SH-3A Sea King, CSAR, Somewhere off Vietnam

Howdy all,

Just got some pic`s of my latest effort, Hasegawas 1/48 SH-3H kit, `loosely` converted to represent a SH-3A .....

19yGPpz.jpg

...used for Combat Search and Rescue ( CSAR ) during the Vietnam War

SegHI3v.jpg

Based on a picture in Dana Bells Vietnam Warbirds book and a few photo`s found on Google

4QKXwcL.jpg

Had the kit hanging around for years with the intention of trying to convert it into a USAF CH-3 Jolly Green Giant.......

BeNYTh2.jpg

.....but in the end decided life`s too short and opted for a Low Viz US Navy, just to try and do something different with it.

cNzBld7.jpg

Modified the undercarriage sponsons, shortened the tailplane, filled the sonar buoy hole and forgot to armour the seats, doh!

HQlXEpZ.jpg

Not 100% but it`ll do for my shelves 🙄

Hope you enjoy the pic`s, thanks for looking

Cheers Russ

• Like 43

Hi Russ. Hope you are keeping well. As always - I know I'm in for a treat when one of your builds appears! And I wasn't dissapointed. That really is a very impressive Sea King and your finish looks spot on!! Very well done. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excellent build, cracking paint job. How did you do the roof lights,they look good.

I've got a UH-1c on the way and was thinking of airbrushing the roof lights with Tamiya clear green X25.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ron Pearcy said:

Excellent build, cracking paint job. How did you do the roof lights,they look good.

I've got a UH-1c on the way and was thinking of airbrushing the roof lights with Tamiya clear green X25.

Thanks Ron, I used Humbrol clear green that`s all.

Cheers Russ