It's got a Sherman, a Jeep, figures, a dilapidated building, rubble, tram lines, stowage that's properly tied down, AND.......A Bucket!! What more could anyone ask for. Nice work Steve.

John.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Soeren said:

Great result :thumbsup:

Thank you Soeren as always :D

8 hours ago, Longbow said:

One more under your belt, Steve !! That looks pretty darned good to me !!

What's next on the list ? ;)

Thanks Lee...think it might be time to finish the Tunisian Tiger 1 i've had on the desk for a while....it's part of a larger 4 vehicle diorama idea i've had floating around for some time...might be time to make that happen.

7 hours ago, Hamden said:

As has already been said stunning, outstanding, superb etc etc etc

Really nice result a real show stopper

Roger

Thanks Roger always appreciate your input :thanks:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

It's got a Sherman, a Jeep, figures, a dilapidated building, rubble, tram lines, stowage that's properly tied down, AND.......A Bucket!! What more could anyone ask for. Nice work Steve.

John.

Thanks John ...yep i have to say i was well impressed with the bucket....all lead foil ..didn't even need to paint it and you can dent it so naturally ...probably the most realistic aspect of the whole scene :cwl:

Seriously thanks for your continued input always appreciated

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PhilHendry said:

It's a seriously impressive scene - great modeling, great eye for detail... And yet, unlike some dioramas, it's not 'overdone'.

Thanks so much Phil...yeah i did open a folder on my computer and fill it with pics of Cologne during WW2 and it struck me how little military debris was around ( ammo boxes, fuel drums, jerry cans, abandoned weapons and such) so it was mainly wrecked buildings and rubble....did think of adding some of the former for interest but it did look overcrowded.

Thanks again ...Steve

1 hour ago, Longbow said:

Tunisian Tiger sounds awesome !!

Need pix though !! :D

A thread will be done but i don't do full build threads as they end up long winded and a bit boring ....so when the build is done pics and thread will follow then the paint once finished and then the diorama itself......Even that idea got a little messed up with this thread as the diorama got reworked several times...so things ended up a little to long winded for my liking

• Like 1

Not bad...Perhaps put a little effort in next time....:whistle:

One doesn't want to risk sounding overly excited, decorum old boy...

However just Between us, flipping marvellous. Some lovely touches, like the chair and family portrait in the ruin, the building and groundwork, the ....to much to mention. 

Pity about the figures though, really sucks when they look so.... irritatingly good !!!

1 hour ago, M3talpig said:

A thread will be done but i don't do full build threads as they end up long winded and a bit boring ....so when the build is done pics and thread will follow then the paint once finished and then the diorama itself......Even that idea got a little messed up with this thread as the diorama got reworked several times...so things ended up a little to long winded for my liking

Sorry old chap but that's just not cricket, how am I supposed to pinch ideas / learn from whoopsies if we only get the edited highlights!😉

If I can bore folk with pages of drivel then...

Great work btw.

Looking forward to seeing the tiger make a comeback, hope you'll try a little with this one.

Cheers 

Darryl 

On 06/08/2020 at 16:09, Model Mate said:

If my figures were that bad..... I'd be delighted!

I'm enjoying the "figures stage" of my own build at the moment, but yours are superb in comparison.

Thank you for the kind words bud......... i'm starting to enjoy the figure side of things more but my eyesight and shaky hands can make it a little frustrating at times....but you know what they say "practice makes perfect" do you have a build thread for your project if so send me a link would love to take a peek.

I'm following so many threads at the moment it can get a bit overwhelming.....not sure if i have seen your build or not :thanks:

37 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Not bad...Perhaps put a little effort in next time....:whistle:

I know ...just not cricket is it old man .......

38 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

However just Between us, flipping marvellous. Some lovely touches, like the chair and family portrait in the ruin, the building and groundwork, the ....to much to mention. 

Pity about the figures though, really sucks when they look so.... irritatingly good !!!

Why thank you kindly my good chap......very good of you to say, i'm still waiting for you to pull the proverbial finger out and put a thread up with your base build....these delays are just not acceptable :bleh:

42 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Looking forward to seeing the tiger make a comeback, hope you'll try a little with this one.

I promise i will do my very best not to let the team down this time old man......and again thanks...your just topper mate :coolio:

Steve

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Sorry old chap but that's just not cricket, how am I supposed to pinch ideas / learn from whoopsies if we only get the edited highlights!😉

Toatally agree with Darryl @Jasper dog Nice to see the whole process from start to finish including any mistakes and problems, helps me and others as forwarned is forarmed!

Looking forward to your Tiger now

Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, M3talpig said:

Why thank you kindly my good chap......very good of you to say, i'm still waiting for you to pull the proverbial finger out and put a thread up with your base build....these delays are just not acceptable :bleh:

Yeah, time old boy, just time and a big enough picture frame / board for what I've in mind. Bought a bunch of cheap plain picture frames a while ago but they just aren't quite big enough for what I've in mind. The actors/protagonist are pretty much ready just need the groundwork. 

I've another distraction on the bench too, the Mrs bought me a kit as a gift so obviously that's been bumped up the schedule. Never worked in 1/700 before, the faces are so tiny :wacko:!

Darryl 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StuartH said:

Great work. Technically excellent but it also works really well as a scene. Lots of points of interest and the palette of colours used all work really well together. Well done. 👍

Thanks so much Stuart ...have to say i am happy with the result.

Thanks again..... Steve

27 minutes ago, Hamden said:

Toatally agree with Darryl @Jasper dog Nice to see the whole process from start to finish including any mistakes and problems, helps me and others as forwarned is forarmed!

Looking forward to your Tiger now

Roger

You might be right ...i keep forgetting it isn't always going to be experienced modelers looking in at our projects......and it may prove useful to others who are looking at doing the same kit...point taken.

I'm just catching up on my research and then i will start a new thread. and thanks

Steve

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Yeah, time old boy, just time and a big enough picture frame / board for what I've in mind. Bought a bunch of cheap plain picture frames a while ago but they just aren't quite big enough for what I've in mind. The actors/protagonist are pretty much ready just need the groundwork. 

Just pulling your leg bud.....i get that ....time is the big problem for us all.

15 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

I've another distraction on the bench too, the Mrs bought me a kit as a gift so obviously that's been bumped up the schedule. Never worked in 1/700 before, the faces are so tiny :wacko:

Oh god help ya......that is some small figure painting.....700th .....that's got to be a warship or Sci-fi of some kind at a guess...good luck with that then...i'm squinting at 35th scale think i would go completely cross eyed at that :cwl:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, John Masters said:

Love the weighted back wheels on the jeep.  Really, the whole diorama is magnificent but those little details make it.

I'm so glad someone noticed ... a soldering iron on low heat and slight pressure to balloon the tyres just a little and a little sanding to flat the bottoms of.

Honestly didn't think anybody would notice  :thanks:

20 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

And of couse the back tyres! 

2 hours ago, M3talpig said:

I'm so glad someone noticed ... a soldering iron on low heat and slight pressure to balloon the tyres just a little and a little sanding to flat the bottoms of.

Honestly didn't think anybody would notice  :thanks:

Jeeeeez some modellers are demanding. 😉

Hope you "weighted" the rear suspension,  of course the suspension sags well before the tyres! :poke:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Hope you "weighted" the rear suspension,  of course the suspension sags well before the tyres! :poke:

Who do you think your talking too :bangin:.........of course i sagged the suspension :whistle:... this isn't amature hour here ya know :cwl:.....im a bloomin profesional :deadhorse:

• Haha 1