1 hour ago, Jasper dog said:

Welcome to my world, I look at some if the creations on BM and wonder, how the chuff...

Yeah i know what you mean......figures are a strange subject for me though , i think because i have always been aware that i'm not very good at them and as such i try to avoid them (exactly the wrong thing to do)...which is a strange attitude considering i love doing Dioramas so much.

They are a good bunch aren't they, my modelling has definitely improved since being here, particularly since posting in the wip section.

Nice to share a bit of banter, even with those that threaten to snitch! :whistle:

Yes they are i very much enjoy the sense of community here and when needed the encouragement that the folks here are so good at sharing when they see it's needed.

Well, who needs friends! :fight:

That's another scrubbed from the Christmas card list..

aww i love ya bud ...don't scrub me of the list just yet. :like:

• Haha 1

Very nice, all well balanced. 👍IMHO turn turret a little to the right (+/- 60°). It is more dramatic! 😉

Ciao

Filippo

• Thanks 1

On 30/07/2020 at 09:32, Phil1960 said:

Very nice, all well balanced. 👍IMHO turn turret a little to the right (+/- 60°). It is more dramatic! 😉

Ciao

Filippo

Thanks for the kind words bud......the turret is turned a little but because the hatches are open and the crew are raised in their position and the tank is on the move i don't think it would look right with the turret swung beyond the hatches it would look awkward. When all the figures are finished the layout will (i hope ) make more sense :wink:

Hoorah...tank crew done not entirely happy with them but i need more time with more and different figures if i'm going to improve...the driver of the jeep did get lost in the post so the people i ordered from have dispatched a replacement...should be here soon.

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

That's all troops ....stand at ease.

And have a great weekend

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

I see a future in this figure paint for you mate, the whole thing looks awesome ;)

That's high praise indeed coming from somebody who does figures as well as you do....thank you

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

That's high praise indeed coming from somebody who does figures as well as you do....thank you

Thanks M3 but I have a lot to learn yet when it comes to the art of figure painting, Its something that I want to push and get right if I can.

Its not easy and I know we are our own worst critic's but I think your latest round of painting is superb fella, I'd be really happy if they were mine. 

Dan 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, StuartH said:

The figures are good!  Yours are miles better than what I can achieve.  It's seriously difficult.

Couldn't agree more.....had to strip and redo them several times.. definitely one of the hardest aspects of modeling

10 minutes ago, Hamden said:

Great work on your figures they really bring things to life!

I'd happily send my figures to you for painting

Roger

Thanks Roger ...and please don't..... :cwl:.....i'm stressed enough. Seriously though thank you .

• Like 1

Good morning, now you can pack that in!

I'm not buying this self deprecating lark anymore with the figures, "not entirely happy with them, blah blah blah.." .

Not quite sure you've captured the commanders nasal hairs just right btw!

Four figures done and more to come...

They look fab, insignia on jackets, painted or decal?

Great work, annoyingly 😉, as ever.

Already looking forward to seeing what you have in mind next.

Atb

Darryl 

• Haha 1

Those figures are first class Steve. It helps when you start off with a well cast subject, but then it's down to the person painting them, and you've nailed it. Nice one.

John.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Good morning, now you can pack that in!

I'm not buying this self deprecating lark anymore with the figures, "not entirely happy with them, blah blah blah.." .

Not quite sure you've captured the commanders nasal hairs just right btw!

Four figures done and more to come...

They look fab, insignia on jackets, painted or decal?

Great work, annoyingly 😉, as ever.

Already looking forward to seeing what you have in mind next.

Atb

Darryl 

Well Darryl yet again you nailed it.....as usual.....it is indeed the nasal hairs that have let the side down ...they look like a spider crawling out of his nose, so upset:D

Insignia was well molded so they are painted ...so that was £8 wasted with Archer for the decals.

8 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Those figures are first class Steve. It helps when you start off with a well cast subject, but then it's down to the person painting them, and you've nailed it. Nice one.

John.

You are spot on John i have to say the Alpine figures are beautifully sculpted and fit and finish is spot on also.....and as always John thank you for your continued encouragement...in fact to all of you following along.

I would be doing this anyway but being able to share with others is always so much fun.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hi M3,

that's an awesome build including the diorama and figure painting, very well done ..., I went through the whole blog and was very impressed by all the nice pics and explanations, it's so informative, entertaining and inspirational ...

keep on ...

greetings ro

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, surgeon01 said:

Hi M3,

that's an awesome build including the diorama and figure painting, very well done ..., I went through the whole blog and was very impressed by all the nice pics and explanations, it's so informative, entertaining and inspirational ...

keep on ...

greetings ro

Thank you very much that's really nice of you to say. Always great to hear that it might have inspired somebody.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's as done as it's gonna get....so hope you like and thanks for everybody's interest it's been fun.....sorry for the bad photos much like the figures i just can't seem to get this right...:banghead:

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

That's all ...stand at ease.

Steve

• Like 12