New 'Dutch' member...

Jos Jansen

Hello fellow modellers,

I started modeling about four years ago. Now that the children are slowly leaving home, I have time again for my beloved hobby. Since last year my models are also shown in the model building magazine: Model Aircraft Monthly. Hopefully that will happen again this year. My preference is for jet aircraft from the sixties to the present, in the scale 1/48. My last model built was a British Phantom FGR Mk.2 from the former Wildenrath Air Force Base in Germany. This was a Revell kit, but actually a Hasegawa rebox. Iam currently working on an F-14A Tomcat from Tamiya, which is really a shake and bake kit. I hope to meet even more enthusiastic builders here at Britmodeller.com to exchange experiences!

Greetings from the Netherlands,

Jos Jansen

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 10

Jos,

Great work on the Phantom. Finish and the weathering came out fantastic. Also welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your builds and finishes.

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

• Like 1

Hi Jos

Welcome here in this great forum.

Im a huge Phantom fan, many times in my life i drove to Wittmund air base of the JG 71 and watched the take off and landings by those great jet fighter ever.

Your one looks fantastic, absolutely stunning work.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Welcome to the forum!  Beautiful Phantom--true commercial art quality.  Are you an artist by profession?

No...😆 Iam not a artist by profession, maybe an artist of modern warfare! Iam a CSM (E9) within the Infantry Branch in the Royal Netherlands Army, but thank you for your compliment...I really do appreciate that!

• Like 2