How about the Braille scale ZSU-23-4 Shilka from Revell?

KRK4m

No manufacturer news, no my mum's cousin vinny, but a dream I had a night before - yesss!

AFAIK there's no 1/72 scale ZSU-23-4 on the market yet except for the vintage resin kit by Armo.

A bit odd - as the prototype (a production run 6000+ long) is the most successful AA SPG worldwide.

There's even the 1/100 kit by Zvezda, while the 1/72 scale afficionados feel orphaned.

Some 6-7 years ago a 1/72 new tool was announced by the Chinese Toxso, but nothing has appeared as yet.

However all other Toxso-announced and unreleased moulds have been purchased by Revell, who releases them slowly but steadily - first the M109, then the PT-76...

So how about the ZSU-23-4 in Braille scale, messrs Revell? Who's for (like I am)?

Cheers

Michael

Edited by KRK4m
a misprint
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

I'm in for a nice Revell kit too!

I became interested in the Shilka because of it's use in the Arab/ Israeli conflicts years ago and have fantasized about having one in God's Own Scale!

WARDOG

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd tear their arm off TBH:winkgrin:

A braille Shilka is close to top of my list of wants (immediately below a Tunguska TBH), although Revell wouldn't really be my first choice to make it, given their other recent Russian AFV kits.  :shutup:

Modelcollect maybe?  Assuming they can ever tear themselves away from their Star-Wars-Panzers.  :rolleyes:

Modelcollect? You mean those guys who announced the T-62 in 2012 and showed the sprues in 2016?

And now it's 2021 and their T-62s aren't available yet ...

For me, it's better to have a mediocre Revell kit in stash than to wait another ten years for a virtual Modelcollect.

Cheers

Michael

• Sad 1

Has anyone even seen their MT-LB yet?

I'm well aware of Modelcollect's issues, hence the qualifier to my suggestion (I really do hate their paper-panzers, what a waste of plastic with the T-62 still unmade).

However I diasgree about preferring a poor kit now rather than waiting for a decent one.....My current stash has its own gravity well, so it surely won't be gone before some decent braille SPAAGs turn up!  :winkgrin:

BTW - Have you noticed some of the stuff Scalemates are showing for Trumpeter/Hobbyboss in 1/72.....I've spotted both 9K52 Luna-M & BM-27 Uragan, which are right up there with these SPAAGs amongst my most wanted.  That said, the recent SS-23 Spider kit looks a ****-poor showing compared to simlar stuff in the Modelcollect range, for that matter even Revell's (ex-Toxso) Scud looks like a better kit.

• 3 months later...

Yesssssssssss!!!

Ukrainian Armory has just announced the 72nd scale ZSU-23-4 Shilka for 2021.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/armory-ar72443-zsu-23-4v1-shilka-mod-1970--1354249

I'm in favor as long as they keep the quality of their M41 Walker Bulldog

Cheers

Michael

Edited by KRK4m