FW-44 Stieglitz Forca Aerea Brasileira

Tweener

Hey all!

Today I have a question about the FW-44 in Brazilian service. After finishing my Model 256, I've decided it needs a friend to share the skies with, and I've settled on Kora's cute little FW-44. The problem is that I can only find one photo of the type - a museum piece. I trust that Kora got their info right, but they have made mistakes before, so I wondered if anyone might know where I could find more photos of the type, and specifically of Brazilian examples. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and Stay Healthy,

Tweener

Hello Tweener

Take a look at this blog. Apart from museum aircraft photos and one colour profile one can find several photos of Stieglitz biplane while still in military service, although not with Força Aérea Brasileira. but with Aviação Naval da Marinha. Two more photos of Brazilian naval Fw 44s had been published in Focke-Wulf Fw 44 Stieglitz (Flugzeug Profile publication), but I was not able to find them on the web. Cheers

Jure

13 hours ago, Jure Miljevic said:

Hello Tweener

Take a look at this blog. Apart from museum aircraft photos and one colour profile one can find several photos of Stieglitz biplane while still in military service, although not with Força Aérea Brasileira. but with Aviação Naval da Marinha. Two more photos of Brazilian naval Fw 44s had been published in Focke-Wulf Fw 44 Stieglitz (Flugzeug Profile publication), but I was not able to find them on the web. Cheers

Jure

This is actually quite incredibly helpful - not only for the FW44, but for all Brazilian types. Now I really want a NiD 72, DH82, PT-17, and P-36 as well. I already have a P-40 planned, and possibly another F4B4 as a naval Model 267 if I can find the right FCM sheets. Unfortunately the older ones seem to be exceptionally rare. 

Many, many thanks,

Stay Healthy,

Tweener

Hello Tweener

I am glad it helped. With all those exotic types in colourful liveries it is rather fortunate how much info about Brazilian aviation can be found on the web. My personal favorites are their silver/orange P-36 and Sindicato Condor Fw 200 airliner. Stay healthy. Cheers

Jure