1/48 Tamiya F-16C Block 25 Indonesian Air Force

Hello fellow modellers,

I like exotic schemes on airplanes, Indonesia has a beautiful edition of the F-16 in magnificent colors, better than the standard dull gray colors. The Tamiya kit is a joy to build, what a fantastic fitting. As extras I have placed an Aires Resin cockpit, the AGM-65 Mavericks and Aim-9J Sidewinders are from Eduard. At the end of last year I had this kit ready ... below some pictures, enjoy.

dsc_21962jpg.jpg?enable-io=true&enable=u

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Jos Jansen
New picture, display base for a contest in the Netherlands.
  • Like 63
  • Thanks 1

I usually find F-16s very boring, but you’ve done a great job on this one. The unusual colour scheme lifts it out of the 

ordinary , great modelling !

Wulfman

• Like 1

The Indonesians are very creative and imaginative when it comes to choosing camo schemes for their military aircraft.Remember the early camo for the  F16As or their collection of Mig17s, Mustangs and Skyhawks? They're so different and some modellers would prefer Jansen's F-16 colour scheme rather than the usual dull gray examples and so would I. Jansen.... your TNI-AU F-16C is simply great!

• Like 1

This is really nice. Can I ask if that's the kit exhaust you have used? I have this model in the post and am keen to get started so may order some extras before it arrives. I wasn't sure if the kit exhaust was much good or not. If that is it on your model above then it's good enough for me I think :D

• Like 1

Superb build Jos - that is a fantastic looking F-16! How did you find the fit of the Aires cockpit with the Tamiya kit? When I used it I had to remove a lot of material from the kit to get the cockpit to fit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I seriously don't know how you guys do this. I know that the Tamiya F-16 series gets good reviews for fit and detail, but how many of you build these kits so flawlessly and then paint and weather them so perfectly just astounds me. The painting of the exhaust and ejection seat is absolutely incredible. And the decals look as if they've been painted on. I can't help but applaud you and curse myself at the same time!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

This is really nice. Can I ask if that's the kit exhaust you have used? I have this model in the post and am keen to get started so may order some extras before it arrives. I wasn't sure if the kit exhaust was much good or not. If that is it on your model above then it's good enough for me I think :D

I forgot to tell that also the exhaust is a  Aires Resin one...👍🏻

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, theaa2000 said:

Superb build Jos - that is a fantastic looking F-16! How did you find the fit of the Aires cockpit with the Tamiya kit? When I used it I had to remove a lot of material from the kit to get the cockpit to fit.

That's correct, you have to remove a lot plastic kit details to fit the resin one...but the Aires cockpit is incredible detailed...especially when the canopy is open, you see everything!