs to be sorted before building.

But it is an old east European kit (I have got many more better T34 kits) so I thought i'd get this out of the way even with the problems....just get on with it!

Cheers

Keith

• Like 4

On 6/16/2020 at 12:25 PM, KAYELL said:

so I thought i'd get this out of the way even with the problems....just get on with it!

That's the spirit Keith through strife and adversity to the sunlit meadows of success. There certainly seems to be room for improvement. Good luck, if the kit turret is anything like the box art then those resin replacements will be needed.

• Like 1

Hi folks 

A bit of progress (but slow) body recovery still ongoing.

Bits added on from many sources bit like a Frankentank!

spacer.png

The resin turret is a bit better than the kit one but still needs plenty of work to do on it.

spacer.png

Hopefully can get my body in tune for some more progress soon

Cheers

Keith

• Like 4

On 6/25/2020 at 7:03 AM, beefy66 said:

Casting textures look great on the turret 

Stay Safe and no rushing around 

beefy 

Wot he said. Nothing matters more than your health. Good to see a proper Frankentank making an appearance. My entry is a mere wannabe.

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind comments folks

Now the tracks, the kit ones ...surprise ,surprise were poor so I had a set of miniart ones lying about 

Put these together using my track jig

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Came out ok 

Cheers

Keith

• Like 6

Looking great so far hope you enjoyed the sunshine that looks like the last of it for this year. 🤔

Stay Safe 

beefy 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 10:02 PM, Retired Bob said:

Resin turrets are certainly a mixed blessing, but you are making good progress.   What paint scheme are you going to finish it in? 

Hi Bob

Going to attempt to do a Berlin style air recognition stripe on the turret and hull

Researching ideas now

Cheers

Keith

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KAYELL said:

Going to attempt to do a Berlin style air recognition stripe on the turret and hull

Nice one, I did that on a JS 2, once you have some subject photos then you then have to decide whether to make it as rough as the real thing or tidy it up so nobody asks "have you not heard of masking tape?" :unsure:   When I painted my JS 2, I sprayed the turret white, masked off the air recognition stripes and sprayed the rest green.  Then I removed the masking tape and repainted the tidy white markings using a brush and an off white paint, slightly rough and complete with paint runs.  You can to go as rough or as tidy as you want to.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 11:13 PM, Retired Bob said:

Nice one, I did that on a JS 2, once you have some subject photos then you then have to decide whether to make it as rough as the real thing or tidy it up so nobody asks "have you not heard of masking tape?" :unsure:   When I painted my JS 2, I sprayed the turret white, masked off the air recognition stripes and sprayed the rest green.  Then I removed the masking tape and repainted the tidy white markings using a brush and an off white paint, slightly rough and complete with paint runs.  You can to go as rough or as tidy as you want to.

Perfect description of how to do it🤞

Cheers

Keith

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi folks

Just realized time is nearly up on the Group build so this has given me a good KUTA to finish my offering

spacer.png

Will get other images onto the gallery page soon

Cheers

Keith

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...