Newbie Intro

treacle6773

Evening all!

Having recently decided on revisiting a childhood pastime, I've found that this time around, I've become quite engrossed in this model building lark (read; thought I'd give it another bash, I can't have gotten much worse:shrug:).

My experience and finesse regarding scale models is on par with that of the average chimp, and my knowledge of aircraft/armour even more limited! That said; an interest exists, largely founded on a few fond childhood memories around Middle Wallop, Dishforth and a quick whizz around in some variant of Cessna! (Must be around 30 years ago now)

These days I'm boots firmly on the ground, and ever-growing regrets of choosing green over blue help me to cry myself to sleep!:cry:

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello and although read into a fair bit of info on here already, dare say I'll soon be tapping you all up for some info, tips, advice, knowledge and experience before too long!

'til then... TTFN!

• Like 3

Hello TR6773...:post1: from across the pond in Chicago USA. Its ok we all step away for a bit and it all seems a bit overwhelming how fast things advance while we’re gone. Rest assured it all comes to you with a little practice, just don't try to do too many things as it can be a steep curve. You may get frustrated and walk away if you try everything out on one build. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

You may get frustrated and walk away if you try everything out on one build. 

Dennis

So far I've managed to turn my first 2 builds into "practice" or "try something new" canvases :wall: ... But it's from our failures and mistakes that we learn the most!... (or so I'm told).

Thank you for the warm welcome and wise words.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum @treacle6773 from across the great Atlantic pond in the high plains of the desert southwest. Dennis @Corsairfoxfouruncleis correct to walk away, take deep breaths and come back with a new attitude. Patience is a learn process in this hobby. It doesn't happen over night. I've been doing this hobby since I was 7 and I still find myself frustrated over kits.

So......... ask those questions in the group your currently working, I.E aircraft WIP, Armour WIP etc. You will get a fair amount of responses. This is what I like about this site.

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheers @f111guru, I think I'm finally of an age where I can walk away when things don't quite go to plan and come back with a fresh outlook on things.

I'm currently working on a 1/72 Tornado GR4 (the old airfix one with the added weaponry). It's not the best kit but I figure if I can make a half decent model from it, I'll be happy just to get some practice in.

• Like 2