Test Bucc

So here we go with another update....this is most definitely a “Muller” build

38J2RqD.jpg

I used masking solution to replicate the wear on the wing...so after a day to make sure it’s totally dry, I masked to spray

HpbYkkl.jpg
Tops side

s3eIdkX.jpg

underside, happy with the result, and when I weather it will blend in.

So...this is when it all started to go wrong. I put the roundel on the nose, and it went all “Indiana Jones” and just melted. The other issue, has been a persistent flow mark under the cockpit that would disappear in primer....

PHuZoAb.jpg
rubbed down, and time to re-touch it all over again. 

1tuxgnW.jpg
but re-appears....it’s at this point I’m just going to live with it. 

Uq0AO3T.jpg
All red white and blue again...with added ripple😂

So on with the decals, and the issue is the walkways which are black. So after some thought, I used a draughting bow (was my Grandads, which he used to line his EM gauge locos and coaches). 
WSVPE0G.jpg

Finished result

PsLiBan.jpg

which I will touch up later. 

Now on with main undercarriage bays and the panel behind the bomb bay.

oqMlebt.jpg

Anyway, thanks for reading my ramblings and any comments are welcome. I can say that if it hadn’t been for this group build, this would have been binned. 

Cheers Si 

• Like 9

I like the way that you got the worn patches on the wings. Pity about the flow marks, but to the naked eye they do not seem that bad. Hope that you have better luck with the next decals that you apply.

He comes the next instalment...

all the decals are from the spares box, and because I couldn’t find stencils for the Bucc in white, I just looked for the right “shape” and lots of poetic licence😉

15DVLA7.jpg
Flory dark dirt applied and then being removed.

PQmiGD1.jpg
top side

LeGK2bd.jpg
underneath 

I then applied  a combination of pin washes (AK) then oils. I then fixed that with a Gunze Matt coat and then my love hate medium...pastels. 
CYrCBkg.jpg

for the vortex and exhaust staining. Then another Matt coat.

KVkeCfr.jpg

wheel wells finished, and the massive leak that seams to be synonymous with the Bucc. I have a pic showing it this bad, so couldn’t resist. 

GiEYmyx.jpg

using some UV glue for the cowling and hud

nxtQMAJ.jpg
Showing the hud, completed wheels and all the metal areas

10fMIDs.jpg

undercarriage attached 

4YIxQGH.jpg

sitting on “her” wheels, and front cockpit glass attached.  I also did the very prominent wear on the leading edges. I also polished the paintwork to give it a luster.

Thank you all for your encouragement it is very appreciated. Now on with the last push to complete this “b1tch” 

cheers for now Si 

• Like 13

Given the quality of work, I think we can overlook some poetic licence here and there! Really looking forward to seeing this one finished now.

Mark.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement it is very much appreciated.

so onwards with a small update.

9LvusiX.jpg
A photo at the last stage of the mammoth job of the canopy😉. I masked the inside and painted it tyre black (Aeromaster acrylic s). Then the outside to first paint white, leave for 3 days then remask for the “tan” colour sealer. 

PwFJYu2.jpg
Here I’m attaching the pylons and cameras....notice the poetic license has struck again as the pylons are from Coltishall ( I won’t tell if you all keep it a secret 😉🤪😂)

6xErt36.jpg

Now it’s just the seats and the windscreen wiper. I thing the “towel” rail antenna and the darning needle look alright. 

Thanks again for stopping by, and I welcome constructive criticism, good or bad. 

cheers Si 

• Like 7

Just caught up with all this, stunning build! How did you get on adding the front canopy after painting? Mine didnt fit well at all!

That looks really 'used'. Great job, and I like the way you have faded the red, and I can tell you it is spot on, I have some paint chips (read large chunks) that came of the A&AEE F-4K here on my desk. 

Here we go, seats are done, just couldn’t get them right, so these will have to do.

I96BqAx.jpg

and the windscreen wiper done too.

f6qp1wT.jpg

and all three raspberry ripple completed back to back👍
N0X2qF2.jpg

Thank you all for your support, during this project. Thank goodness it’s now complete🤯. I will post some photos of the completed model on the gallery. 

Cheers Si 

• Like 11