Italeri Mil 24 E - 1/72

You can sometimes get the Zvezda one for close to that, think I paid £15, and it's far superior in accuracy and detail.

However I guess it comes down to what you want from a kit and you might want a more straightforward build than absolute accuracy.

I can't remember who did the Italeri Hind first, but Tamiya also boxed it.

IMHO Italeri Hind is worst of the other Hinds: raised panel lines, not very accurate, etc. However it does not have too many parts and is quite easy to build. If you want accuracy above else Zvezda is your best bet. However it has lot of parts, quite complicated, not really good instruction steps, etc: heard lot of stories of people without much experience buying it and giving up in the middle of the build and some of the gaving up on the hobby as well. If you want something in the middle: Hasegawa is good alternative.

The Italeri kit, like all models apart from the current King of the Hill Zvezda, lack the distinctive 3° twist in the fuaelage. Also, the angle of the vertical tail is noticably off.

That being said, nobody will mistake it for a Fairey Fruitbat. ;)

Cheers,

Andre

Update. Jadlam sent me a £5 discount code yesterday but the Hind wasn't expensive enough to qualify, so I bought an MH63E instead.

Thanks for the input though.

Not built a helicopter since I was a kid. Got a couple in the stash now.